Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Kawasaki motorcycle insurance rates
How much does motorcycle insurance cost for a Kawasaki motorcycle?
Kawasaki is a Japanese multinational manufacturer of aircraft, watercraft, ATVs and motorcycles. Its bikes attract motor enthusiasts of all stripes, with MSRPs that range from $2,300 for the off-road KLX110 to $55,000 for hypersport Ninja H2Rs. Insurance premiums for your Kawasaki depend on your bike type, motor size, location and driving history.
How to compare insurance for Kawasaki motorcycles
Premiums for a classic cruiser won’t be the same as what you’ll pay to insure a retro sportbike. Consider the following as you explore your policy options:
- MSRP. The higher the price tag, the heftier the premium. If you’re interested in policy savings, you may want to avoid Kawasaki’s hypersport bikes.
- Location. Premiums fluctuate by city, county and your state’s mandatory coverage minimums.
- Engine size. Smaller engines of up to 1,000 cc attract lower rates.
- Anti-locking brakes. Adding an ABS braking system results in premium discounts with many providers.
- Reliability. Roadside assistance is a popular coverage add-on, but it may not be a necessity. Consumer Reports finds Kawasakis are among the more reliable of motorcycle brands.
- Kawasaki Protection Plus. Extend coverage to a transferable warranty of one to four years with unlimited mileage — including roadside assistance and no deductibles.
Kawasaki insurance rates by model
|Model||Base motorcycle price||Monthly insurance rate|
What’s the Riders of Kawasaki program?
The Riders of Kawasaki is a joint program offered by Kawaski and the American Motorcycle Association (AMA).
For $49 annually, members receive the benefits of an AMA membership alongside exclusive member perks offered by Kawasaki:
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- 10% discount on Kawasaki accessories
- Monthly American Motorcyclist subscriptions
- Discounts on hotels, car rentals and travel-related services
Get motorcycle insurance for your Kawasaki
Kawasaki motorcycles offers both casual cruisers and high-performance sportbikes. But the bike insurance premium you pay depends on where you live, the price tag of your ride and the coverage you select.
Explore your motorcycle coverage options with multiple providers for the policy best suited to your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Kawasaki motorcycles
More guides on Finder
Life insurance as a freelancer
As a freelancer you may have unpredictable cashflow, but you can still find income protection with term life insurance.
Say car insurance review May 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare $5 million life insurance policies
A policy this large may be less expensive than you think, but requires a medical exam.
How to get insurance premium refunds
Get the most from your insurance premium refund by understanding how to make coverage changes.
How to self-insure your car
Self-insurance may not be the money-saver you’re hoping for.
Compare cancel for any reason travel insurance
Reimburse up to 75% of expenses no matter the reason you cancel — if you qualify and don’t mind paying a higher premium.
Compare hybrid insurance
Hybrids have great fuel economy, but can cost more to repair and insure.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
Compare event insurance
Event insurance could save your business from headaches on the big day.
Does car insurance cover visiting Canada and Mexico?
Your US policy should cover driving in Canada, but Mexico might require extra liability insurance.