We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Kawasaki motorcycle insurance rates
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Kawasaki motorcycle?
Kawasaki is a Japanese multinational manufacturer of aircraft, watercraft, ATVs and motorcycles. Its bikes attract motor enthusiasts of all stripes, with MSRPs that range from $2,300 for the off-road KLX110 to $55,000 for hypersport Ninja H2Rs. Insurance premiums for your Kawasaki depend on your bike type, motor size, location and driving history.
Top Kawasaki bike models
Get motorcycle insurance for your Kawasaki
How to compare insurance for Kawasaki motorcycles
Premiums for a classic cruiser won’t be the same as what you’ll pay to insure a retro sportbike. Consider the following as you explore your policy options:
- MSRP. The higher the price tag, the heftier the premium. If you’re interested in policy savings, you may want to avoid Kawasaki’s hypersport bikes.
- Location. Premiums fluctuate by city, county and your state’s mandatory coverage minimums.
- Engine size. Smaller engines of up to 1,000 cc attract lower rates.
- Anti-locking brakes. Adding an ABS braking system results in premium discounts with many providers.
- Reliability. Roadside assistance is a popular coverage add-on, but it may not be a necessity. Consumer Reports finds Kawasakis are among the more reliable of motorcycle brands.
- Kawasaki Protection Plus. Extend coverage to a transferable warranty of one to four years with unlimited mileage — including roadside assistance and no deductibles.
Kawasaki insurance rates by model
|Model||Base motorcycle price||Monthly insurance rate|
What’s the Riders of Kawasaki program?
The Riders of Kawasaki is a joint program offered by Kawaski and the American Motorcycle Association (AMA).
For $49 annually, members receive the benefits of an AMA membership alongside exclusive member perks offered by Kawasaki:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- 10% discount on Kawasaki accessories
- Monthly American Motorcyclist subscriptions
- Discounts on hotels, car rentals and travel-related services
Kawasaki motorcycles offers both casual cruisers and high-performance sportbikes. But the bike insurance premium you pay depends on where you live, the price tag of your ride and the coverage you select.
Explore your motorcycle coverage options with multiple providers for the policy best suited to your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Kawasaki motorcycles
Read more on this topic
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Temporary motorcycle insurance Navigate which type of temporary insurance you need for your bike and how to start the policy.
Motorcycle insurance vs. car insurance The difference goes beyond covering an extra pair of wheels.
Does motorcycle insurance cover a borrowed bike? Your policy might offer protection, but the damage covered varies by provider.
Illinois moped laws & insurance requirements You’ll need the same insurance as motorcycles, but double-check licensing and headlight visibility rules.
How to insure a motorcycle with a salvage title Salvage your bike’s roadworthy reputation with a safety-focused rebuild and rebuilt title, then get insurance.