If you are looking to add a pool to your home and have good to excellent credit, this loan could be the solution to your financing needs.
Known for: LightStream believes that consumers with good credit deserve a simple loan process with a low APR and no fees.
The addition of a pool to your home can bring endless enjoyment for your family. It’s a great way to unwind and cool off at the end of a long, hot day. If you’ve decided to finance the construction of your pool, the process of securing a loan can be stressful and costly. With LightStream’s pool loan, you can eliminate the difficulty and get to planning your new pool. And their low fixed APR and no fees can offer savings over other pool loans.
|Product Name||LightStream Swimming Pool Loan|
|APR||From 3.99%* with AutoPay|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$100,000|
How does a personal loan through LightStream work?
Obtaining financing for your new swimming pool through LightStream is a simple online process. The loan can offer significant savings with a low APR and no fees. It can even be used to repair or update an existing pool. However, a LightStream loan does require good to excellent credit.
Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $100,000 with a maximum loan term of 84 months (7 years)*. Once approved, you must transfer the funds to your bank account within 30 days. After 30 days, you will need to reapply. Also, funds must be used for the purpose stated on your application and cannot be used for business purposes or student loans.
What are the benefits of a LightStream swimming pool loan?
- Uncomplicated process. Obtain financing completely online.
- Fixed rates as low as 3.99%* APR with AutoPay. LightStream’s loan also comes with its Rate Beat Program, whereby it will beat a lower APR from another lender by 0.10 percentage points.
- No equity required. This is an unsecured loan, which means you don’t need to leverage your home equity.
- No fees.
What to watch out for
LightStream’s loan has few faults. Most complaints are due to not being approved, but this is a great loan if you have good to excellent credit. LightStream is so sure you’ll be satisfied with the loan process, it comes with a guarantee: after initiating a complaint and completing a questionnaire, you could receive $100.† The loan is also backed by LightStream’s Rate Beat Program, which promises to beat another lender’s APR by 0.10 percentage points.
Be aware of the following:
- If you choose to pay by invoice, your interest rate will be 0.50% higher*. Select AutoPay on loan acceptance to avoid the higher rate.
- You must have a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card. This is for verification purposes only, and no charges are applied.
- You must use loan proceeds for the purpose stated on your application.
What will a LightStream swimming pool loan cost me?
Let’s take a look at the details of the interest rate:
- The interest rate is fixed. It will not change over the lifetime of the loan.
- Interest accrues daily, based on the unpaid principal balance. Your payment will first be applied to interest, with the remainder going toward principal.
- Rates can be as low as 3.99% APR* with AutoPay. Rate is determined by loan purpose, loan amount, loan terms and your credit profile.
- You’ll save with AutoPay. If you choose to receive an invoice, your rate will be 0.50% higher*.
Interest rates are based a combination of loan amount, loan purpose and length of the loan. Your exact interest rate is based on your creditworthiness.
Am I even eligible?
Qualifying for a LightStream loan requires good to excellent credit, and you must have sufficient income to repay any existing debt in addition to the loan.
LightStream considers good credit to be:
- Several years of credit history.
- Credit history with a variety of account types.
- Good payment history.
- Evidence of the ability to save.
How to apply for a LightStream swimming pool loan
Applying for a home improvement loan through LightStream is a simple online process that takes about 10 minutes. You will receive a response quickly if you apply during business hours.
To apply, you’ll be asked for your:
- Personal info — your full name, home address, contact info, Social Security number, date of birth and driver’s license number, among other general information.
- Income and employment — work status, annual income and sources, liquid assets and retirement assets.
- Property info — total monthly housing costs, estimated equity in home, address, occupancy type and property type.
- Security info for account setup — user ID, password and security question and answer.
If approved, simply e-sign your documents, set up payment information and set up your loan for funding. You can even receive your funds that same day, if you meet certain requirements§.
I got the loan! Now what?
You’ve successfully qualified for a loan that requires great credit. But before you begin preparing for your new family member, understand how to make payments on your loan and take advantage of its features.
When you applied for your loan, you opted for either AutoPay or invoice:
- AutoPay is automatically withdrawn from your bank account each month. Once you’ve set up this feature, you’re good to go. Selecting autopay results in a lower APR*.
- Invoice payments must be returned by mail. You cannot make payments at or through a SunTrust Bank branch. Invoice payments result in a higher APR, so set up autopay to avoid a higher interest rate.
You can receive your funds the same day if you apply during a banking business day. If your application is approved, you must then complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. EST:
- Review and electronically sign the loan agreement.
- Provide LightStream with your banking information and funding preferences.
- Complete the final verification process.
LightStream swimming pool loan summary
Applying for a LightStream loan is a simple process for applicants with good to excellent credit. If your credit history enables you to qualify, this loan is a great option to finance your new pool.
Have more questions about LightStream swimming pool loans?
Are there prepay penalties?
No, you will not incur penalties or fees for paying off your loan early.
Is LightStream affiliated with SunTrust Bank?
Yes, LightStream is the online consumer lending division of SunTrust Bank.
Do I need to be an existing SunTrust customer to qualify for a LightStream loan?
No, LightStream serves customers across the United States.
How long will it take before I get an answer to my application?
Applicants typically receive an answer quickly during business hours. If additional information is required, a LightStream representative will follow up through email. The timing of LightStream’s response depends how quickly you provide the requested information.