Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
8 ways to spoil your pet for National Love Your Pet Day
From cozy pajamas to entertaining toys, here's how to make your furball feel special.
National Love Your Pet Day is coming up on February 20, which is a great excuse to treat your furball to something special. We tracked down some of the best gifts for your pet, from a creative art project to a comfy self-warming bed.
1.Keep your pet nice and cozy.
During bitterly cold months, there’s nothing better than curling up for an ultra-toasty night’s sleep. Treat your pet to this self-warming bed, which is designed with comfy faux lambs wool and comes with a no-slip bottom. The best part? There’s no electricity or cords involved — the interior layer warms itself using your cat or dog’s body heat.
2. Gift your pet some cuddly threads.
This one is a little bit for you and a little bit for them. Dress your dog up in these soft fleece PJs, with a midnight blue background and colorful outer space patterns, then prepare to take all the pictures. This loungewear is perfect for chilly night walks and — one happy reviewer noted — “[I] didn’t think my dog could get any cuter.”
3. Donate to an animal charity.
So, this isn’t spoiling your pet per se, but it’s a chance to give back to our furry friends around the world. A couple of organizations we love:
- The Humane Society: The tenets of this organization includes improving the lives of farm animals, stopping puppy mills, ending cosmetic animal testing and banning trophy hunting.
- World Animal Protection: Among the important issues tackled — cruelty against wild animals, protecting dogs from abuse and rescuing animals in disasters like earthquakes and floods.
- Best Friends Animal Society: This no-kill sanctuary offers housing to homeless animals and — in a broader capacity — aims to stop the killing of animals in shelters across the country.
4. Be your pet’s biggest superfan.
Nothing shows you love your pet quite like getting personalized socks with their faces on them. These are a bestseller on Etsy and come in plenty of color and size options. Glowing reviews include one shopper who wrote: “Perfect!!! These socks are so cute & capture our boy perfectly.”
5. Treat your dog to a gift box.
Give your pup lots of love with a box packed with goodies. Among them, you’ll find a plush toy, cute bandanna and freeze-dried dog treats. Oh and hurry, this one is currently 34% off!
6. A simple toy goes a long way.
There’s nothing like spoiling your cat with a brand new toy. This bestseller comes with both a bouncing ball and a spinning butterfly to play with, so your pet will never get bored. One reviewer promises “hours of entertainment,” which is always a win.
7. Give them the ultimate self-portrait.
This bestselling gift on Etsy is a treat for them and a treat for you. Send in a picture of your pet and you’ll get a digital painting in return, which would be the perfect addition to your home decor. Bonus points — if you have multiple pets, you can score a group portrait.
8. Collaborate on a DIY gift with your pet.
Enjoy an art project with your furry one when you snag the Ultimate Pawprint Keepsake Kit, which turns a paw print into a charming display. You’ll get white clay, a roller, a circle cutter, a hole puncher, color ribbons and two display stands to complete the job. Plus, there’s a stencil kit so you can engrave their name or a special message.
Top pet deals
Ask an Expert