With an array of policies and coverage options, you’re almost certain to find a policy that meets your unique needs.
Finding the right car insurance can be difficult. Every company claims to be the best option, but for most drivers, there’s no perfect insurance policy — especially at a monthly rate you can live with.
As one of the country’s largest insurance providers, MetLife offers an array of coverage options, giving you a better chance of finding what you need. But their robust range of coverage might not make up for lackluster customer service and a slightly higher monthly cost.
|Name||MetLife Car Insurance|
|Description||With an array of car insurance policies and coverage options, you’re almost certain to find a policy that meets your unique needs.|
- Comprehensive and collision options
- Lots of discounts
- Roadside assistance reimbursement
- Low customer satisfaction rating
What is MetLife?
MetLife is an insurance and annuity services provider founded in 1868 and is among the nation’s largest providers of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, currently serving 90 of the largest Fortune 500 companies. In 2016, the company launched Brighthouse Financial, a separate branch dealing with US business that would handle life insurance and annuity services.
About the MetLife buildingThe company has leased much of its space in the famous MetLife building on Park Avenue in New York City, but still retains some offices there. In 2011, the company purchased naming rights to the MetLife football stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, where the New York Giants and New York Jets play their home games.
What types of basic car insurance does MetLife offer?
- Liability protection. Pays for instances where you’re at fault in an accident that results in property damage or bodily harm.
- Collision and comprehensive damage. Covers damage caused to your car if you hit another car or object. Also pays for damage from fire, flooding, hail, theft, or vandalism.
- Personal injury protection. Covers the cost of doctors, hospitalization or even funerals if you or a passenger is injured or killed, no matter who is at fault in the accident.
- Uninsured motorists coverage. Pays for costs of damage or injury from a hit-and-run accident or an incident where the other driver is uninsured. This covers you and your passengers for medical expenses, lost wages and other injury-related losses.
- Underinsured motorists coverage. This covers the gap between someone else’s policy limits and the actual cost of your medical expenses after an accident.
What do customers say about MetLife?
MetLife has lots of negative customer complaints, mostly about refusing to pay claims, rate increases and canceling policies without notice.
This isn’t uncommon among insurance providers, especially considering most people only leave reviews if they had bad experiences. But if customer service is your top priority, you might want to consider other companies.
Pros and cons
- Comprehensive and collision options. If you need collision coverage or a comprehensive insurance policy, MetLife has options for you.
- Lots of discounts. MetLife offers discounts for good drivers, defensive driving classes, bundling home/auto/life insurance, and deductible savings benefits for every year you drive claim-free.
- Roadside assistance reimbursement. You can be reimbursed for towing or other roadside assistance through certain MetLife plans.
- Low customer satisfaction rating. Customer reviews and complaints across various websites put Metlife below average for an insurance provider of its size.
What other types of coverage does MetLife offer?
MetLife offers a range of auto, home and life insurance policies, as well as employee benefits services for companies large and small. You can visit MetLife’s website to view all the services and types of insurance they offer.
MetLife offers an array of policies and coverage options, meaning you could potentially find an auto insurance policy that meets your unique needs. But if you’re looking for top-tier customer service, you might find your best fit with another provider.
Insurance rates and levels of coverage vary based on many factors. Compare car insurance options to get the information you need to make an informed decision.