Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Kawasaki motorcycle insurance rates
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Kawasaki motorcycle?
Kawasaki is a Japanese multinational manufacturer of aircraft, watercraft, ATVs and motorcycles. Its bikes attract motor enthusiasts of all stripes, with MSRPs that range from $2,300 for the off-road KLX110 to $55,000 for hypersport Ninja H2Rs. Insurance premiums for your Kawasaki depend on your bike type, motor size, location and driving history.
How to compare insurance for Kawasaki motorcycles
Premiums for a classic cruiser won’t be the same as what you’ll pay to insure a retro sportbike. Consider the following as you explore your policy options:
- MSRP. The higher the price tag, the heftier the premium. If you’re interested in policy savings, you may want to avoid Kawasaki’s hypersport bikes.
- Location. Premiums fluctuate by city, county and your state’s mandatory coverage minimums.
- Engine size. Smaller engines of up to 1,000 cc attract lower rates.
- Anti-locking brakes. Adding an ABS braking system results in premium discounts with many providers.
- Reliability. Roadside assistance is a popular coverage add-on, but it may not be a necessity. Consumer Reports finds Kawasakis are among the more reliable of motorcycle brands.
- Kawasaki Protection Plus. Extend coverage to a transferable warranty of one to four years with unlimited mileage — including roadside assistance and no deductibles.
Kawasaki insurance rates by model
|Model||Base motorcycle price||Monthly insurance rate|
What’s the Riders of Kawasaki program?
The Riders of Kawasaki is a joint program offered by Kawaski and the American Motorcycle Association (AMA).
For $49 annually, members receive the benefits of an AMA membership alongside exclusive member perks offered by Kawasaki:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- 10% discount on Kawasaki accessories
- Monthly American Motorcyclist subscriptions
- Discounts on hotels, car rentals and travel-related services
Get motorcycle insurance for your Kawasaki
Kawasaki motorcycles offers both casual cruisers and high-performance sportbikes. But the bike insurance premium you pay depends on where you live, the price tag of your ride and the coverage you select.
Explore your motorcycle coverage options with multiple providers for the policy best suited to your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Kawasaki motorcycles
Read more on this topic
Compare motorcycle insurance in Arizona See why riders pay $150 above the US average for insurance, despite Arizona’s low minimum requirements.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Georgia Motorcycle crashes and major cities could weigh into your premium in Georgia.
Compare motorcycle insurance in North Carolina North Carolina may have high motorcycle insurance requirements, but premiums hover slightly above the national average.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania sticks to the US average for bike insurance with many quality companies to choose from.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Massachusetts Bike insurance costs a bit more than the national average, but packed cities may skew this number.
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.