Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
TIME Broadband Review
Broadband deals start from as little as RM99 a month with TIME.
TIME is one of the Malaysia’s biggest internet service providers. The company – which says it’s the only full-fibre network provider in the country – offers a range of super-fast fibre packages and some competitive prices. In this review, we take a closer look at TIME’s fibre broadband.
What fibre plans are offered by TIME?
With TIME, you’ll usually need to commit to a 24-month broadband contract. The only exception is for new customers, who have the option to select a ‘no lock-in’ contract.
- 100Mbps plan. Enjoy speeds of up to 100Mbps for RM99 per month. This deal includes a pay-as-you-use voice package.
- 500Mbs plan. Stream or download with ease for RM139 per month. For just RM2.50 extra you’ll get a voice deal which includes 30 monthly minutes and a free DECT Phone (worth RM149).
- 1Gbps plan. Get lightning-fast speeds of up to RM199. By paying an extra RM10 per month, get 300 monthly minutes and a free DECT Phone (worth RM149). Plus, you’ll get this provider’s highest performing router model: the D-Link DIR-882.
- Small business deals. TIME supports SMEs by offering deals to meet differing company needs. Speed limits range from 20Mbps to 100Mbps and prices start from RM238 for a 24-month term. You can also utilise add ons such as the TIME BizCloud, which lets you manage your business files in one place.
You can check for fibre coverage in your area on TIME’s website. To help you compare, you may also want to find out your existing internet speed.
Benefits of choosing TIME broadband
- Online deals. Get RM100 off your first bill and a RM100 reduction on TIME devices. Terms and conditions apply.
- Range of fibre plans. Uncapped deals with TIME include speeds such as 20Mbps, 100Mbps, 500Mbps and 1Gbps. You could also enjoy more flexibility with no lock-in contract if you prefer.
- Customer service options. A call centre, live chat and support via Facebook are all available with TIME.
Features of TIME broadband
- Very fast Internet. The use of 100% fibre optic cables gives you peace of mind your connection will be fast and stable. You should have no trouble in connecting multiple devices to the internet at the same time.
- Tech support. TIME has a dedicated team, known as their ‘Tech Ninjas’, who can support your installation and ongoing WiFi needs. You can choose your installation date when you sign up.
- Manage your Fibre profile online. Manage your personal details and lots more at your own convenience.
What fees apply with my broadband deal?
Depending on the fibre broadband package you choose, you may have to pay a one-time set up charge of RM400 or RM500. This fee typically applies to customers who choose the Home Basic plan (with a ‘no lock-in’ contract). Non-Malaysians have to pay a returnable RM500 deposit (except when they select the ‘no lock-in’ contract, as this is covered by the set-up charge). TIME will charge a termination fee of RM500 if you break your contract too early; other fees include a small charge if you select paper-based billing.
Read TIME’s terms and conditions for a full list of the fees and charges you could face. It’s worth keeping in mind that you’ll only be able to enjoy ‘uncapped’ data if you stay within this provider’s fair usage policy.
Pros and cons
- Massive speeds of up to 1Gbps are available
- Free wireless modem and fibre converter unit
- Trusted name in the Malaysian broadband market
- If you shop around, you may find a lower monthly rate than RM99
- Non-Malaysians have to pay a one-off set-up cost on most packages
How to apply
It’s easy to apply for TIME Fibre Home Broadband online. Once you’re ready, simply click “Go to Site” above and you’ll be taken to the TIME website to complete the straightforward signup process.
As a minimum, you’ll need to provide:
- A credit card (MasterCard or Visa) when choosing Auto Debit payments
- MyKad / passport
- Credit card (MasterCard or Visa) when choosing Auto Debit payments
Ask an Expert