Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Trade forex online with OANDA
Trade on OANDA fxTrader or MT4 with instant execution and no requotes whenever the markets are open.
One of the biggest forex traders in the world, OANDA has multiple forex trading platforms, including MT4, which you can use to trade more than 70 currency pairs 24 hours a day, five days a week.
OANDA forex allows you to trade more than 70 major and exotic currency pairs.
What trading levels are available with OANDA?
OANDA does not offer account types or levels, and, there’s no minimum or maximum amount you can trade. However, the trading levels on OANDA will depend on the platform you wish to trade with. OANDA provides two main trading platforms: fxTrade and MT4.
|fxTrade||N/A – Trading is performed in units. For example, one unit equals one USD. No minimum or maximum applies.|
What trading platforms are available?
OANDA’s trading platforms, fxTrade and MT4, are available across desktop and mobile.
- OANDA fxTrade. Available with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems as a practice or live trading account, fxTrade lets you trade 90 different currency pairs and silver and gold crosses. Users can also create sub accounts. OANDA fxTrade requires the latest version of Java to operate properly.
- OANDA fxTrade Mobile. Trade from your smartphone or tablet device. OANDA fxTrade Mobile is compatible with iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets.
- MetaTrader 4. Available on Windows, MetaTrader 4 supports the use of Expert Advisors (EAs) to automate trades. This trading platform is funded from your fxTrade account.
Features look-up table
|Trading cost||USD 9|
|Education and resources||Yes|
|Min spread||1.20 pips|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||No|
|Compatible devices||iOS, Android, Windows|
|Deposit & withdrawal methods||Bank transfer, credit card and PayPal|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What are the benefits of using this OANDA?
OANDA provides in-house live chat, email and telephone support five days a week and 24 hours a day. New traders can benefit from no minimum deposit to start trading, as well as education, training and comprehensive customer support.
Other benefits include forex analytical tools such as position ratios, top 100 statistics and a 24-hour order book summary. OANDA also provides multiple trading platforms.
OANDA is generally considered safe to invest with. It is regulated by agencies like the FCA, ASIC, MAS and IIROC.
What are the pros and cons of using OANDA?
- No minimum deposit to start trading
- Orders are executed instantly and there are no re-quotes or rejections
- Copy trading, scalping and hedging features are offered
- Lack of development features for traders who like to create their own trading strategies
- Only offers account base currencies in EUR, GBP, CHF, USD, CAD, AUD, JPY, HKD and SGD. You might incur additional charges when converting RM to any of these currencies
- No Islamic account available
How do I sign up?
OANDA forex trading is available for individual and corporate customers.
OANDA provides a demo trading account you can use to practise trading with virtual funds before opening a live trading account. Enter your personal and contact information so you can download fxTrade Practice or MT4 demo trading accounts. A mobile trading application is also available.
The OANDA practice trading account doesn’t expire, so you can use the demo trading account for as long as you like. You can reset the 100,000 virtual currency limit and change your leverage level as many times as you like.
You create a live trading account straight away if you want to skip using the demo account.
Did you have more questions about OANDA?
More guides on Finder
Tax on share trading in Malaysia
Find out what tax deductions you’re entitled to if you’re a share trader or an investor.
How to invest money in Malaysia
Learn the basics of what it takes for novices to get started in the investment world, including an overview of your options and what to watch out for.
How to buy Rivian Automotive (RIVN) stock from Malaysia
Rivian Automotive is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Malaysia.
How to invest in gold ETFs in Malaysia
Find out about gold ETFs, what influences their prices, how you can trade them and whether they could be worth your weight in gold.
How to buy Allbirds (BIRD) stock from Malaysia
Here’s how to buy Allbirds (BIRD) shares from Malaysia
How to buy Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) stock from Malaysia
Trump Media and Technology Group is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Malaysia.
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from Malaysia
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here’s how you can invest in them.
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTF) from Malaysia
The second Bitcoin future ETF is set to go live Oct. 22. Here’s how to invest if you’re in Malaysia.
How to buy VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units from Malaysia
Steps to owning and managing VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
How to buy BITO ETF units | $17.89
ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF is the first fund tied to the value of a cryptocurrency to trade on the major U.S. markets. Here’s how to invest if you’re in Malaysia.
Ask an Expert