Shop online at US stores and ship your orders internationally — without the sales tax.
If you live outside the US, you know how difficult — and expensive — it can be to order from online retailers. Free shipping promos generally don’t extend to those outside the States, each package requiring shipping charges of $10 or more on top of your order, if you can even choose international delivery.
MyUS.com works to help take the hassle out of online shopping. Founded more than 20 years ago, it started as a way for expatriates to receive US catalogs and mail overseas. With the rise of the Internet, it’s since evolved into a broad international shipping management service to more than 220 countries worldwide.
Think of it like a middle man that receives your package to a US address, gathers them up into as few boxes as possible and then ships them to your international address. It even helps out with any export paperwork you might need. Here’s what to know before signing up.
MyUS.com discount and coupon codes March 2019
Popular myUS.com coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|6 Apr 2018||Start saving up to 80% on shipping rates today||********|
What can I buy at MyUS.com?
MyUS.com isn’t a place to online shop. Rather, you purchase your items as usual at any online retailer of your choice, entering your MyUS.com mailing address for delivery.
Depending on your MyUS.com membership, the service either forwards your delivery to your international address once received or holds on to it, consolidating multiple purchases from various retailers into one box, completing any export documents and saving you shipping with one box.
From signing up to unboxing your goods, you’re looking at 3 easy steps:
1. Register. Sign up online for your international tax–free MyUS shipping address. Select either paying for a one-time shipment with no monthly fee, a premium membership with package consolidation or a premium + mail membership that also allows for letter and catalog receipt.
2. Shop. Browse top US brands like usual, entering your MyUS shipping address at checkout to take advantage of US rates — and even free shipping promos.
3. Get. MyUS receives your packages, emailing notification so that you can choose delivery or consolidation. When you’re ready, you submit a shipping request through your account for delivery in two to four days.
Shipping, payment and returns
Shipping and delivery
Shipping rates from MyUS.com depend on your location and the weight of your package. A five-pound package shipped to France, for example, could run you $27.94 for budget economy shipping. That same five-pound package might cost around $44.91 for shipment to Brazil.
Get estimates by entering your home country and weight of your package in MyUS.com’s online shipping calculator.
MyUS.com accepts all major credit cards, including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diner’s Club, JCB, Discover and Union Pay, as well as PayPal in most countries.
Before MyUS.com ships your items, it first confirms that your package has arrived to its facility undamaged. You can request to see photos of your items prior to shipment to make sure they’re exactly what you ordered.
If you do need to return an item, MyUS.com facilitates the process. Keep in mind that many retailers do not refund the cost of return shipping.
When’s the next sale?
MyUS.com periodically offers free trials of its membership services, as well as other special discounts and offers for members.
What sets MyUS.com apart?
MyUS.com is the largest company of its kind, earning high marks from the industry as a reputable service. In fact, Inc. magazine has been named MyUS.com among its. 5,000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America list seven times since 2008.
Pros and cons
- Avoid paying US sales tax. Because MyUS.com shipping addresses are tax-exempt, you won’t have to worry about paying US sales tax on any of your items.
- Get discounted international shipping. Even if a US retailer offers international shipping itself, rates can be pricey. MyUS.com’s shipping rates can be much cheaper.
- Completes your export paperwork. MyUS.com fills out all necessary export paperwork for you, so all you have to worry about is waiting patiently for your package.
- Not all items can be shipped overseas. Do your research before placing an order to make sure that you can legally import what you’re buying.
- Many online complaints. Yes, online reviews in general are negative — after all, it’s the only time we ever actually remember to leave a review. But high costs, difficult support and lost or damaged goods don’t appear to be isolated incidences.
MyUS.com can solve a common problem that many international shoppers experience: unavailable or expensive international shipping from US retailers.
If you live overseas or are looking to ship a gift to friends or family internationally, MyUS.com can receive, consolidate and send your packages out of the country. If you need help with export documents or would like to use a specific carrier, MyUS.com experts are available to help. But customers say the service isn’t always your cheapest bet.