Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
unifi Broadband Review
Fibre packages start from just RM79 per month.
unifi is a broadband service provider that enjoys the widest infrastructure reach in the country. The teclo, backed by Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM), has a number of fast or very fast fibre packages to choose from. unifi’s flexible plans are competitively priced and can meet the needs of both home and business customers.
Compare unifi Broadband Plans
Read on to find out what you need to know about unifi fibre broadband deals.
What broadband plans are offered by unifi?
unify offers a range of uncapped broadband plans for 12- or 24-month subscriptions (new customers must sign up for 24 months). Here’s a selection of deals as part of its unifi Home range:
- unifi Home Fibre 300Mbps. This premium deal offers unlimited data and comes with speeds of up to 300Mbps. You can also binge watch more than 70 channels of entertainment content via your TV Ultimate Pack. A free unifi Media Box is included. Plus, up to two devices can take advantage of the unifi playTV app. Finally, get 600 minutes of talk time to all mobile and fixed lines nationwide. This deal costs RM199 per month.
- unifi Home Fibre 100Mbps. Offering speeds of up to 100Mbps, this fibre deal should keep you comfortably above the average broadband speed in Malaysia. Pick a media pack on the unifi playTV app and you can enjoy entertainment on-the-go. Also, get 600 minutes of calls to all mobile and fixed lines in Malaysia per month. This package costs RM129 per month.
- unifi Home Fibre 30Mbps. unifi’s most basic plan should still let you surf the web on a couple of devices at the same time without trouble. Costing RM79 per month, this deal includes access to the unifi playTV app including 13 free TV channels.
Note that the maximum speeds shown above refer to downloads. Be sure to check any plan you compare for its upload speed limit too. Before committing to a broadband plan, you can check if fibre coverage is available in your area via unifi’s website.
Benefits of choosing unifi broadband
- Super-fast internet. unifi’s fibre internet service offers speeds of up to 300Mbps, owing to its move away from old copper-based internet services in favour of fibre optic cables.
- Flexible contract. With unifi, you can sign up to a plan with a 30-day trial period. This means if you were to change your mind within the term of your trial period, you won’t have to pay another sen.
- Regular Promotions. Take advantage of regular deals with unifi. At the time of writing, these included a free unifi Media Box; a free modem; and free installation and activation (new customers only). Some products include a free DECT phone. Also, unifi offers free fixed-line to fixed-line calls with some plans. Terms and conditions apply.
Features of unifi broadband
- Broadband bundles. In addition to fibre broadband, you’ll have the chance to stream content with unifiTV. This provider offers a 100Mbps + unifi Media Box deal for RM189 a month. You’ll get more than 70 channels of entertainment, along with 600 minutes’ talk time to mobile and fixed lines nationwide.
- myunifi app. Manage your home internet and mobile accounts – and pay your bills – anytime, anywhere. It’s also possible to find support on social media, unifi community forum or via live chat.
- Online billing. Unifi’s fibre broadband customers can now view, and pay, their monthly bill information via the myunifi portal at unifi.com.my.
- unifi biz. This provider offers a business plan that can be tailored to meet your company’s needs. This package also includes speeds of up to 100Mbps and voice services.
What are some of the fees with my broadband deal?
If you cancel your contract early, you’ll need to pay a termination fee of RM500. There’s also a charge of RM200 if you want to downgrade your package for any reason. Elsewhere there’s a relocation fee of RM300 should you move address and want to keep your broadband.
Other charges and fees may apply. So, always check the terms and conditions for a full list of costs you could face before deciding whether to sign up with unifi.
Pros and cons
- Widest broadband coverage in Malaysia
- Low-priced deals from as little as RM79 monthly
- Generous ‘cooling-off’ period of 30 days
- Complaints have been raised online about poor customer service
- Faster speeds may be available – for example, with TIME broadband who offer speeds of up to 1000Mbps.
How to apply
The easiest way to apply for unifi fibre broadband is to do so online. Start by making sure that you meet the eligibility requirements. Malaysians and foreigners who are at least 18 years of age can subscribe to unifi Home plans.
Once you’re ready, simply click “Go to Site” in the table above and you’ll be able to complete your order on unifi’s website.
You’ll typically need to provide at least:
- Personal details, including your address
- A copy of your Malaysian ID card (both sides)
- Personal details, including your address
- A copy of your passport.
Ask an Expert