Dayforward life insurance review
A unique term life insurer offering an innovative product for young families in Arizona, Texas and Utah.
- Get a quote if… you want bi-weekly payouts for your beneficiary.
- Choose a different service if…you don’t live in Texas.
18 to 67
$12,000 to $500,000
No exams for some applicants
Medical Exam Required
|Term lengths||from 10 to 27 years|
|Medical exam required||No exams for some applicants|
|Available states||Texas, Arizona and Utah|
|Issue age||18 - 67 years old|
No info available
Our take on Dayforward life insurance
Dayforward offers a life insurance policy different from traditional life insurance policies on the market today. Its policies are designed to pay out a smaller lump-sum payment than traditional policies, and then biweekly payments until your beneficiary reaches a specific age — typically 21.
It has its perks — like providing your children with income support after you die. But it’s similar to an annual decreasing term policy in that you’ll pay the same monthly premium amount for your entire policy. And as your children get older, the overall amount they receive from your policy decreases each year.
If you want your children to receive a set amount of money after you die, it’s best to opt for a traditional term life policy. But, if you like the idea of your children having a steady source of income until a specific age — this option may work for you.
Dayforward is a new company with policies only available in Arizona, Texas and Utah, so most of the country will have to wait. It doesn’t have any customer complaints or reviews available through J.D. Power or AM Best due to its recent establishment in 2021. That could make it riskier to purchase a policy since there are no time-tested results of Dayforward’s financial strength or customer satisfaction standings.
Dayforward only offers term life, but with a twist
Dayforward keeps it simple by offering term coverage only, but Its policy is an income-replacement policy instead of a traditional policy that only pays out one lump-sum after you die.
Income replacement means your beneficiary receives an immediate $10,000 lump sum designed to cover funeral expenses and other immediate costs when you die. Then the policy affords a biweekly payment designed to replace your income. Minor’s benefits are paid to a legal guardian on behalf of the minor beneficiary.
It protects income levels between $12,000 to $500,000, with policies lasting 10 to 27 years. And, your monthly premium stays the same throughout your term, unless additional children are added or you have a salary increase.
Dayforward life insurance rates
Dayforward offers straightforward rates. It charges a flat $5 a month on each policy, which is included in the premium. Coverage is priced depending on factors like your age and health, the salary level you want to replace and how long you want your youngest child to be covered for.
To give you an idea of rates, we pulled sample quotes for a healthy 30-year old man and woman, with a 5-year old child and a $60,000 salary.
|Covers child up to 21 years old||Covers child up to 26 years old|
|Man||$17 per month||$23 per month|
|Woman||$14 per month||$18 per month|
Factors that affect your rate
Dayforward’s application asks for your annual income and a description of your general health — excellent, good, OK or below average. Because its policy is an income-replacement policy, Dayforward won’t insure you for an amount above your income level.
Underwriting requires more detailed medical questions, including standard questions around nicotine, drug and alcohol use. And you’ll need to provide your driving history and criminal record in the 10 years prior to applying. The higher risk you are, the higher your rates.
How easy is it to get a quote with Dayforward?
Get a quote by answering a few medical health questions, and Dayforward aims to get you fully protected in 10 minutes.
Start by submitting your:
- Date of birth.
- Annual income.
- Youngest child’s birthdate.
Does Dayforward require medical testing?
Dayforward reaches out by phone or email if more information or testing is required for coverage. Either answer questions over the phone or Dayforward books you an appointment at a local medical lab for blood and saliva samples.
You’ll get a decision on approval about 24 to 48 hours after Dayforward receives your answers or test results.
What riders can I add to my life insurance policy?
Dayforward automatically includes two riders in each life insurance policy it sells to help you keep up with growing family and income:
- Child Rider. Add children to your life insurance policy as they’re born.
- Income Rider. Grow your coverage along with your salary by submitting proof of income.
You don’t need to request the addition of these two riders, and no additional underwriting is necessary — though Dayforward will calculate and charge an additional premium based on additional income or children you want to add to your policy.
You can have a Dayforward policy and traditional life insurance
You may purchase a traditional life insurance policy from another insurer in addition to your Dayforward policy. A policy from Dayforward can supplement your existing coverage through your employer or a policy you already own.
How can Dayforward deny my claim?
Dayforward advertises only two conditions under which claims may get rejected:
- Misrepresentation during the underwriting process or when purchasing the policy
- Death by suicide within the first two years of the policy term
Pros and cons of Dayforward life insurance
- Simple, approachable life insurance. Dayforward offers one term policy to customers.
- Customers decide their term length. As a policyholder, you have options with Dayforward. You can decide the policy length that works best for your needs – until your youngest child turns 18, 21 or 26 years.
- b>Payment is distributed twice monthly. Dayforward created a solution where a $10,000 lump sum is immediately sent. After, payments are made every other week to simulate a paycheck schedule.
- Automatic riders. Dayforward adds its two riders to each policy automatically, making it easy for you to manage your policy.
- Brand-new company. Dayforward was established in 2021, so there’s no company history of customer satisfaction or claims payments to review.
- Only available in three states. Dayforward is currently only selling policies to Arizona, Utah and Texas residents.
- Dayforward is not yet rated. Because they are so new, Dayforward doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) or AM Best rating yet.
Dayforward life insurance reviews and complaints.
Dayforward was established in 2021. There are no complaints or reviews listed on Trustpilot or at the BBB. However, Dayforward policies are reinsured by Munich Re, which holds an A + rating from AM Best. That means it’s likely able to pay out future claims.
|AM Best financial rating||NR (not rated)|
|J.D. Power score||N/A|