Mercury home insurance review
Get sturdy home coverage served by thousands of local agents.
- Get a quote if you need wide home protection.
- Pick something else if you love extra benefits or highly rated customer service.
- Homeowners in 11 states can apply.
AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, NV, NJ, NY, OK, TX, VA
- Strong home coverage
- Local service
- Excellent finances
- Well-constructed website info
- Only serves 11 states
- Not many customer reviews
|New home discount discount||Yes|
|New homeowner discount||Yes|
|Home safety features discount||Yes|
|New policy discount||No|
|No claims discount||No|
|Personal property coverage||Yes|
|Valuable personal property||Yes|
|Identity theft coverage||Yes|
What home insurance coverage does Mercury offer?
Mercury provides the necessities for keeping your home safe. Its coverage includes:
- Additional living expenses
- Guest medical
- Identity theft protection
- Personal liability
- Personal property
What add-ons can I get with Mercury?
The company provides several add-ons with useful features, like professional identity theft help or packaged protection for multiple home appliances.
- Extended replacement cost. Home replacement coverage up to 150% of your dwelling coverage limits. That’s higher than any other home insurer and helps you keep premiums down while increasing coverage in a total loss.
- Home systems protection. Keep expensive appliances protected, no matter how old they are. Plus, get 50% more coverage to replace them with more efficient or environmentally friendly systems. Appliances covered include electrical, kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and cooling, water heaters and filters, home security, power tools and home entertainment.
- Service lines. Maintain the water, sewer and power lines on your property. Includes a $500 deductible separate from your home policy.
- Home cyber. Recover data, computer systems and financial losses from online fraud. Comes with a $500 deductible per incident.
- Identity management services. Work with professionals from CyberScout to restore your identity and get fraud alerts, plus get reimbursed for related expenses.
What home insurance discounts can I get with Mercury?
Mercury offers simple ways to save on your premium.
- Auto and home bundle
- New home
- Protective devices, such as deadbolts, fire or theft alarms
- Fire-resistant construction materials
- Gated community
Pros and cons of Mercury home insurance
- Strong coverage. Get all the standard coverage you’d find with other policies, plus extensive protection for home replacement and appliances.
- Local service. Answer coverage questions with one of Mercury’s 8,000 local agents.
- Excellent finances. The company has an A financial rating with AM Best to back up its claims.
- Well-constructed website info. The homeowners section frontloads plenty of coverage information so you can make an informed decision without having to call an agent.
- Limited number of states. Mercury serves only 11 states including Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia.
- Few customer reviews. Customers share their disappointment with the Better Business Bureau because of denied claims and unexpected billing charges. But having so few reviews might not give a holistic look at customer experience.
What info do I need to apply for home insurance?
Keep some information close by for a smooth application process:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Home address
- Home’s age and safety features
- Type of construction
- Estimated replacement cost
- Coverage and add-ons
- Payment details
How to apply for Mercury home insurance
Start your home policy as soon as you talk with a local agent or insurance representative.
- Phone. Reach a customer service representative at 866-581-6278.
- Local agent. Enter your ZIP code in the Find an agent search box and contact the agency of your choice.
Alternatives to Mercury
Mercury offers solid protection against damage to your home, service lines and expensive appliances. However, its narrow service area combined with low customer reviews may leave the company standing at the industry standard. To get wide protection and top service, it’s worth comparing quotes from several home insurers.