Transparent pricing and business management add-ons set this provider apart.
Finsync is a cloud-based cash flow management platform that helps businesses send and receive payments. While its accounting and management offerings are comprehensive, it now also offers the Clover hardware suite — turning in-person processing into a reality for this already impressive provider.
- Choose this provider if you’re a small to medium business that sells online or in person.
- Consider something else if you’re not a fan of Clover hardware or require more robust accounting support.
- Get a $100 Amazon gift card when you sign up and accept your first card payment or pay a vendor through Finsync.
|Products||Payment processing, Payroll, Accounting, Project management, Financing|
|Monthly fees start at||$10/month + 2% per card transaction for low-risk merchants|
|Processing time||2 business days if submitted before 3:00 p.m.|
|High-risk merchants accepted?||Yes|
Finsync's response to the COVID-19 outbreak
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, Finsync is waiving all software fees for businesses who are struggling financially. New businesses can request to have fees waived by writing a message in the promo code section when signing up with Finsync. Existing customers can have fees waived by contacting support.
The offer applies to software costs only, and doesn't include transaction fees for payments, services or payroll processing.
What is Finsync?
Finsync was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. It offers three service tiers, scaling from a single inbox for sending and receiving payments to its cash flow management plan, complete with automated accounting, payroll and payment processing.
Finsync caters to solo entrepreneurs and small- to medium-sized businesses looking to streamline payment processing and accounting under one roof. Alongside its processing capabilities, it offers a collection of unique management features that include payment lockboxes, business trend analytics and access to a business lending network.
What services does Finsync offer?
Finsync distinguishes itself with a collection of helpful services and features:
Finsync’s payment platform allows you to receive payments in-person using Clover hardware or electronically through its payment inbox system:
- In person. With access to Clover’s full suite of hardware, you can accept swiped, dipped and tapped card payments in person.
- Sending. Send ACH, debit or credit card payments using your email address. If your payee doesn't accept electronic payments, Finsync sends them a check on your behalf.
- Receiving. Set up automatic payment reminders, request payments and receive funds directly into an externally linked account.
- Invoicing. Send invoices, set payment alerts and invoice schedules, enable auto payments and more.
- Virtual terminal. The virtual terminal allows you to manually enter and process card payments from your Payments dashboard.
- Bill pay. Organize incoming bills in one place, set reminders and pay vendors electronically or by check with outgoing payments that are updated to your accounting software in real-time.
- Security. Finsync payment processing is protected with encrypted login credentials, VPN services and a dedicated firewall.
Finsync advertises automated accounting software that helps you process payroll, monitor cash flow and analyze trends to stay on top of profits and expenses.
Accounting features include a complete general ledger that supports cash and accrual accounting and customized account charts that can be organized by associate, department, product and location.
From paying your employees to managing your taxes, Finsync’s payroll software offers a range of practical features:
- Automatically calculated payroll taxes
- Integrated direct deposit
- Pay-as-you-go workers' comp
- Employee and contractor time-tracking
One of Finsync’s niche offerings is its business financing platform. With it, you can access Finsync’s lending network of banks, credit unions and specialty lenders offering a number of business financing options.
This feature allows you to analyze your options based on cash flow and apply for a business loan — all from your Finsync account.
Finsync’s project management tool offers the tools required to track and manage ongoing projects:
- Track time and expenses
- Add team members
- Manage timesheets
- Pay expenses
- Build estimates
- Analyze profitability reports
Get advice from a professional
If you need guidance above and beyond Finsync’s platform offerings, it can connect you with a variety of business professionals.
Its partner network includes professional accountants, bookkeepers, consultants and executives offering support in the following fields:
- Payroll management
- Tax preparation
- Financial reporting
- Cost and price analysis
- Investor reporting
- Human resources
- Employee benefits
- Team recruiting
- Risk management
- Raising capital
Fill out a service request form from your Finsync account and you'll be matched with the financial professional that best meets the needs of your growing business.
Pricing and fees
Finsync’s rate and fee transparency helps potential customers know what’s available and at what cost.
One application for business financing through Finsync’s platform.
A secure inbox for sending and receiving payments.
$10 monthly + processing fees
A payroll dashboard with payment processing, timesheets and tax support.
$40 monthly + processing fees
Cash flow management
Combined payment processing, automated accounting, invoicing, bill pay and cash flow management. Payroll and Projects add-ons optional.
$45 monthly + processing fees
Add payroll for $30 monthly
Payment processing fees
Payment processing fees are as follows:
- Card-not-present transactions 2.9% + $0.30
- ACH payment $0.50
- Paper check $1
- Lockbox transaction $1
- Employee payroll run $4 per employee
For merchants who process a majority of their business in person, Finsync can offer processing fees as low as 2% for low-risk merchants. Contact a Finsync rep to find out what rates your business is eligible for.
Pros and cons
- Free trial. Try Finsync’s services and features for free on a seven-day trial with no credit card information required.
- Practical features. Besides its payment processing capabilities, Finsync offers a slew of helpful accounting and management features to help you run your business.
- Transparent pricing. Finsync offers rates and fees up front so you know what to expect before you apply.
- No cancellation fee. Services are offered month-to-month with no cancellation fee for leaving.
- No mobile app. Despite its impressive software offerings, managing your account on the go could be problematic in the absence of a mobile app.
Finsync reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, Finsync receives an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and its 37 Google reviewers award it 4.6 out of 5 stars.
While feedback on Finsync is sparse, reviews indicate the products are intuitive and well-designed with customer support that’s responsive and courteous. In our research, we unearthed only one negative review from a customer disappointed with a three-day delay on a time-sensitive invoice.
What I thought of Finsync’s customer service
I called Finsync to ask about potential cancellation fees. I had to scroll to the bottom of Finsync’s home page before I spotted its customer service phone number: tucked away in the bottom right corner of the page.
The first time I called, no one picked up. Instead, I was redirected to a voicemail inbox for a Finsync sales rep. I decided to try again the next day and was able to connect to a rep. Here’s how the call went:
- Did I get an answer? Yes, the rep said Finsync doesn’t charge cancellation fees.
- How long did it take? The call lasted 1 minute and 4 seconds.
- Was there an automated system? Yes — press 5 for sales. It took me 31 seconds to get a rep on the line.
How do I open an account with Finsync?
Signing up with Finsync starts with a free trial. After seven days, you're asked to enter your payment information if you wish to continue the service.
- Go to Finsync’s website and click Get Started.
- Enter your full name, business name, phone number, ZIP code and email address.
- Click Start Free Trial.
How do I contact Finsync support?
You can touch base with Finsync in a number of ways:
- Phone. Call 800-699-6484 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., EST.
- Email. Send an email to the support team by filling out a secure online form on Finsync’s website.
- Live chat. Live chat agents are available on Finsync’s website weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., EST.
While researching this article, we reached out to a representative on the live chat feature to find out how long payroll takes to process. While that representative didn't have the answer, someone called us back on the phone with more information later that day.
Compare payment processors
Finsync’s payment processing is backed by Clover point-of-sale hardware and solid lineup of handy project management tools. It’s well-reviewed by customers, offers a transparent pricing model and allows for a no-commitment seven-day free trial.
The drawbacks? It lacks a mobile app, limiting your on-the-go account management options.
Before you sign up, compare other merchant service providers to ensure you find the right fit for your business.
Frequently asked questions
How do I cancel my Finsync service?
You can cancel with Finsync at any time by logging into your Finsync account.
Will applying for a loan through Finsync affect my credit?
No, Finsync states on its website that applying for a business loan won’t affect your credit and there’s no fee for applying. But your credit may be affected if you decide to take out the loan after being approved.
Are there any penalties for paying off my loan early?
No, there are no prepayment fees.