Max Cash Title Loans could help you when you need money the most.
If you own a car, you could borrow against its title without actually giving up your car. Title loans are a way to get fast cash by putting your car’s title up as collateral in exchange for $100 to $10,000, typically.
With a quick online application, Max Cash could help connect you with a lender, finding you options in minutes.
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Requirements||Must be a US citizen or permanent resident, 18 or older with a regular source of income.|
- Age 18+ or age of majority in your state
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Regular source of income (including unemployment benefits)
How does Max Cash work?
If you’re looking for a short-term loan to get you back on track, auto title loans are an option for car owners — without actually giving up your car. Max Cash is a lender-connection service that can connect you with a variety of title loan lenders.
Submit your info through the Max Cash website, and Max Cash will determine how much money you could qualify for — usually between 50% and 90% of what your car is worth. This amount is typically estimated based on “auction value,” or how much your car would sell for right now in an auction. Max Cash then passes your information on to lenders who can to lend you money in exchange for the title of your car.
States not servicedMax Cash Title Loans doesn’t service the following states: Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Washington or Wyoming. If you live in one of these states, you’ll have to look elsewhere for a loan.
What makes Max Cash unique?
Max Cash Title Loans has helped over 350,000 people in the US find a title loan. It works with many different lenders so that even people with poor credit could get the loan they need.
It has a very detailed, transparent website that outlines everything you need to know about title loans, like whether you need a bank account — it depends on the state — to warning people of the high interest rates associated with title loans. While interest rates vary by company and state, Max Cash explains that you can expect to pay on average about 96% APR per year compounded daily. Max Cash’s website is full of helpful information to help you get the answers you’re looking for before jumping into a title loan.
- Wondering if you can get a title loan on a motorcycle? You can in Los Angeles and some parts of Texas and Florida.
- Have two cars and wondering if you can get one loan based on both? You can’t. One loan, one car, one person.
Max Cash’s website states that it’ll never sell or distribute any information you provide to anyone other than the direct lender and that it’ll not do business with a lender that sells or shares your information with third-party companies. This is a big claim that not many lender-connection services make.
What are the benefits of using Max Cash?
- Extensive list of car comparisons. Max Cash uses Kelley Blue Book and Black Book to determine how much your car is worth. Check out its page of similar makes and models to see how much you can get for your car.
- Helpful website. Max Cash details the process of applying for title loans, calculating interest and provides a sample contract. Familiarize yourself with its info and our page on auto title loans to know exactly how these loans work.
- Services nearly every state. Unless a state has prohibited auto title loans, Max Cash is likely to have a location in your state to discuss your loan options in person and have your car evaluated.
What should I watch out for?
- Title loans are costly. No matter your lender, these loans are expensive. Be sure you consider the total cost of the loan — principal and interest — before applying.
- Risk losing your car. If you default on your loan, you could face repossession of your car. This is a reason title loans are illegal in some states.
- Not a direct lender. Max Cash isn’t a lender. It works like a payday loan broker, working to connect you with a lender that meets your needs.
A selection of short-term loans
A selection of lender-connection services
What does the Internet say about Max Cash?
While Max Cash Title Loans is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it did receive an A rating. There aren’t any reviews for the company on BBB nor were there any reviews on Trustpilot.
The testimonials on the site claim that customer services was prompt and attentive. Keep in mind testimonials on a provider’s website are usually all positive.
Be sure to check the BBB and Trustpilot ratings of the lender you’re ultimately connected with to make sure it’s legitimate.
Am I eligible?
Because Max Cash works with a variety of lenders, the application criteria varies. But for most auto title loans, you could be considered even with a bankruptcy or if you’re unemployed.
Basic criteria requires that:
- You’re at least 18 years old, or of legal age in your state.
- You have a regular source of income, including unemployment benefits.
- You’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
How do I submit my info?
Before you start, make sure you have the following documents:
- A government-issued ID
- A free and clean car title
- A Social Security card or document containing both your name and SSN
- A valid checking account
- Three references from non-relatives
- Car insurance (some states require proof of this for a title loan, but not all)
- Pictures of your car (all four sides including the VIN and odometer)
If you prefer to speak with a representative, you can call 833-200-0652 to start the process.
Submitting your information online takes a few minutes. Locate the small application on the right side of the page and enter your information. Once you’ve submitted your info, a representative from Max Cash will contact you to finish processing your application.
I got a referral. Now what?
You’ll be redirected to a lender that’ll help you take out an auto title loan. Be sure you have a budget in place to pay for your loan and the high interest it’ll accrue.
It’s important to read the fine print listed on your loan contract. While car title loans can be a good way to afford emergency expenses, they are a costly form of credit.
When you’re struggling to make ends meet, there are lots of short-term loan options out there. Max Cash can be a quick way to get the cash you need — especially if you have poor credit.