Create and edit your job posting at any time, pausing and reposting as necessary. Candidates get email job alerts matching their qualifications, and you can manage the posting with collaboration tools for your entire team. Monster’s key features include:
- Monster Studios. Record, edit and post a video to enhance your job description to give potential candidates a more personal feel for your company.
- Unlimited job applicants. There’s no limit to the number of people who can apply to your job once it’s live.
- Access to over 2,000 prewritten job descriptions. Use one of Monster’s templates or draft your own.
- Distribution to hundreds of local news sites. It advertises your job on affiliate news sites in your area — with more than 500 cobranded partners nationwide.
Monster also posts your job on its sister sites, including CareerBliss, Jobs.com, Nurse Jobs, Monster College, Monster Communities and TopUSAJobs.com.
Monster offers a free seven-day trial for any plan you choose. After that, here’s how much you’ll pay for each membership:
|Number of jobs||1||2||5|
|Features||Video interviewing||All features of Starter and:|
- Sends an ad for your job to “hundreds of relevant sites”
|All features of Standard and:|
- Access to Monster’s candidate database, where you can view up to 250 resumes from its searchable database
- Get email alerts when new resumes match your criteria
- Filters to narrow or widen your results
- Text and email candidates directly
Monster also has an Enterprise level for companies searching for a customizable pricing solution. Get the process rolling by submitting an online form and a Monster representative will call you with a quote.
If you’d rather not sign up for a membership, purchase an à la carte Monster job posting.
|Premium job ad||Post an ad and get all the features of its Premium tier.||$499||$529|
|Enhanced job ad||Post a job ad and reach over 30 million candidates on Monster and hundreds of sites in its partner network.||$449||$479|
|Standard job ad||Post an ad and get all the features of its Standard tier.||$375||$399|
|Veteran job ad ||Reach over 10 million veterans by posting your job to Military.com.||$90||$95|
It also offers an à la carte option called SearchMonster, which lets you download resumes and connect with top talent across its job board. One month of SearchMonster — including 500 views — costs $650.
Which sites does Monster consider “relevant?”
With the Standard and Premium plans, Monster posts your job to “relevant sites.” But what exactly does that mean?
A “relevant site” means that we put your ad in front of job seekers where they search on the Internet. It could be other job boards and it could be other types of sites. It strategically places the ad where qualified job seekers spend their time online.
Candidates are redirected to your job posting after they click on the ad.
Weigh the benefits and drawbacks before posting a job, including:
- Free trial. Post risk-free for seven days and cancel at any time if you’re not happy.
- Responsive customer service. Its team is known for being prompt and readily available, and its live chat feature connects you with a real person instead of a robot.
- Prewritten job descriptions. Save time and minimize typos by leaning on its collection of ready-made templates. This can also help ensure you don’t leave out key information.
- No pay-per-day option. The minimum duration for a job posting is 30 days, compared to a site like Indeed that gives you the option to pay $5 daily instead of a lump sum.
- Vague about ad distribution. Monster doesn’t state exactly where it’ll publish ads for your job, if you’re paying for a Standard or Premium plan.
Does Monster automatically post to other job boards?
No, Monster doesn’t automatically post to job boards like Indeed or ZipRecruiter. However, it does publish ads on its sister sites and on local newspaper partner sites around the web, directing potential candidates to your job.
See Monster stacks up against the competition:
As of October 2020, Monster for employers has a 3.3 out of 5-star Poor rating on Trustpilot, compiled from about 200 reviews. The general consensus is that Monster is an easy-to-use and helpful resource for generating applicants. Most complaints are from people who are disappointed that they didn’t find a candidate to fill their position.
However, people on Reddit who’ve used Monster to look for jobs report multiple scams, mostly from recruiters advocating fishy positions. In a comment thread from July 2019, users state that they were contacted about MLM schemes, insurance sales and positions vastly below their experience level.
To post a job on Monster, you’ll need to sign up for a free seven-day trial.
- Select For employers.
- Choose Post a job for free.
- Select a plan and hit Start free trial.
- Enter your email, phone number, company name, ZIP code and country.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions, then select Continue.
- Enter your credit card and billing info and choose Save.
- Hit Place order.
After that, Monster walks you through the process of creating your first job posting.Go to site
Monster is a job search engine that went live in 1994 as one of the first digital job boards. It lost market share when the space was disrupted by the likes of Indeed and LinkedIn, but in 2019 its CEO announced a fresh vision to focus on attracting millennial job seekers, especially in fields like manufacturing, nursing, logistics and entry-level tech.
Today, Monster is privately owned and operated by global staffing firm Randstad.
Monster’s customer service team is available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. Here’s how to get in touch with Monster if you’re a business owner:
- Phone. Call 800-666-7873.
- Live chat. Communicate with a live customer service representative via instant messaging.
- Online form. Submit your contact information online and Monster will reach out via email or phone — whichever you prefer.
Monster can be a good way to reach candidates, though its monthly plans look pricier than more agile competitors like LinkedIn and Indeed. To learn about more ways to optimize, grow and expand your company, browse our collection of small business resources.