Wherever the road takes you, you need car insurance. Mercury car insurance protect you when you need it most.
What is Mercury auto insurance?
Founded in 1961 under the guiding principles of service and security, Mercury has grown to offer a wide range of auto, home, renter and commercial insurance. It prides itself on providing complete coverage for an affordable price with a focus on stellar customer service.
Mercury Insurance is available in 11 states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia.
Pros and cons
- Highly rated. A.M. Best rates Mercury an A. With more than $4 billion in written premiums, Mercury can protect you and your assets.
- Multiple discounts. Get lower rates for a good driving record, good grades and anti-theft devices, among other categories.
- Bad driving history OK. Although rates may be a bit higher, Mercury accepts riskier drivers that other insurance companies might not take on. If you’ve had a hard time getting insurance, it could be a good fit.
- Poor customer service. Customers often complain that independent agents lack follow-through when it comes to car accidents and even general account questions.
- Potentially high rates. While cheaper than many other insurers, Mercury can be expensive — especially if you have a history of accidents.
Companies similar to Mercury
What car insurance does Mercury offer?
- Liability. Protects your legal liability if you injure someone or damage someone else’s property in an accident.
- Collision. This covers damages to your car caused by an automobile accident.
- Medical payments. If you or a passenger is injured in a car accident, get help with medical bills — regardless of who’s at fault.
- Personal injury protection. Helps pay for medical and rehabilitation expenses, work loss, funeral costs and even replacement services.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists. When the driver at fault for your accident doesn’t have insurance — or enough of it — to cover your medical bills and damages, this coverage kicks in.
Does Mercury offer other types of insurance?
Mercury offers home, condo, renters, business, business auto and umbrella insurance, as well as mechanical breakdown protection for your insurance needs.
Mercury Insurance has something for everyone — even if you’ve had prior accidents. Keep an eye out for spotty customer service, and don’t forget to compare your options before choosing your coverage plan.