A trendy, fun online clothing boutique for women that celebrates all shapes, sizes and quirky
What is ModCloth?
ModCloth was started in a college dorm room in Pittsburgh by high school sweethearts Susan Gregg Koger and Eric Koger. ModCloth believes that great fashion is for every body — so you can find cute, hip styles in a range of sizes and styles. Whether you’re looking for casual tops or sophisticated cocktail wear, there’s something for everyone at this online fashion boutique.
What can I buy at ModCloth.com?
- Tops. Shop trendy tanks, tees and blouses in a variety of different styles. You’re sure to find something that suits your fancy.
- Bottoms. Skirts, rompers, jeans — oh my!
- Dresses. Find just about every dress under the sun: sundresses, maxi dresses, midi and A-lines.
- Jackets and blazers. Choose from light spring jackets, vests, blazers and more.
- Shoes. ModCloth’s shoe style is all about block heels and cute-as-a-button flats, sneakers and sandals.
- Swimwear. No matter your body type or shape, ModCloth has swimwear to flatter your figure.
- Accessories. From quirky tights to vintage-inspired jewelry, you’ll love this charming selection of accessories.
- Bridal. Find the perfect wedding dress to match your classic or vintage style, or shop elegant, fun and flirty bridesmaid dresses.
What sets ModCloth.com apart?
In addition to offering a large selection of fun, quirky styles, one of the biggest things that sets ModCloth apart from similar online boutiques is its willingness to cater to all shapes and sizes, as shown by its “extended sizes” search option.
ModCloth is worth checking out if you’re into vintage-inspired clothing and accessories. Be prepared to pay a little more you would with some other online clothing companies. The good news: If you do find something you like, it’s probably in your size.
Common questions about ModCloth
Pros and cons
- Unique vintage styles. ModCloth offers a wide selection of fun, hip styles that you just can’t find anywhere else.
- Large range of sizes. Because you’re not confined to three or four tiny sizes, you’re sure to find something that perfectly flatters you.
- Shop sales and save big. If you’re shopping on a budget, check the sale page. Lots of cute clothes are significantly marked down.
- On the pricey side. Other than the sale page, most of ModCloth’s styles are on the expensive side.
I’ve heard some mixed reviews about ModCloth. What’s the quality of the clothing and customer service?
Like many online clothing companies, ModCloth isn’t without its share of subpar reviews from third-party sites. Two of the biggest complaints are that orders can take longer than expected to arrive and a quality of the clothing that just doesn’t hold up. On the other hand, two of the most applauded aspects of this company are its unique styles that just can’t be found anywhere else and its excellent, friendly customer service.
Our recommendation? If you have concerns about the quality of the clothing or the delivery speed, call customer service at 888-495-9699 to voice your concerns before placing your order.
Shipping, payment and refunds
Shipping and delivery
|Shipping option||Delivery speeds|
|Savvy Saver — $5.99 or free for orders of $75 or more||4 to 9 business days|
|Ground — $7.99||2 to 5 business days|
|Express— $13.99||2 to 3 business days|
|ASAP — $20.99||Next business day|
|ASAP shipping option is not available for orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands.|
ModCloth accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover as well as PayPal. However, you cannot use a third-party gift card, such as an American Express gift card, as a form of payment.
ModCloth offers three return options:
- Return your item for a full refund — less a $6 shipping fee — within 30 days.
- Exchange your item for a different size, color or pattern for free.
- Return your item for store credit plus a $5 bonus within 30 days.
Popular ModCloth coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|15 Jan 2020||Up to 90% off Mod outlet||********|
|2 Feb 2019||Get free shipping on orders over $75||********|
|26 Aug 2017||40% off select styles||********|
More guides on Finder
Sites that sell secondhand clothing
From offering discounted designer brands to one-of-a-kind vintage apparel, secondhand clothing sites create the ultimate online shopping experience — and help the planet.
Top brands like Reformation
Find more green and dreamy styles.
Ponant cruises review
Luxe, yacht-like voyages to boutique ports — with a French flair.
American Eagle Outfitters review
Shop classic styles with a preppy twist, including bestselling jeans and tops.
Shopping this global marketplace can save you big bucks on millions of items.
Get an insider’s look at shopping celeb-inspired styles, season edits and more.
Forever 21 review
Shop the latest trends in a range of sizes here.
Find out what this popular online fashion brand has to offer, plus see what other people say about their experience shopping here and more.
Tobi review | Could its clothes make me feel like an Instagram baddie?
Sun-soaked styles for on and off the grid.
Are clothing subscriptions boxes worth your money?
Five services delivering a monthly fashion fix straight to your door. Hit the refresh button on your closet without ever leaving your house.
Ask an Expert