TruStage life insurance review 2022
Get a policy without a medical exam — but coverage is capped at low amounts.
finder.com's rating: 3.5 / 5
- Get a quote if… you want to skip the medical exam.
- Pick something else if… you want coverage over $300,000.
18 to 69
$10,000 to $300,000
Medical Exam Required
|Policies||Term, Whole, Guaranteed whole|
|Term lengths||5 Year Banded Term|
|Medical exam required||No|
|Available states||All states|
|Issue age||18 - 69 years old|
- No medical exam options.
- Financially strong.
- Policies can’t be customized.
- Low coverage amounts.
No info available
Julia Cameron is a writer and editor who has experience in finance, mergers and acquisitions, content marketing and immigration law. She has a passion for interior design and an affinity for Old Florida, where she lives with her family.
TruStage offers affordable life insurance options, including term, life and guaranteed policies. It issues coverage without a medical exam, which means your policy can go into effect instantly.
But if you’re looking for a fully customizable or high-value policy, compare life insurance companies.
TruStage life insurance rates
The cost of your life insurance is influenced by several factors, including what type of coverage you are applying for — term, whole or guaranteed — your gender, age and the coverage amount.
For example, a female 35 to 39 years old applying for term life insurance with a coverage amount of $300,000 would pay $65.00 a month, according to the insurer.
How to get a quote from TruStage life insurance
You can apply for a TruStage policy online or over the phone by calling 866-579-3170.
These are the steps to apply online:
- Select the type of policy you want from the dropdown menu under Life.
- Enter your ZIP code, date of birth and gender, then click Get Pricing.
- Select from a range of quotes and click Apply Online Now.
- Name up to four beneficiaries and click Next to move on to the health questions.
- Answer a few health questions, accept the electronic delivery terms and privacy notice and give permission to have your prescription records checked. Then you’ll be asked to provide name and Social Security number.
- Lastly, enter your payment information, review the policy, agree and electronically sign the e-documents.
I’ve signed up for TruStage life insurance. What happens next?
Approval is typically instant since there’s no required medical exam. Once approved, register your online account so you can take full advantage of your policy. Coverage begins once your first payment processes.
What types of life insurance coverage does TruStage offer?
TruStage offers a simple lineup of term and permanent policies:
- Term life insurance. Purchase up to $300,000 in coverage for a policy that lasts a set number of years.
- Whole life insurance. Available up to age 85, this policy offers up to $100,000 in lifelong coverage and predictable premiums. It also builds cash value over time.
- Guaranteed whole life insurance. This coverage is open to applicants 45 to 80 years old, and it doesn’t require a health questionnaire or medical exam. The maximum coverage amount is $25,000.
What riders can I add to my TruStage life insurance policy?
TruStage doesn’t allow policyholders to customize their coverage with riders.
TruStage life insurance reviews and complaints
TruStage isn’t accredited with the Better Business Bureau, but it has an A+ rating for its customer interaction. The BBB has recorded eight complaints in the last three years, which is low for an insurance company. Customers award the insurer 2 out of 5 stars.
The company has an excellent review on TrustPilot, earning 4.7 out of 5 stars from over 3,400 reviews as of October 2020.
|AM Best financial rating||
|Trustpilot score||4.8/5 out of 4,061 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||26 October 2021|
Find a term or permanent policy from life insurance companies like TruStage
How does TruStage work with CMFG Life insurance?
CMFG Life Insurance issues TruStage’s life insurance products and is TruStage’s parent company. CMFG holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and financial rating from AM Best. The company has closed 11 complaints on the BBB site in the last 12 months, as of April 21, 2020. Multiple complaints dealt with payment refutes due to unapproved billing or issues with the company’s products.
CMFG Life Insurance is also a subsidiary of CUNA Mutual. CUNA Mutual sells life insurance on its website under the TruStage name.
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.