Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Brunei
Find out how you can save money and enjoy fast transfers when you send money to Brunei from Malaysia.
Compare transfer speeds, fees, rates and more in our tables to see which provider is best for your money transfer needs. Type in the amount of money you want to send to Brunei and the table will show you the most suitable services.
Compare services that send money to Brunei from Malaysia
How to send money to Brunei in 3 steps
- Choose a money transfer service. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table, then pick the best provider for your needs.
- Create an account. Click the button in the table to head to the provider’s site. There you’ll be asked to enter your information, which may include providing identification, a phone number, an address and bank details.
- Pick your payment method. Choose to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card. After you make a transfer the money will be deposited into your recipient’s account or sent to a cash pick-up location in Brunei.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Brunei?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a lower rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick-up methods. Some transfer companies require you to transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient doesn’t have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pick-ups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as RM1, others have minimum limits as high as RM1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Brunei on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
More guides on Finder
WazirX review 2022
Finder’s WazirX review covers all the information you will need about the exchange. Learn about the cryptocurrencies WazirX offers as well as its fees and incentives.
Kraken is a reputable bitcoin and altcoin exchange that is designed with the advanced trader in mind.
Gate.io cryptocurrency exchange – May 2022 review
What are the pros, cons and headlining features of the Gate.io cryptocurrency exchange? Find out in this comprehensive review.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
How to invest money in Malaysia
Learn the basics of what it takes for novices to get started in the investment world, including an overview of your options and what to watch out for.
How to buy Rivian Automotive (RIVN) stock from Malaysia
Rivian Automotive is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Malaysia.
How to trade forex in Malaysia (for beginners)
Interested in buying currency as an investment? Read our tips on being a forex trader, and find out about the strategies that investors use to realise a profit.
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from Malaysia
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here’s how you can invest in them.
Malaysia’s penny stocks
Penny stocks often refer to low-priced stocks from companies with a small market cap. Discover top Bursa Malaysia-listed penny stocks and if they’re worth your time.
What are Malaysia’s blue chip stocks?
What are Malaysia’s top chip stocks and should you invest in them?