Best online experience
Min. credit score
Min. down payment
- User experience. Better’s website is clean and responsive on any size screen, and the application process is ideal for inexperienced buyers.
- Price-matches other lenders. If a competing mortgage company offers you more affordable terms, Better will match that offer or give you $100.
- No application fee. This lender doesn’t charge application fees, and in some cases, it waives origination fees.
- Limited loan types. Better doesn’t offer VA loans, USDA loans or home-equity loans.
- No app. Better has a mobile-friendly website, but it doesn’t provide a smartphone app.
- No branches. Better doesn’t have any brick-and-mortar branches, so you can’t meet with a loan offer in person.
|Loan types||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||Refinance: 680
All other loans: 620
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3%|
|States available||Not available in: HI, MA, MN, NV, NH, VT, VA|