Find out if you can benefit from an AmBank personal loan.
AmBank is a Malaysian financial services group with over four decades of experience in providing both conventional and Islamic banking products and services. Within its suite of loans and financing products, you can also find end-to-end solutions, including business banking, insurance and asset management.
You can borrow as little as RM2,000 up to RM100,000 with AmBank’s personal loans. So whether you’re looking to buy a car, renovate your home or take a vacation, an AmBank personal loan could be just what you’re looking for.
finder does not currently have access to this personal loan provider. Please review the product details, application criteria and terms and conditions on the provider website if you are considering applying for this product.
Types of personal loans from AmBank
Below is a brief overview of the products offered by AmBank:
- Personal loan. AmMoneyLine (Conventional), AmMoneyLine Facility-i (Islamic) and Personal Financing-i (Islamic) are all fixed rate, unsecured personal loans that can help you finance any personal needs. You can borrow amounts from RM2,000 to RM100,000 and repay the loan over 1 to 5 years. There are no processing fees, lock-in periods or early settlement fees.
- Auto financing. This secured loan comes as a fixed rate option and you can finance up to 90% of the car price, which you can repay over 1 to 9 years.
Features of an AmBank personal loan
AmBank personal loans come with the following advantages that may make it worth considering:
- Range of available loan amounts. The minimum loanable amount is RM2,000 and the maximum is RM100,000, helping you to finance whatever you need.
- Waived fees. There are no processing fees or early settlement fees for AmBank’s personal loans. However, other fees associated with the loan, such as stamp duty charges and late payment penalties may apply.
- Quick turnaround. Loan applications are generally approved within 48 hours, so you can access the funds sooner.
- Internet banking. All personal loans can be conveniently managed and accessed online.
What other products does AmBank offer?
Apart from personal loans, AmBank also offers a range of personal and business financial products and services.
- Bank accounts. AmBank has a number of different bank accounts to cater to every need. Account types range from savings and current accounts to fixed/term deposits and foreign currency accounts.
- Credit and debit cards. AmBank offers an impressive assortment of over 20 credit and debit cards.
- Priority banking. AmBank offers specialised and advanced services such as market insights, financial expertise and investment tools.
- Wealth management. AmBank also offers various unit trust funds and tailored investment plans.
- Business banking. AmBank has integrated SME, business and transaction banking solutions to help bring your business to a new level.
- Home and property loans. AmBank also offers options for home buyers and property investors. Opt to link your home or property to your current account to enjoy preferential interest rates. Shariah-compliant counterparts (Home/Property Financing-i) are also available.
- Insurance. AmBank offers cover options including general insurance (car, home and accident), life insurance (health, education, wealth, protection, credit-related) and family takaful.
- Islamic banking. All product and services offered under AmBank Islamic are Shariah-compliant.
How to apply for a personal loan from AmBank
You can apply for an AmBank personal loan by filling out an online enquiry form or visiting your nearest branch. A bank representative will get in contact with you as soon as possible. You may also call the bank directly at 03-2178 8888 for a quicker response.
AmBank does not list the eligibility requirements or required documentation for a loan application on their website, so you’ll need to contact the bank directly to check if you meet their criteria.
As a general guideline, you should have the following documentation on hand:
- Copy of NRIC (both sides)
- Latest salary slip from the last three or six months (for self-employed borrowers)
- Latest bank statements from the last three months or latest EPF statement
- Copy of Business Registration Certificate (for self-employed borrowers)
- EPF form (for self-employed borrowers)
Make sure you compare your options thoroughly before applying to ensure that AmBank is the right personal loan provider for you.