Macy’s upgrades its Star Rewards loyalty program
All rewards members now earn points with every purchase, no matter how they pay.
You no longer have to be a Macy’s store credit card holder to cash in on Star Rewards points and bonuses.
As part of its restoration plan after announcing the closure of 125 stores across 19 states, Macy’s is revamping its loyalty program to allow all customers to earn rewards points and redeem them on nearly everything in store, including top brands.
“With this next phase of the program, all customers will earn rewards on everything they buy — except gift cards, services and fees — and can redeem on anything they choose,” Macy’s chief customer officer Richard Lennox said in a statement. “In the simplest terms, it’s how we love our customers back.”
How Star Rewards members can save even more
To kick off the new all-encompassing rewards program, Macy’s is offering its mobile app users a chance to win 100,000 Star Rewards points — equal to $1,000 in Star Money — now through Feb. 23. To enter, download the app, scroll to the 5 Million Points Giveaway section and tap Official Rules & Regulations. Then, check the box verifying your age and click the Enter Here button.
50 winners will be selected, each receiving 100,000 free rewards points.
According to an announcement, other extra giveaways and offers include:
- Star Rewards Exclusive Event on Feb. 15: Head to your local store to enjoy sweets, sips and extra perks
- Star Money Bonus Days throughout the year: Earn points faster, plus get access to extra savings and exclusive shopping events
- Cardholders can still earn extra perks by leveling up to Silver, Gold or Platinum status
Macy’s Star Rewards tiers
|Bronze||All Star Rewards members start at Bronze status for free, including those without a Macy’s store credit card|
|Silver||Macy’s cardholders who spend up to $499 per year on their store card|
|Gold||Macy’s cardholders who spend $500 to $1,199 per year on their store card|
|Platinum||Macy’s cardholders who spend $1,200 or more per year on their store card|
Which Macy’s stores are closing?
So far, 31 store closings in 19 states have been officially announced. But even if your local store is one of them, you’ll still be able to earn and redeem Star Rewards online.
Current store closings are:
- Antioch: Somersville Towne Center
- San Diego: Horton Plaza Park
- Meriden: Westfield Meriden
- Miami: The Falls Mall (Bloomingdales)
- Pompano Beach: Pompano Citi Centre
- Sanford: Seminole Towne Center
- Vero Beach: Indian River Mall
- Decatur: The Gallery at South DeKalb
- Macon: Macon Mall
- Waikoloa Village: Kings’ Shops
- Lewiston: Lewiston Center Mall
- Carbondale: University Mall
- West Dundee: Spring Hill Mall
- Muncie: Muncie Mall
- Prairie Village
- Owensboro: Towne Square Mall
- Salisbury: The Centre at Salisbury
- Leominster: The Mall at Whitney Field
- Helena: Helena Northside Center
- New York
- Hicksville: Broadway Commons
- North Carolina
- Winston-Salem: Hanes Mall
- Cincinnati: Northgate Mall
- St. Clairsville: Ohio Valley Mall
- Stow: Stow-Kent Plaza
- Harrisburg: Harrisburg East Mall
- State College: Nittany Mall
- Goodlettsville: RiverGate Mall
- Burlington: Cascade Mall
- Seattle: Downtown
- Walla Walla: Downtown