Deezer music streaming review: Pricing, plans and features
Playlists, streaming and downloads, this service holds its own against the big names in the business.
Offering free and paid subscriptions, this streaming business has more than 14 million monthly users, available in more than 182 countries. Need do consolidate your CD collection? Upload them here to keep all your music in one place.
Free trial length
Individual plan price
|Free trial length||
|Family plan offered||
|Family plan device limit||6|
|Family plan price||$14.99|
What's in this guide?
- Pros and Cons
- What features does Deezer support?
- What music is available on Deezer?
- What devices are compatible with Deezer?
- How much does Deezer cost?
- Compare more than 10 music streaming services
- read more reviews and browse the best deals for music lovers.Frequently asked questions
- Frequently asked questions
Pros and Cons
- Available outside the US. Available in 182 out of 192 total countries worldwide, Deezer has an impressive global reach.
- Huge library of songs. Deezer has a total library size that is well above that of Apple Music or Spotify.
- Built in song lyrics. Users have access to on-screen lyrics for any of the songs they’re listening to.
- Difficult to set up. Using the music manager on a computer can prove to be a difficult way of managing your tunes.
What features does Deezer support?
Deezer offers all the standard features, along with a few that help it stand out from other music-streaming services, including:
Create and share custom playlists that can hold up to 1,000 tracks. Working with your trainer to create the best running mix? You can share and change to collaborate on playlists you both love.
Its “Hear This” feature uses your listening habits to give you more music you’ll love. Its recommendations are based on your listening habits and includes new and old music. The more you use Deezer, the more accurate its recommendations to find new music you love.
Sing along using Deezer’s lyric feature for over 2.5 million songs within its library using iOS and Android apps and through the Deezer website. Lyrics scroll along with the song, too, so you can keep your place while you belt out some classic AC/DC.
Subscribers with Deezer Premium+ can enjoy playlists, albums and audiobooks on its app without an Internet connection. But you can only access music using the Deezer app, and you have to connect to the Internet every 15 days to keep your tracks.
Get high-quality access to performances from artists like Ed Sheeran and Ben Harper and upload them for later. The sessions are about 15 minutes long, with quality that’s on par with most music videos.
What music is available on Deezer?
Deezer offers more than 56 tracks covering everything from reggae, funk, pop and indie. Along with big names like Drake, Coldplay, Adele and Rihanna, there are plenty of up-and-coming artists and those just breaking out.
Consolidate your entire music library to stream through Deezer service. Upload as many tracks as you want, but each file should be smaller than 45MB.
What devices are compatible with Deezer?
Access Deezer on multiple smart devices and through a variety of interfaces for computers, phones and tablets.
- PC Windows 8/10
- Mac OS X 10.8+
- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch iOS 8.0+
- Android devices 1.6+
- Windows Phone 7/8
- Blackberry phones
- Apple Watch iOS 8.2+
- Sony Bravia TVs
- Samsung smart TVs
- LG smart TVs
- Philips smart TVs
- Panasonic smart TVs
- Samsung wireless audio systems
- Sonos audio systems
- Bose SoundTouch devices
- Android Auto car systems
- CarPlay car systems
You can only register three devices to your account, and only one can play music at a time.
How much does Deezer cost?
There are two tiers of Deezer service: a free ad-supported tier, and a premium tier that removes the ads and comes with a number of extra features.
|Premium+||$9.99 a month|
|Family add on||$14.99 a month|