Monroe & Main Credit review
Use this revolving line of credit to pay off items in up to 47 months.
- Get this credit if you often shop at Monroe & Main.
- Pick something else if you want a line of credit you can use at other stores.
- Apply with a poor to fair credit score of 300 or higher.
5.75% to 25.99%
Purchase APR (fixed)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Expert reviewMonroe & Main Credit is a shopping card with a $0 annual fee and a fixed purchase APR of 5.75% to 25.99% depending on your creditworthiness. Though you won’t pay anything to get started, you won’t earn rewards.
After you’re approved, you can browse the catalog for clothing, shoes, handbags, accessories and jewelry. Your revolving line of credit lets you purchase items at the store and pay them off in up to 47 months with monthly payments as low as $20. With timely payments, you can get a credit line increase.
If we’re comparing this line of credit to an actual credit card, well, Monroe & Main Credit isn’t terribly great. It lacks the rewards and flexibility you’d expect from a credit card. As such, Monroe & Main Credit will serve decently as a tool for Munroe & Main customers who can’t get a better credit card, but little else.
How to apply for Monroe & Main Credit
Applying for Monroe & Main Credit is a bit different from applying for a traditional credit card.
You should receive an update on whether you qualify for the credit line within 24 hours.
What credit score do I need for Monroe & Main Credit
As a store line of credit, you can apply with a credit score as low as a “Poor” rating of 300. A low credit score however will likely limit the maximum credit limit of your account.
- No annual fee. You don’t have to pay anything to get Monroe & Main Credit.
- Low monthly payments. Depending on your balance, you can get a minimum of $20 monthly payment.
- Quick approval. It may take up to 24 hours to get your approval. Monroe & Main will reach out should they require any additional information.
- Build your buying power. Increase your credit line with timely payments.
- Balance payment options. You can pay your balance by signing up online at the Monroe & Main website; by phone at 800-810-7412 or by mail at Monroe & Main, PO Box 2839, Monroe, WI 53566-8038.
What to watch out for
- High cost for long-term credit. If you have a large balance with 47 months to pay it off, you’ll often pay the highest cost. For example, a balance of $1,800 with 47 monthly payments of $60 could end up costing you a total of $2,820. But a balance of $200 with 12-month payments of $20 will cost you $240.
- No rewards. Many other credit cards offer rewards such as cash back, points or miles.
Compare store credit cards
Monroe & Main shoppers may find good use for the Monroe & Main Credit. The credit will allow you to pay your balance in up to 47 months with low monthly payments. However, since paying your balance on time won’t improve your credit score, you might want to consider other options.
If you want a revolving line of credit to use at specific stores, check out other store cards and compare your options.