Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Nashbar is where cyclists shop review
Nashbar lives and breathes all things cycling — and it wants to pass its passion and savings on to you.
What is Nashbar?
Arni Nashbar founded his company as a mail-order bicycle parts store in 1973 with a principle he sticks by today: Customers shouldn’t have to pay sky-high prices to get the quality goods they want. Nashbar is built on a true passion for cycling, and so it understands just how important it is to deliver high-quality bikes, cycling gear and parts at the lowest prices available.
What can I buy at Nashbar?
- Bikes. Whether you enjoy a casual ride on the weekends or are an avid cyclist, Nashbar has a bike for you.
- Parts. If your bike needs a new tire, tube, handlebar, seat or pedal take a look at Nashbar’s extensive inventory.
- Clothing. From helmets to leg warmers to cycling shoes, find all of your clothing and safety needs.
- Accessories. Spice your ride up with bells, horns, lights, kickstands, water bottles and more.
I’ve read online reviews that complain about Nashbar’s widely varying sale prices. How can I find the best price?
Some online reviews describe problems with finding the best deal on Nashbar products, as items can sometimes go on sale without notice. If you’re looking for the lowest price available, first check Nashbar’s Clearance Zone to see if the items you’re interested in are already marked down.
Nashbar also offers price protection that guarantees if you find the exact item at a lower price with Nashbar or a competitor within 30 days of your purchase, you’re eligible for a refund of the difference. Just contact Nashbar’s customer service.
What sets Nashbar apart?
Nashbar is one of the largest online-only retailers of bikes, cycling gear and related accessories. Conducting business online means saving on overhead — and passing big savings along to you.
Cycling can be an expensive sport. This online retailer can make it more affordable, offering low-priced gear every day, even lower prices in its Clearance Zone and a Forever Guarantee on returns.
Common questions about Nashbar
Pros and cons
- Forever Guarantee. If you’re unhappy with any product purchases from Nashbar for any reason, the company will replace it or issue a refund.
- Price protection. If you find the exact item you purchased on Nashbar for a lower price anywhere else within 30 days of your purchase, the company will match that price.
- Free shipping on orders of $49 or more. It’s easy to hit this mark, what with such a wealth of merch to choose from.
- Some assembly required. You will need to assemble parts of your bike on arrival. Nashbar offers a helpful assembly of online videos to help.
- User complaints. Hardcore cyclists complain that gear isn’t always top quality, while others warn of long wait and shipping times.
Shipping, payment and refunds
Shipping and delivery
You have a variety of shipping options to the contiguous US states. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada may incur additional charges.
|Shipping option||Delivery speeds|
|Standard shipping for orders of $49+ — Free||7–10 business days|
|Standard shipping for orders of up to $49 — $4.99||7–10 business days|
|Ground shipping for orders of $49+ — $5||2–5 business days|
|Ground shipping for orders of up to $49 — $9.99||2–5 business days|
|Two-day shipping — $24.99||2 business days|
|Standard overnight shipping — $34.99||Next business day|
Nashbar accepts most major credit cards and PayPal on checkout.
Thanks to Nashbar’s Forever Guarantee, you can return or exchange at anytime for any reason. To return an item:
- Complete the return form on the back of your original invoice and include it in the return package.
- Attach return label included on the invoice to the outside of your package.
- Drop your package off at any US mailbox, including your own.
Return postage is paid, but Nashbar deducts a $7.99 fee from the total of your return for this return service. To avoid this fee, return the items on your own dime through any means you’d like.
Nashbar promo codes and deals
More guides on Finder
Everlywell COVID-19 test kit review
Get your results within two business days, and book a free telehealth consult if you test positive.
Get up to 90% off popular brands through ThredUp, a secondhand clothing website. Here’s what you need to know before you start shopping.
Mercari review: How it works, pros, cons and more
Is Mercari the best secondhand app to buy or sell your goods? See Mercari pros and cons, reviews and complaints and general FAQs to decide.
Target 14 Days of Beauty sale
Get all the details on Target’s 14 Days of Beauty sale, including a full list of deals! And find some hacks on how to stack your savings.
Sites like Mercari
Looking for an alternative to Mercari? Here are some worthy competitors that offer high-end brands at steep discounts.
Here are 6 Rae Dunn-inspired products we love and where to find a deal
These home products are giving us serious Rae Dunn vibes, and you can score them for a solid discount right now.
Best store credit cards of 2021
Here are our picks for the best store cards of the year.
Purple Carrot Review
Purple Carrot delivers all-vegan, plant-based meals to your door, but the service has limited recipes.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Mint Mobile prepaid phone plans review
Mint Mobile has some of the cheapest prepaid phone plans, but you’ll have to commit to a 3-month plan. See if the features are worth it.
Ask an Expert