Cover the basics, plus add on coverage for maintenance and repairs.
- Get a quote if you need coverage for maintenance and servicing your bike.
- Pick something else if you need online customer support.
- Many riders can apply for motorcycle insurance from McGraw.
|States served||Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, Texas|
|Claims methods||email, phone|
|Accident forgiveness||Not specified|
- Coverage variety and unique add-ons
- Easy-to-achieve discounts
- Maintenance service plans
- 24/7 claims
- Established, stable company
- Coverage availability
- No online claims
What motorcycle insurance coverage does McGraw offer?
McGraw starts you off with the standard insurance coverage you need to protect your ride:
- Liability. Covers vehicle damage and bodily injuries in an accident where you’re at-fault. Choose coverage maximums up to $250,000 per person or $500,000 per accident
- Collision. Coverage for damage to your motorcycle, even when you’re the one at fault. Choose a coverage limit up to $45,000.
- Comprehensive. Protects you from out-of-the-ordinary accidents like theft, vandalism, storms or falling tree branches. Coverage as high as $45,000.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist. Pays for damage when the other at-fault driver doesn’t have enough coverage after an accident.
- Personal injury protection. Protect yourself from expensive medical bills and income loss related to accident injuries.
What extra benefits and add-ons does McGraw offer?
McGraw offers coverage that pays for recommended maintenance on your bike. That means your oil changes and tune-ups are included with your monthly insurance payments, making it easy to budget for bike expenses. Other add-ons include:
- Accessories. Up to $2,000 of accessories coverage, including coverage for aftermarket parts, riding apparel and safety gear. Included with collision and comprehensive coverage.
- Roadside assistance. Choose from two levels of coverage that in services that include towing and fluid delivery.
- Gap insurance. Bridges the gap between your motorcycle loan and the amount you received from a total loss claim after an accident or theft.
- Priority maintenance. Covers factory-recommended maintenance every 18 or 36 months. This coverage applies whether your bike is new or used.
- Tire and wheel protection. Pays for tire replacements or wheel repairs that result from glass, potholes, nails or debris. The Plus Plan includes towing reimbursement too.
- Service coverage. Coverage for mechanical service needs, including servicing your bike’s engine, transmission, drivetrain and brakes. Also includes coverage for rental cars, towing and tires and wheels.
- Transport trailer. Get protection for the trailer you use to transport your bike around. Choose a coverage maximum up to $10,000.
What discounts can I get with McGraw?
McGraw offers a full suite of discounts you might be eligible for:
- Safety course. Complete an approved motorcycle safety course.
- Antitheft devices. Install a device to track and prevent theft of your bike.
- Military. Get rewarded for your military service.
- Policy transfer. Switch policies from another provider to McGraw.
- Rider association. Become a member of one of McGraw’s recognized rider associations.
- Antilock brakes. Install this safety feature on your motorcycle for additional savings.
- Multipolicy. Fulfill multiple insurance needs with McGraw.
- Multicycle. Insure more than one motorcycle with this company.
- Homeowner. Show that you own your home to receive this discount.
- First responders. Let McGraw say thank you for your service as emergency personnel.
- Safe drivers. Have you been accident free for a while? Get rewarded for safe driving.
- Garage storage. Store your motorcycle in a garage to prevent theft.
Pros and cons of McGraw motorcycle insurance
- Coverage variety. McGraw offers a variety of coverage options, including unique add-ons not offered by competitors.
- Easy-to-achieve discounts. You may qualify for one of this company’s many achievable discounts.
- Mechanical service plans. McGraw provides warranties for your motorcycle’s mechanical needs.
- 24/7 claims. Call the company at any time to report an accident, even if it’s in the middle of the night.
- Established, stable company. McGraw has provided motorcycle insurance for nearly 40 years, making it an established company in the industry. Its partner company, Pacific Specialty Insurance Company, also boasts an A- financial rating with AM Best.
- Coverage availability. Motorcycle coverage is not available in every state.
- No online claims. McGraw doesn’t provide online claims for those who prefer this convenient method. However, it does offer 24/7 phone claims.
How to apply for McGraw motorcycle insurance
To apply for McGraw motorcycle insurance, you can start a quote online, by phone or by email.
Online. Follow these steps to apply online:
- Go to McGraw’s motorcycle insurance homepage.
- Select your vehicle type and your state. Then, click Get a quote.
- Enter personal details, then fill in information about the motorcycle, your policy needs and riders.
- Select discounts you may qualify for.
- Choose coverage, confirm your information and click Get a quote.
What info do I need to apply for McGraw motorcycle insurance?
Get through the application process quickly and smoothly with this information on hand:
- Personal information like home address, phone number, date of birth
- Driver’s or motorcycle license number
- Motorcycle’s make, model and license plate number
- Driving record of all listed drivers
- Choice of coverage and policy start date
- Payment information
Phone. Talk to a representative to apply or ask policy questions by calling 844-725-1615.
Email. Shorten the application process by entering your personal information and motorcycle details in a contact form. A representative will get back to you quickly with an emailed quote.
Contact form. Prefer for a representative to contact you? Fill out your name and phone number in the Call You contact form, and a rep will call you back.
How to make a claim with McGraw
Report an accident with McGraw 24/7, either by phone or email:
- Phone. Simply call 800-543-5225 to speak with a representative.
- Email. To report your claim by email, send your accident information to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask claims questions at email@example.com.
Alternatives to McGraw
McGraw provides ample coverage, including unique add-ons not available with many competitors. Those include maintenance and mechanical service plans for your bike. However, the company doesn’t offer motorcycle insurance in every state or a convenient, online claims process.
Compare motorcycle insurance providers to find the right fit for you.