LiveXLive music streaming review: How it works, pricing and features
All the staples of a customized premium experience, plus free live shows.
LiveXLive’s Premium plan offers a tailored listening experience with playlists, offline listening and an ad-free experience. But what sets it apart is its additional video access to live shows, album-release parties and festivals.
Free trial length
Individual plan price
|Free trial length||
|Family plan offered||
|Family plan device limit|
|Family plan price||$|
Rhys Subitch is a writer and editor at finder.com who tackles topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info on all things finance.
LiveXLive has a strong core set of features, offered at a decent price. Free videos of live performances is a nice sweetener, but may not be enough to fully ease the pain of limited device options.
Pros and cons
- Watch live concerts for free. Chat with the LiveXLive community while you watch, or go full-screen and enjoy the show.
- Station settings. Adjust how often hosts appear and how many popular, new and favorite songs play.
- More than music. Choose the frequency of headline, music or sports news that shows up on your stations.
- Video library. Access interviews with musicians, music history and exclusive LiveXLive programming.
- Upgrading isn’t entirely intuitive. Signing up for a premium account is as easy as clicking a button. But accessing your updated screen takes digging into your settings.
- Limited device compatibility. The LiveXLive app is only available on three home systems outside of Macs and PCs — this may change as it merges with Slacker Radio.
What features does LiveXLive offer?
Free videos of live performances as they’re happening is one of the main selling points of LiveXLive, but it also has the features you’re probably looking for from an ad-free premium music streaming service.
Its mid- and top-tier plans offer unlimited skips when you’re listening to stations. Its free membership option limits skips to six skips.
Create playlists from the extensive LiveXLive library when you subscribe to the Premium plan. But, you can only share your playlists with other Premium subscribers.
Download your favorite stations, playlists and albums to listen offline. The mobile app sorts downloads into curated stations, your custom stations, playlists and albums to easily access what you’re looking for.
Save what you want, ban what you don’t
Collect songs, albums, artists and stations in your library with the bookmark and like features. Click love on your favorite songs and control how often they pop up, or dislike a song to remove it from the lineup. Change your mind? Go into your station ratings and see what you’ve loved and lost.
What music is available on LiveXLive?
Its 28 genres offer multiple channels and a weekly rundown of its top songs. You’ll also find featured artists, podcasts, news and comedy.
What devices is LiveXLive compatible with?
Listen at home on a small selection of devices, or on the go using your smartphone or tablet.
Mac and PC
- Available for desktops and laptops via web browser
Android and iOS
- LiveXLive mobile app for Android devices
- LiveXLive mobile app for iOS devices with 11 or later
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
Smart home device compatibility
LiveXLive is available on the following smart home devices:
- Alexa-enabled devices including Echo Dot, Amazon Tap and Amazon Fire TV.
- Chromecast via the LiveXLive website.
How much does LiveXLive cost?
Choose from three subscription options ranging from free to $9.99 a month.
Cancel your subscription at any time, and automatic renewal depends on how you signed up.
Compare over 10 music streaming services
Check out our music streaming page to read more reviews and browse the best deals for music lovers.