What questions might I be asked?
Insurers will want to ask a lot of questions about your cancer and your medical history, which can stir up fear, worry and feelings you might’ve thought behind you. Consider leaning on your loved ones for support during the application process, and be prepared to answer questions such as:
- Do you have a family history of cancer? What was the age of onset?
- Has anyone in your family died from cancer? If so, at what age?
- What type of cancer do you or did you have?
- Have you been advised that the cancer is treatable and what’s the percent chance of success?
- What treatments did you receive while you had cancer?
- Are you currently in remission? If so, how long have you been in remission?
- Are you still taking medication or receiving tests?
- What is the contact information of your doctor?