If you’re looking to add a pool to your home, this loan could be the solution to your financing needs.
|Product Name||LightStream Swimming Pool Loan|
|Min. Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$100,000|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||2 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||12 years|
|Requirements||You must have a good to excellent credit profile, and be U.S. citizen with a valid Social Security number.|
- You must have a good to excellent credit profile.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
How does a personal loan through LightStream work?
Obtaining financing for your new swimming pool through LightStream is a simple online process. The loan can offer significant savings with a low APR and no fees. It can even be used to repair or update an existing pool. But not everyone qualifies. LightStream requires good to excellent credit.
Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $100,000 with a maximum loan term of 12 years (144 months)*, but terms of 85 to 144 months are only available to those with excellent credit.
If you’re approved, you must transfer the funds to your bank account within 30 days. After 30 days, you will need to reapply.
What will a LightStream swimming pool loan cost me?
Let’s take a look at the details of the interest rate:
- The interest rate is fixed. It will not change over the lifetime of the loan.
- Interest accrues daily based on the unpaid principal balance. Your payment will first be applied to interest, with the remainder going toward principal.
- You’ll save with AutoPay. If you choose to receive an invoice, your rate will be 0.50% higher.*
Interest rates are based a combination of loan amount, loan purpose and length of the loan. Your exact interest rate is based on your credit profile and ability to repay the loan.
What are the benefits of a LightStream swimming pool loan?
- Uncomplicated process. You can apply online and receive approval without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- Competitive fixed rates. LightStream’s loan also comes with its Rate Beat Program. This means LightStream will beat a lower APR from another lender by 0.10%.
- No collateral required. You won’t have to put up any collateral to finance your swimming pool through LightStream.
- Rate beat program. Your loan is backed by LightStream’s Rate Beat Program, which promises to beat another lender’s APR by 0.10%.
- Complaints taken seriously. LightStream is so sure you’ll be satisfied with the loan process, it comes with a guarantee: after initiating a complaint and completing a questionnaire, you could receive $100.†
What to watch out for
- Interest rates vary. If you choose to pay by invoice, your interest rate will be 0.50% higher*. Use AutoPay to avoid the higher rate.
- Credit card required. You must have a valid Visa or Mastercard credit card. This is for verification purposes only, and no charges are applied.
- Specific loan purpose. You must use your loan funds for a swimming pool. Other uses, especially for business or secondary education, will violate your loan contract.
Compare more providers similar to LightStream
Am I eligible?
Qualifying for a LightStream loan requires good to excellent credit, and you must have sufficient income to repay any existing debt in addition to the loan.
LightStream considers good credit to be:
- Several years of credit history
- Credit history with a variety of account types
- Good payment history
- Evidence of the ability to save
How to apply for a LightStream swimming pool loan
Applying for a home improvement loan through LightStream is a simple online process that takes about 10 minutes. You will receive a response quickly if you apply during business hours.
To apply, you’ll be asked for your:
- Personal info — your full name, home address, contact info, Social Security number, date of birth and driver’s license number, among other general information.
- Income and employment — work status, annual income and sources, liquid assets and retirement assets.
- Property info — total monthly housing costs, estimated equity in home, address, occupancy type and property type.
- Security info for account setup — user ID, password and security question and answer.
If approved, simply e-sign your documents, set up payment information and set up your loan for funding. You can even receive your funds that same day, if you meet certain requirements§.
What happens after I get the loan?
You can receive your funds the same day if you apply during a banking business day. If your application is approved, you must then complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. EST:
- Review and electronically sign the loan agreement.
- Provide LightStream with your banking information and funding preferences.
- Complete the final verification process.
Before you start looking for contractors to build your new pool, understand how to make payments on your loan and take advantage of its features.
- AutoPay is automatically withdrawn from your bank account each month. Once you’ve set up this feature, you’re good to go. Selecting autopay results in a lower APR*.
- Invoice payments must be returned by mail. You cannot make payments at or through a SunTrust Bank branch. Invoice payments result in a higher APR, so set up autopay to avoid a higher interest rate.
Applying for a LightStream loan is a simple process for applicants with good to excellent credit. If your credit history enables you to qualify, this loan is a great option to finance your new pool. However, if you don’t qualify or want to use your loan funds for more than just financing a swimming pool, you should compare your other personal loan options before making a final decision.