Get an unlimited Internet plan and make excess data charges a thing of the past.
With more Malaysians now working from home due to the coronavirus, it’s a good idea to upgrade to an unlimited Internet plan. Your usual data-capped plan may not be enough, especially if you’re now spending more time at home and eating up more data.
Luckily, most providers offer unlimited Internet plans to make sure you’ll never hit a data limit and get your Internet speed slowed down.
Compare unlimited Fibre Broadband Plans
What should I consider when comparing unlimited Internet plans?
While the exact plans you can access depend on where you live and what type of connection you have, here’s what matters when it comes to comparing unlimited data plans:
- Speed. Keep in mind that not all speed tiers are available at all addresses. Your actual connection speed may also vary depending on things like hardware and Wi–Fi signal, though these are largely outside the control of providers.
- Cost. Even between plans offering similar connections, there can be a fair variation in price. Prices range from around RM89 to over RM289 monthly, with the biggest price differences due to what connection speed they offer. Some of the more expensive options might include enticing extras, like Fetch TV.
- Contract type. Broadband plans can either come as fixed-length contracts (e.g. 12 or 24 months) or month-to-month options. Generally, a fixed-length contract will offer reduced set-up fees or a bonus feature, but will charge you a hefty exit fee if you want to cancel your service before the term is up.
- Streaming services, e.g. Netflix, Astro IPTV
- Sports TV packages
- Free modem
- Discounts off mobile plan prices
- Home phone included
Can I get unlimited broadband on-the-go?
If you’re looking for unlimited data, there aren’t a whole lot of alternatives to fixed-line connections. While mobile broadband is a reasonable choice when compared to Fibre, offering competitive speeds, there’s nothing yet available that approaches the largely unconditional unlimited data plans.
It’s worth noting that Celcom Mobile Platinum Plus offer 100GB mobile data plans, but these are misleadingly titled.
While fixed-line connections are still your best bet in terms of data per dollar, great alternatives appear to be on their way.
Unlimited Internet plans:
- MaxisONE Home 100Mbps
- TIME Fibre Home Broadband 1Gbps
- MaxisONE Home 30Mbps
- Fiber@Home Residential 100Mbps
- TIME Fibre Home Broadband 100Mbps
Ask an Expert