LegalmatchResearch and get matched with a lawyer online to help you with your complicated legal matter.

LegalMatch was created on the premise that consumers needed a service that would help them compare reviews, availability and fee structures before choosing a lawyer. Based out of San Francisco, CA, and with a membership office in Austin, Texas, LegalMatch has grown to be the most used lawyer/client matching website available. With operations in all 50 states, LegalMatch is able to help consumers all over the country find the right attorney for them.

LegalMatch Real Estate

LegalMatch Real Estate

If you’re in need of a real estate lawyer but you’re not quite sure where to look, LegalMatch is a great place to start.

  • Free service
  • Legal center
  • Pay structure required by lawyers
  • Backed by Bar Associations

    Who is LegalMatch and what do they do?

    LegalMatch is not a referral service; they will never select your lawyer for you. Instead, LegalMatch will offer you the necessary information and tools to make an informed decision on different lawyers in your area that match your needs. All you have to do is provide your case information, and LegalMatch will furnish you with attorney profiles — including reviews, practice areas and legal experience — for lawyers interested in your case.

    Who could benefit from using LegalMatch’s services?

    Considering a very large number of Americans will need legal representation at some point in their lives, it’s safe to say that LegalMatch’s services could benefit a lot of people. Finding a lawyer is often complicated and stressful, not to mention time-consuming. It requires researching each law office and lawyer individually, making phone calls, scheduling consultations, etc.

    Another issue that is commonly faced when searching for a lawyer is bad leads from from well-meaning friends and family. With LegalMatch, you can circumvent all of these inconveniences and find a qualified attorney much more quickly.

    What to watch out for

    In our research there weren’t too many complaints from users of the site. However, we did find some lawyers who have had a negative experience with LegalMatch. Most complaints from lawyers revolved around the way they were advertised of the site’s services, which was often through unsolicited emails. Some of these unsolicited emails contained examples of charges filed against individuals and their location. If the examples were real, that could be a privacy concern (though no names were used in the examples).

    How does it work?

    Minimum browser requirements:

    • Firefox 3.6
    • Internet Explorer 8
    • Safari 4
    • Google Chrome 4

    Steps to finding a lawyer:

    • Step 1- Present your case on This process generally takes less than 20 minutes.
    • Step 2- Lawyers in your area matching your needs will be notified of your case.
    • Step 3- You will begin receiving replies from qualified attorneys within 1-3 business days.
    • Step 4- Review these emails and compare them to the attorney profiles provided by LegalMatch in order to select the attorney that best suits your needs.
    Rates last updated July 27th, 2017
    Details Features
    LegalMatch Real Estate
    LegalMatch Real Estate
    LegalMatch quickly connects you with the right lawyer for your case.
    • Backed by Bar Associations
    • Free service
    • LegalMatch blog
    Enquire More info

    Have we missed anything in the comparison table? Tell us

    • If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know

    For more information, check out our comprehensive LegalMatch review.

    Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes
    Back to top

    Read more on this topic

    Ask an Expert

    You are about to post a question on

    • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
    • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
    • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
    • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

    Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, read the PDS or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Policy.