MetLife renters insurance review
Standard renters coverage with subpar customer service.
- Get a quote if you hold other MetLife insurance policies.
- Pick something else if you want top-tier customer service.
- Many renters can apply.
All 50 states
- Bonus coverage included
- 24/7 phone claims
- Simple discounts
- Offers many products for easy bundling
- No online quotes
- Basic coverage
- $100 deductible and low limits on valuables
- Poor customer satisfaction
|New home discount discount||No|
|New homeowner discount||No|
|Home safety features discount||Yes|
|New policy discount||No|
|No claims discount||Yes|
|Other discounts||Employer or member affiliation|
|Personal property coverage||Yes|
|Valuable personal property||Yes|
|Identity theft coverage||Yes|
Sarah George is an insurance writer at Finder who’s penned over 400 articles, unraveling complicated topics about car, home and life insurance. Her insurance know-how has been featured in online publications, including Breeze, CBS, CNET and Reviews.com, as well as Finder’s YouTube channel. Sarah is working to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).
MetLife dips its toes in renters insurance with just enough coverage to protect the most important areas of your home. Plus, you can add a little extra protection for valuables, although the coverage limits wouldn’t cover top-dollar collectibles, musical or sports equipment.
But reviews do pose questions with multiple low ratings, suggesting the company could work on its customer service. Unless steep discounts stop you in your search, you can probably find better renters insurance somewhere else.
What renters insurance coverage does MetLife offer?
MetLife keeps your renter life simple with these standard coverage options:
- Personal liability
- Personal belongings
- Valuables up to $15,000 — includes coverage for losing or breaking expensive belongings
- Replacement cost for belongings
- Loss of use
- Identity protection services included
What renters insurance discounts can I get?
Not all renters policies offer discounts. You can enjoy savings for these reasons with MetLife:
- Protective devices
- Employer or member affiliation
Pros and cons of MetLife renters insurance
- Some bonus coverage. You receive identity protection included with most policies and coverage for lost or broken items with your valuables package.
- Several simple discounts. Unravel savings by keeping a claims-free history, buying several policies or going through your employer.
- 24/7 phone claims. Report damage through MetLife’s claims service around the clock.
- Bundling opportunities. This company offers many insurance products including health, life and car insurance to help you save.
- No online quotes. You have to contact a representative to see how much a MetLife renters policy costs.
- Basic coverage. The company doesn’t include many standout offerings for customers who need more than the basics, at least not listed on its website.
- Deductible on valuables. While you can purchase extra coverage for your valuables, each package comes with a separate $100 deductible. Competitors may not include a deductible at all.
- Poor customer satisfaction. The company holds a 1.7 Trustpilot rating and composite 1 out of 5 stars with Better Business Bureau customer reviews as of December 2019. Customers complain about denied coverage, steep rate increases, slow response times and subpar online services.
How to apply for MetLife renters insurance
Explore a renters policy with this company over the phone or through email, using this information:
- Phone. Speak with a representative at 888-926-6126.
- Contact form. Click to request a quote from the renters insurance page and complete the contact form.
- Local agent. Enter your ZIP code in the agent locator tool and contact the agent nearest you.
What info do I need to apply for renters insurance with MetLife?
Make getting the best coverage for you even easier by keeping some basic information on hand:
- Phone number
- Preferred time of day to contact
- Coverage needed
- Previous claims details
- Details about other residents or pets
- Payment information