Mercedes-Benz Financial Services auto loans review
Recent college grads, service members and loyal customers might qualify for special discounts.
- Best for well-qualified buyers looking for low rates on luxury new and used cars.
- Pick something else if you’re a first responder looking for discounts.
Starting at 1.99%
Pros and cons
- Discounts available for college grads, military members and loyal customers
- Preowned vehicles may qualify for special offers and financing
- Convenient mobile app to manage your loan or lease
- May be charged a fee to change repayment due date
- Payment estimator doesn’t include potential fees
- No discounts for first responders
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services special discounts
- Military: Yes
- College grad: Yes
- Repeat customers: Yes
- First responders: No
- Accessibility equipment: Yes
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||1 out of 5 stars, based on 5 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||109 customer complaints|
|App Store Score||2.5 out of 5 stars, based on 150 customer reviews|
|Google Play Score||4 out of 5 stars, based on 204 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||15 October 2020|
There’s no Trustpilot profile for Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS). Its Better Business Bureau profile has little in the way of reviews, but it does have just over 100 complaints as of October 2020.
How to apply
Applying for financing through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services only requires a few basic pieces of information. Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services website and click Credit Application in the main menu.
- Select if you’re applying as an individual or a business, then if you’re applying with a coapplicant.
- Select the year, class and model of your desired vehicle.
- Select the type of financing you want — lease, loan or balloon loan — then enter your down payment, desired term and the value of your trade-in, if applicable.
- Select an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership in your area.
- Enter information about yourself, your residence and your employment status — including your Social Security number and monthly income.
- Read over any relevant state disclosures, then review and submit your application.
Mercedes-Benz will review your application and notify you of your preapproval status within one to two business days. After you print your preapproval offer, contact your Mercedes-Benz dealership to go over your options. Bring a form of payment, your driver’s license and proof of insurance with you to finalize your purchase.
How do repayments work?
Mercedes-Benz Financial Services offers four payment methods:
- Through the MBFS website
- Through the MBFS mobile app
- By phone
- By mail
If you choose to pay online or through the mobile app, you can set up automatic payments so it’s one less thing you have to worry about. Mercedes-Benz doesn’t mention any late fees on its website, so reach out to your local Mercedes-Benz dealership for more details on potential costs.