MyMedicalLoan.com medical loans review
Is your procedure not covered by insurance? This provider could help with a loan for medical expenses.
Lack of insurance or high deductibles shouldn’t stop you from seeking out necessary medical procedures. MyMedicalLoan.com is just one online service offering unsecured financing designed to help cover doctor visits, elective surgery and other procedures your insurance won’t. Loans start $1,000, but not all states are eligible. And rates can be higher than a traditional personal loan.
Max. Loan Amount
10.98% to 30%
Min. Credit Score
What is MyMedicalLoan.com?
MyMedicalLoan.com is a subsidiary of online lender LendingUSA. It offers unsecured loans from $1,000 to $35,000 for nearly any type of medical procedure or expense. Terms range from 3 to 5 years, and interest rates generally fall within 10.98% to 30%.
What makes MyMedicalLoan.com unique?
MyMedicalLoan.com is a simple website designed to get you the money you need to fund your medical expenses. While you won’t necessarily find all of the information you need to make a decision on its site, its application is straightforward.
And unlike many other lenders that try to sell you add-ons, MyMedicalLoan.com keeps it simple, so that you can get moving quickly on paying for what you need.
What are the benefits of using MyMedicalLoan.com?
- Small loan amounts. With loans that start at $1,000, you might not have to borrow more than you need with this service.
- Low late fees. MyMedicalLoan.com extends a 15-day grace period before charging a $10 fee on late payments, allowing some breathing room for tight budgets.
- No prepayment penalty. Save on unnecessary interest by paying off your loan before the term.
What to watch out for
- Few online reviews. If you’re looking for a highly rated and reviewed service, you may want to look elsewhere. The few reviews you’ll find are from many years ago.
- Scant online info. Its website is simple and easy to navigate, but it’s hard to get the information you need to know before you apply.
- No specialized support. The customer service line listed on its website is for LendingUSA, not MyMedicalLoan.com.
Compare more loan providers to finance medical expenses
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What does the Internet say about MyMedicalLoan.com?
We weren’t able to find much online about MyMedicalLoan.com. It isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau, though it earns an A+ rating from the BBB based on internal criteria like transparency and time in business. Curiously, its BBB page doesn’t include reviews or customer complaints, and you won’t find reviews on its Trustpilot page either.
Older reviews claim that MyMedicalLoan.com is actually a broker or connecting service, not a direct lender. But if that was the case in the past, it doesn’t appear to be so today. Then, it could be related to other news you’ll find online.
In 2014, MyMedicalLoan.com was one of four companies to settle predatory medical loan charges brought forth by the New York State Attorney’s Office. The companies agreed to scale back their interest rates from more than 50% to a more reasonable 16% or lower. It also contributed to the $230,000 paid out to more than 300 New York consumers affected by the charges.
In short, take caution before signing on for a loan with MyMedicalLoan.com. Carefully read the terms and conditions of your loan, and ask about anything that isn’t immediately clear.
Am I eligible?
To apply for a loan with MyMedicalLoan.com:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a credit score of at least 620.
MyMedicalLoan.com is not available in:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- West Virginia
How do I apply?
You’ll provide basic personal and financial information to complete MyMedicalLoan.com’s short application:
- Go to MyMedicalLoan.com and click Check My Rate.
- Enter your preferred loan amount and personal information that includes your Social Security number.
- Provide your home phone number, your mobile number and your email address.
- Enter your gross monthly income, provide details about one personal reference and your employment status.
- Select the type of service you’re seeking, and enter your provider’s name and phone number.
It may take a few minutes for your application to fully process.
What happens after I get my loan?
After you receive your loan funds, you can use them to finance any medical expense or bill, even if it’s in collections.
Then it’s time to plan for repayments. How much you owe each month depends on your APR, your loan term and how much you borrow. If you’re late making a payment, you have a 15-day grace period before MyMedicalLoan.com charges a $10 late fee.
A medical loan can mean the difference between getting the medical attention you need and going without. MyMedicalLoan.com can help with loans as small as $1,000, but it may not offer the most competitive rates or fees.
Before signing a contract, learn more about your options in our guide to medical loans to find the strongest rates and terms you’re eligible for.