Can this non-traditional lender help you get an affordable car loan?
|Product Name||Mariner Finance Auto Loan|
|Min. Loan Amount||$500|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
|APR||Starting at 3%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||Must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid driver’s licence and a personal credit score of at least 600.|
First, do I qualify?
- You have a personal credit score of at least 600.
- You ave a valid US driver’s license.
- You are a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You are at least 18 years old.
What types of car loans does Mariner Finance offer?
Mariner Finance offers car loans to eligible applicants with speedy turnaround, no prepayment penalties and repeat borrowing potential. But if you’re looking for specific details on what its car loan options are, you’re out of luck. Even with dedicated pages for its new car loans, used car loans and car loan refinancing, there isn’t much information available on how much the loan will cost or the borrowing process.
What are the benefits of a Mariner Finance auto loan?
- Quick and easy application. Filling out an application for an auto loan with Mariner Finance can be done online and completed in a matter of minutes.
- Swift funding turnaround. Once your application is processed and approved, your funds could be deposited in as little as one business day.
- No prepayment fees. Pay off your loan at any time without the inconvenience of prepayment penalties.
- Cosigners welcome. If you’d like to strengthen your loan application and secure a lower APR, Mariner welcomes you to add a cosigner to your application.
What to watch out for
- Limited availability. Mariner Finance auto loans are only available to residents in the 22 states it services.
- Lack of fee transparency. Mariner Finance is woefully ambiguous about potential fees associated with its auto loans, so be wary of loan processing fees and late payment penalties.
- In-person application required. You can start the loan application process with Mariner Finance online, but you’ll need to follow up in-person with a Mariner Finance loan specialist to submit your documentation.
Compare more car loan providers
What do borrowers have to say?
Mariner Finance isn’t accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but it does have an A+ rating. However, there are only two reviews and almost 200 complaints filed against the company.
Borrowers praise its quick funding turnaround and the option to add a cosigner for potentially lower interest rates but warn of predatory methods used to encourage borrowers to accept unnecessary additional funding. Some borrowers also suggest that Mariner Finance sends misleading preapproval offers in the mail that loop borrowers into multiple loans.
How do I apply?
Mariner Finance assesses your information and lets you know if you prequalify for a loan. Then, you’ll need to visit your nearest Mariner Finance branch to provide your loan officer with the necessary documentation.
What documents do I need to apply?
- Social Security number.
- A valid email address.
- A valid US driver’s license.
- Proof of citizenship or residence permit.
- Proof of residence, including government-issued ID with your current address.
- Income and employment information, including recent pay stubs.
- Your most recent tax return.
I got the Mariner Finance auto loan. Now what?
- Set up automatic payments. Log in to the Mariner Finance online account you created when you applied for your loan and set up automatic withdrawals so that you don’t fall behind on payments.
- Review your loan agreement. Late fees and penalties with Mariner Finance vary by state, so check your loan agreement to learn about what fees are associated with your loan.
- Contact customer service. If you have any questions about your loan or think you’ll miss an upcoming payment, reach out to Mariner Finance at your earliest opportunity. Customer service representatives are available by calling 800-373-4004 or visiting a branch in-person Monday through Friday. Branch hours may vary.
Mariner Finance offers auto financing to borrowers looking to fund the purchase of a new or used vehicle or refinance a pre-existing auto loan. APRs start at , but vary depending on your credit score and annual income. If you’re in need of a car loan and reside in one of the 22 states Mariner Finance serves, then you’re in luck, but be on the lookout for hidden fees and late payment penalties.
It’s wise to review your auto financing options with other potential lenders before applying for a loan. Learn more about car loan providers near you and select the loan type and term that best fits your budget.