Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Rivian Automotive (RIVN) stock from Malaysia
Rivian priced its IPO at US$78 per share, valuing the company at US$66.5 billion. Here's what you need to know.
Electric vehicle maker Rivian wrapped its initial public offering at US$78 per share, well above the raised US$72 and US$74 price range. The offering values Rivian at US$66.5 billion.
Shares shot up to US$106.75 when trading opened and were holding just about US$100 near the close.
What we know about the Rivian Automotive IPO
Rivian Automotive filed a draft registration with the US Securities and Exchange Commission under the ticker symbol RIVN. Not yet an official IPO, it’s one of the first steps of taking a private company public.
The stock is expected to cost between US$57.00 and US$62.00. It’s expected to launch Nov. 10. The shares will be available on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
How to buy shares in Rivian Automotive from Malaysia
To buy shares listed in the US, you’ll need a brokerage account with access to the US stock market. Check out the steps below:
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company you’ll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Trump Media and Technology Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: RIVN. Research its history to confirm it’s a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Rivian Automotive reaches your desired price.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market’s ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Rivian Automotive.
How do similar companies perform?
It’s impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. But evaluating the performance of companies like Trump Media and Technology Group can be useful in determining how the market is performing and whether now is a good time to invest in this industry.
Select a company to learn more about what they do and how their stock performs, including market capitalisation, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield. While this list includes a selection of the most well-known and popular stocks, it doesn’t include every stock available.
Compare online brokers
More guides on Finder
Tax on share trading in Malaysia
Find out what tax deductions you’re entitled to if you’re a share trader or an investor.
How to buy Allbirds (BIRD) stock from Malaysia
Here’s how to buy Allbirds (BIRD) shares from Malaysia
How to buy Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG) stock from Malaysia
Trump Media and Technology Group is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Malaysia.
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from Malaysia
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here’s how you can invest in them.
How to buy Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTF) from Malaysia
The second Bitcoin future ETF is set to go live Oct. 22. Here’s how to invest if you’re in Malaysia.
Malaysia’s penny stocks
Penny stocks often refer to low-priced stocks from companies with a small market cap. Discover top Bursa Malaysia-listed penny stocks and if they’re worth your time.
What are Malaysia’s blue chip stocks?
What are Malaysia’s top chip stocks and should you invest in them?
How to buy Chainlink and how it works
Everything you need to know about Chainlink, how it works and how you can safely buy and trade LINK tokens.
Common Bitcoin scams (and how to avoid them)
A comprehensive guide to what you need to know to detect and avoid some of the most common cryptocurrency scams.
Cheap stock brokerage in Malaysia
Looking for a cheap way to buy and sell shares on Bursa Malaysia and other international exchanges? Your guide to finding cheap stock brokerage in Malaysia here.
Ask an Expert