A workflow and task management tool designed to promote transparent, collaborative processes.Monday.com can help businesses in almost any industry manage the day-to-day tasks required to meet deadlines and get the job done. But it can be pricey, especially for small businesses.
- Choose this software if you’re looking for a highly interactive, customizable task-management platform.
- Consider something else if you’re on a tight budget and aren’t interested in extra bells or whistles.
Monday.com‘s response to coronavirusMonday.com is offering free use of its platform and services for any nonprofit organization involved with fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
To determine if your team is eligible, submit a form online detailing exactly what you’re doing to help, and Monday.com will be in touch.
How does Monday.com work?
Think of Monday.com as a digital to-do list that’s designed specifically for teams and collaborative tasks. It offers customized online platforms to help manage tasks and organize workflow.
Overall, the four components of Monday.com‘s platform are boards, groups, columns and items. These elements come together to help you manage tasks from start to finish, including assigning it an owner, and other details like location, deadline and price. It then moves through workflow until it’s marked “complete.” It offers premade templates or you can build your own.Monday.com can be used by companies across a wide range of businesses, including:
- Information technology
- Human resources
- Media and production
- Remote work for contractors and self-employed workers
- Product management
- Software development
Businesses can customize the user interface to meet their unique needs. It offers four plan tiers to meet your workflow needs and budget.
|Tools||All features from Basic, and: ||All features from Standard, and:||All features of Pro, and:|
|Google and Office Integrations|
|Security||Same as pro plus: |
Monday.com‘s pricing and fees
What you pay with Monday.com depends on the number of users you want, the tier and if you pay monthly or annually. Paying annually saves you 18%.
For Enterprise and 200+ users, please contact Monday.com for pricing.
Take a look at this video to see some of Monday.com‘s features and functionality in action:
How do I sign up for Monday.com?
Start by setting up a basic account and use it for free for 14 days without entering a credit card. Upgrade when you need to. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to Monday.com and click Get Started
- Enter your email and click Continue
- Enter your name, password and team name, then click Continue
- Fill out a brief questionnaire about how you’re planning to use Monday.com and click Continue
- Next, Monday.com helps you set up a basic account
- After you set up your account, click Upgrade if you’re ready to purchase a plan
- Click See Plans
- Select a plan and click Continue
Pros and consMonday.com is known for being intuitive, with a popular app that customers like. Still, the sheer number of tools available might be overwhelming for less agile teams. Before signing up, weigh the pros and cons, including:
- Reputation for helping teams increase productivity. Businesses in need of a solution to help organize their tasks and better manage teams are likely to be satisfied.
- Cloud-based platform. Don’t worry about taking up valuable hard drive space.
- Money-back guarantee. Cancel your plan within 30 days and Monday.com will give you your money back.
- No free tier. Unlike other task-management software, Monday.com doesn’t offer a free tier.
- Price. The cheapest option for a team of just five to 10 people is $948 per year. Compare that to nTask (free for up to five people), or Hygger (up to 100MB, free for an unlimited amount of people).
Monday.com reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, Monday.com garners 4.6 stars out of 5 on Trustpilot, from more than 2,641 reviews. Overall, customers appreciate the intuitive design and how easy it is to pick up from day one. One user wrote that it’s “the best project management software so far,” comparing it to Trello, Basecamp, Asana and MeisterTask.
The Monday.com app has a 4.5 stars out of 5 on the Apple Store and 4.6 stars in Google Play, each with thousands of reviews. Overall, users praise the efficiency and smoothed workflow that Monday.com brings to their work life. There are very few poor reviews, but some users do complain about the cost.
Case study: Alexa's experience
I used Monday.com at my previous job, where I worked as a marketing specialist. It helped our marketing team become more productive in terms of workflow, cross-departmental communication and organization. It also helped reduce the number of emails we would receive daily.
The best part of Monday.com is how intuitive it is. The system makes it easy to track and prioritize assignments — it even comes with a variety of templates if you don’t know where to start.
Monday.com’s automation features took out a lot of the manual updates we had to make, which saved the team a lot of time. We were able to automate updates across boards, change user assignments and trigger reminders.
In addition, our assigned Monday.com account manager was always available to answer questions and train us on new features that rolled out.
The only drawback as a user was its desktop app. You have the option of using the web version or downloading the desktop and mobile app. After downloading the desktop app, it slowed down my computer. So I opted for the web and mobile versions instead.
How do I contact Monday.com support?
Get in touch with Monday.com‘s customer service team via:
- Phone. 201-778-4567
- Email. Send a note to email@example.com.
- Message. Submit a query through its online form.
- Facebook or Twitter. Send a direct message through social media.
Compare collaboration software
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.