We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Compare luxury business credit cards
Enjoy your business travel with access to premium travel perks.
Traveling often for business can get tiresome fast. But with the right luxury business credit card, travel can be made easy and even enjoyable. This type of card is designed to help you enjoy your business travel with perks such as: airport lounge access, priority boarding and baggage handling, free checked bags and elite status with an airline or a hotel rewards program.
But expect to pay an annual fee that matches these perks.
Compare luxury business credit cards
American Express® Business Gold Card best for variety of reward categories.
This can be an excellent credit card for your business if your spending categories vary each month. That’s because you’ll earn accelerated points on the two categories you spend most on each billing cycle, including airfare.
- Reward points. Earn 4x points in combined purchases on up to $150,000 annually — 1x points after that — on the two categories you spend most on each billing cycle.There are a total of six spending categories: US gas stations, US restaurants, US shipping, US advertising purchases, US purchases from select providers of computer hardware, software and cloud solutions, and airfare purchased directly from airlines. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Points back. Redeem rewards points toward flights to get 25% of the points back. You can get a maximum of 250,000 bonus points each year.
- Welcome offer. Earn up to $500 back on shipping through FedEx for the first 3 months from account opening.
The Business Platinum® Card from American Express best for travel
Consider this card if you often travel for business and want to enjoy premium hotel and airline perks. You can earn a generous welcome offer, accelerated points on flights and prepaid hotels, airline fee credit each year, lounge access and more.
- Airline fee credit. Get $200 airline fee credit every year once you choose a preferred airline. You can use this credit to cover incidental fees, such as baggage fees.
- Points back. Use your rewards points to redeem for airfare and get 35% back up to 5,000 points each year.
- American Express Global Lounge Collection. Get access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries. This includes the Centurion Lounge, the International American Express lounges, Delta Sky Club when flying Delta or a Priority Pass Select lounge once you enroll.
Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card best for companion certificate
Consider this card if you frequently fly Delta for business. You’ll earn a companion certificate each year on your card anniversary, meaning your companion will get a complimentary round trip ticket once a year. In addition, you get to earn a generous welcome offer, priority boarding, Delta Sky Club access and more.
- Companion certificate. Get a Domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+® or Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year on your card anniversary. You won’t pay more than $75 in government taxes and fees for the round trip.
- Delta Sky Club access. Get complimentary Delta Sky Club access and a discounted access of $29 for up to two companions when flying Delta. For everyone else, a one-year membership costs $545.
- Miles Boost. Earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in a calendar year, and earn additional 15,000 MQMs once you spend $30,000 more. This can help you quickly rise in the Delta SkyMiles elite status tiers.
United MileagePlus® Club Business Card best for earning rewards
If you prefer United Airlines for your business travel, this may be a card worth considering as you can earn accelerated miles on all purchases. Other perks include a generous signup bonus, United Club membership, free checked bags and priority boarding.
- United Club membership. Get access to United Club and Star Alliance affiliated lounges worldwide. This perk alone is worth $550, which can easily offset the card’s annual fee.
- Free first and second checked bags. Save up to $280 on first and second checked bags in a round trip. One companion traveling on the same reservation can also use this perk.
- Premier Access travel services. Pass with ease through the airport with priority check-in, security screening (where available), priority boarding and baggage handling.
How we picked our best cards
We compared all luxury business credit cards and weighed in the rewards rate, the welcome offer and all premium perks that come with the card. We chose the cards that let you travel in style and enjoy your business trips.
There’s another type of premium business card
The FoundersCard is a membership card for business owners who travel often. The card lets you enjoy VIP privileges with airline and hotel partners, it offers discounts at select retail partners and it lets you connect with more than 30,000 like-minded individuals.
How to compare luxury business credit cards
To make sure the card you choose meets your requirements, ask yourself:
- Do you want the ultimate airline perks? If yes, choosing an airline credit card may be a better choice over a general travel card. That’s because you get to use perks you may otherwise not get, including free checked bags or priority boarding.
- Do you want a combination of airline and hotel perks? In this case, The Business Platinum® Card from American Express is the clear winner as it offers airline fee credit, airport lounge access, TSA PreCheck or Global Entry application fee credit and accelerated rewards points on airfare. But you also get hotel benefits, such as elite status with Marriott and Hilton hotels and benefits at Fine Hotels & Resorts.
- Do you occasionally travel? The American Express® Business Gold Card may the best choice in this case, as you get to earn reward points on a variety of business categories, which you can redeem whenever you need for travel purchases.
Most luxury business credit cards are designed to help you travel for business in style. If you want airline-specific perks such as free checked bags and priority boarding, consider an airline credit card. Otherwise, a general travel card could be a solid choice.
But if you still can’t make up your mind, check out other business credit cards and compare your options until you find the right fit for your business.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert