This craft store is known for a massive selection of art supplies, fabric, holiday decorations and organization solutions. Nine times out of 10, you’ll also find an unbeatable deal at Michaels.
Popular Michaels coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|22 Aug 2019||Sign up for Michaels Rewards for exclusive offers, hassle free returns and more||********|
|22 Aug 2019||Get free shipping on thousands of items today||********|
|22 Aug 2019||Get the latest on trends, deals and promotions with newsletter sign up||********|
|22 Aug 2019||Shop Michaels now for the latest deals on crafts supplies and more||********|
What can I buy at Michaels?
- Art supplies. Stock up on paints, canvases, pads, sketchbooks, drawing pencils, markers and more from industry-leading brands.
- Crafts and hobbies. Shop thread and yarn, candlemaking supplies, beads and jewelry-making tools, baking goods and more for just about any creative hobby.
- Home decor. Find an impressive selection of frames, mirrors, rugs, lighting, vases and decorative items.
- Kids and teachers’ supplies. Tap into your inner kid with robotics sets, arts-and-crafts kits, creative books, games and trending merchandise like unicorns and squishies.
- Party supplies. Everything to plan the perfect party is here by color, occasion or theme.
- Wedding. Fall head over heels with affordable and on-trend decorations, invitations, florals, favors and more for your big day.
- Storage and organization. Keep your arts-and-crafts supplies where they belong using inventive storage solutions.
- Seasonal merchandise. Shelves are stocked with crafts, projects and decor items for just about every holiday.
- Classes and events. Book a fun arts-and-craft class with your kids, friends or family. Themes vary by season and location.
How do I use my coupon code?
Why is my code not working?
Your promo code might be expired, case-sensitive or not available for the items you’ve selected. Contact Michaels customer support directly for help.
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes. Select at least one item marked eligible for free shipping, and your entire order ships ground for free.
Or order online and pick up your items at your local store for free.
Your shipping costs depend on whether your cart is eligible for free shipping, how much you spend and how quickly you want your order to arrive.
|Order total||Standard ground (5–7 business days)||Second day (2 business days)||Overnight (1 business day)|
|Up to $14.99||$6.95||$17.95||$24.95|
|$500 or more||$17.95||$199.95||$399.95|
How can I track my order?
Look for an email from Michaels that includes your tracking information after your order ships. You can also log in to your account online or enter your order number, last name and billing ZIP code to track the progress of your order.
Pay for your order on Michaels’ secure website using all major credit cards or PayPal.
The website and checkout page are secured by Entrust, and all information is encrypted and transmitted via SSL protocol.
What is Michaels’ return policy?
You can return most items for a refund within 180 days of purchase, as long as they’re in new, unused condition, in their original packaging and not samples.
Michaels advertises a few exceptions to this policy:
- Cricut products can only be returned if the packaging is unopened and a receipt is provided. Items damaged or considered defective during the manufacturer’s warranty period must be returned directly to the manufacturer.
- Gift cards and prepaid cards are not returnable or exchangeable.
- Custom framing orders may be reworked at the same store location within 14 days of pickup.
- Classes are refundable up to the start date of class and in store only.
Can I exchange for a different color or size?
No. You’ll have to return the previously purchased item by mail or to a store and then buy the new one.
Are Michaels returns free?
Yes. You’re provided a free prepaid return shipping label to use when returning your items.
How do I return items to Michaels?
Take your items to a Michaels store or return them by mail after calling customer service:
- Call customer service at 800-642-4235 (800-MICHAELS).
- Wait for your emailed return shipping label.
- Print the return label and attach it to the outside of your package.
- Drop off the package at your nearest UPS location.
Michaels returns address
The correct returns address for your items is printed on the prepaid shipping label customer service emails you. Attach it to the outside of the box before mailing to ensure your package is delivered correctly.
When’s the next sale?
Michaels is known for its generous seasonal sales and promotions. Deals can include free shipping promotions, dollar amounts off your order total and deep discounts on specific items.
Other ways to shave savings off your Michaels order:
- Buy in bulk to save up to 50%.
- Use the Michaels shopping app for exclusive discounts.
- Earn member-only offers through Michaels Rewards.
- Take advantage of Michaels’ price-match policy.
- Use a teacher, military or senior discount.
What sets this brand apart?
A leading retailer in crafts-and-arts supplies, Michaels understands the importance of giving back to the community and fostering creativity — especially among kids and young adults.
As such, it partners with both the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and Boys & Girls Clubs of Canada to provide supplies, creative learning spaces and passionate volunteers to aid in their worthy missions.
What do people say about this brand?
Many longtime customers say they love the large selection found at Michaels, not to mention the opportunities for deals and savings throughout the year. Countless online reviews say that shopping online nearly always lands customers a deep discount.
Quite a few negative reviews relate to customer service issues in specific store locations across the US.
What is Michaels’ history?
Michael J. Dupey opened the first Michaels store in Dallas, Texas, in 1973. Within a decade, the crafts and DIY company was bringing in $10 million in annual revenue.
In 2006, the retailer was purchased by private companies Bain Capital and the Blackstone Group for $6 billion. Since then, Michaels has acquired a variety of similar companies, including Lamrite West, Hancock Fabrics and Pat Catan.
Today, Michaels is the largest arts-and-craft supply store in the country based on store count, raking in a whopping $5.4 billion annually.
How can I contact customer support?
To contact Michaels customer service:
- Call 800-642-4235 (800-MICHAELS).
- Complete a secure online contact form.
- Chat live with a representative online.
What about social media?
Find Michaels on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest. Its YouTube channel has tons of helpful how-to videos, like how to make a traditional winter wreath and DIY organization projects with Martha Stewart.
Head to its Facebook and Twitter pages to stay in the know on the latest deals, discounts and sales. And get loads of design and decor inspo by browsing the retailer’s many Pinterest boards.
Why should I shop at Michaels?
- Huge selection. Find everything from sewing kits and yarn to wedding invitations and custom frames.
- Free returns. Return eligible items for free within 180 days.
- Teacher, military and senior discounts. Select customers can save from 10% to 15% each time they shop.
- Pricey express shipping. If you need your order in a jiffy, expect to pay top dollar for two-day or overnight delivery.
Craft experts and novices alike can find everything they need to complete their projects here — and usually at a deeply discounted price. Double-check the items in your cart to see if you’re eligible for free shipping to save even more.