Max Cash Title Loans review
- Max. Amount
- Turnaround time
- Same business day to 1 business days
finder.com's rating: 3.1 / 5.0
With a quick online application, Max Cash could help connect you with a lender, finding you options in minutes.
No bank account required
No prepayment penalty
Bad credit OK
|Max Cash Title Loans
|Varies by lender
|Same business day to 1 business days
|APRs can range from 29%–300%. The average is about 87%–97% APR.
|Must be a US citizen or permanent resident, 18 or older with a regular source of income.
How does Max Cash work?
If you’re looking for a short-term loan to get you back on track, auto title loans are an option for car owners — without actually giving up your car. Max Cash is a lender-connection service that can connect you with a variety of title loan lenders.
Submit your info through the Max Cash website, and Max Cash will determine how much money you could qualify for — usually between 50% and 90% of what your car is worth. This amount is typically estimated based on “auction value,” or how much your car would sell for right now in an auction. Max Cash then passes your information on to lenders who can to lend you money in exchange for the title of your car.
What states is Max Cash Title Loans available in?
Max Cash Title Loans works with residents of all states except New York.
If you live in New York, you’ll have to look elsewhere for a loan.
How much does it cost?
The costs vary depending on your car, state of residence and other eligibility factors. APRs can range from 29%–300%. The average is about 87%–97% APR.
What makes Max Cash unique?
Max Cash Title Loans has helped over 350,000 people in the US find a title loan. It works with many different lenders so that even people with poor credit could get the loan they need.
It has a very detailed, transparent website that outlines everything you need to know about title loans, like whether you need a bank account — it depends on the state — to warning people of the high interest rates associated with title loans. While interest rates vary by company and state, Max Cash explains that you can expect to pay on average about 96% APR per year compounded daily. Max Cash’s website is full of helpful information to help you get the answers you’re looking for before jumping into a title loan.
- Wondering if you can get a title loan on a motorcycle? You can in Los Angeles and some parts of Texas and Florida.
- Have two cars and wondering if you can get one loan based on both? You can’t. One loan, one car, one person.
Max Cash’s website states that it’ll never sell or distribute any information you provide to anyone other than the direct lender and that it’ll not do business with a lender that sells or shares your information with third-party companies. This is a big claim that not many lender-connection services make.
What are the benefits of using Max Cash?
- No bank account requirement. You could get an auto title loan through Max Cash without having a bank account, in most states. However, in Florida, you must have a bank account to qualify.
- Extensive list of car comparisons. Max Cash uses Kelley Blue Book and Black Book to determine how much your car is worth. Check out its page of similar makes and models to see how much you can get for your car.
- Helpful website. Max Cash details the process of applying for title loans, calculating interest and provides a sample contract.
- Services nearly every state. Unless a state has prohibited auto title loans, Max Cash is likely to have a location in your state to discuss your loan options in person and have your car evaluated.
What should I watch out for?
- Title loans are costly. No matter your lender, these loans are expensive. Be sure you consider the total cost of the loan — principal and interest — before applying.
- Risk losing your car. If you default on your loan, you could face repossession of your car. This is a reason title loans are illegal in some states.
- Not a direct lender. Max Cash isn’t a lender. It works like a payday loan broker, working to connect you with a lender that meets your needs.
Compare more auto title loan options
Max Cash reviews and complaints
Max Cash Title Loans Only barely has any online reviews. The testimonials on the site claim that customer services was prompt and attentive. But testimonials on a provider’s website are usually all positive.
Be sure to check the BBB and Trustpilot ratings of the lender you’re ultimately connected with to make sure it’s legitimate.
Am I eligible?
Because Max Cash works with a variety of lenders, the application criteria varies. But for most auto title loans, you could be considered even with a bankruptcy or if you’re unemployed.
Basic criteria requires that:
- You’re at least 18 years old, or of legal age in your state.
- You have a regular source of income, including unemployment benefits.
- You’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
How do I submit my info?
Before you start, make sure you have the following documents:
- A government-issued ID
- A free and clean car title
- A Social Security card or document containing both your name and SSN
- A valid checking account
- Three references from non-relatives
- Car insurance (some states require proof of this for a title loan, but not all)
- Pictures of your car (all four sides including the VIN and odometer)
If you prefer to speak with a representative, you can call 833-200-0652 to start the process.
Submitting your information online takes a few minutes. Locate the small application on the right side of the page and enter your information. Once you’ve submitted your info, a representative from Max Cash will contact you to finish processing your application.
I got a referral. Now what?
You’ll be redirected to a lender that’ll help you take out an auto title loan. Be sure you have a budget in place to pay for your loan and the high interest it’ll accrue.
It’s important to read the fine print listed on your loan contract. While car title loans can be a good way to afford emergency expenses, they are a costly form of credit.
When you’re struggling to make ends meet, there are lots of short-term loan options out there. Max Cash can be a quick way to get the cash you need — especially if you have poor credit.
Frequently asked questions
What if I can’t pay my bill?
Lenders understand that not everyone can always make their payments on time. If this is the case, contact your lender and ask for an extension. You may be charged penalty fees for late payments or non-sufficient funds; If you’re consistently unable to pay at a certain time of the month, consider requesting a change in the contract.
Auto title loans are illegal in my state. What else can I do?
You can view our alternatives page to find another option that suits you.
My car isn’t paid off. Can I still apply?
If you still owe money on your car, you may be able to get a loan, but your options will be limited. Max Cash works with a huge variety of lenders that might be willing to work with you, even if you have an outstanding balance on your title.
Can I apply without a bank account?
Yes. In most states it services, Max Cash can offer loans to people who don’t have a bank account.
Be sure to check the requirements for your state, though. In Florida, for example, Max Cash requires you to have a bank account.
Can I apply without proof of income?
No. Max Cash requires borrowers have a verified source of income. You’ll need to compare other options if you want to get a title loan without proof of income.
Short-term loan ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Read the full methodology of how we rate short-term loan providers and similar services.
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked