Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Coverage for the unexpected at a low monthly cost.
Liberty Mutual offers low-cost insurance for renters, starting at just $12 per month. With flexible options for renters to customize their plans and three significant plan discounts available, this insurance plan can adapt to your needs.
All 50 states
- Wide coverage for home & belongings
- Extra coverage for jewelry & more
- Tons of discounts & savings
|New home discount discount||Yes|
|New homeowner discount||Yes|
|Home safety features discount||Yes|
|New policy discount||Yes|
|No claims discount||Yes|
|Personal property coverage||Yes|
|Valuable personal property||Yes|
|Identity theft coverage||Optional|
Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance Review
Liberty Mutual offers low-cost insurance for renters, starting at $12 per month. With flexible options for renters to customize their plans and three significant plan discounts available, this insurance plan can adapt to your needs.
Benefits of Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance can be customized to the type of residence included in the coverage and offers several ways for renters to protect not only the place where they live, but also their most prized possessions within the home. Significant benefits to the Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance plans include:
- Expansive Coverage for Your Possessions: Not only does Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance cover your items in case of theft, fire, or certain kinds of water damage, but it can also include any personal items in your car, as you travel for business or pleasure, and even during a move to a new home, offering peace of mind about your most treasured items at any time.
- Additional Coverage for Liability and Medical Needs: If someone is injured while in your home or you accidentally cause damage to another person’s property while in your home, Liberty Mutual provides basic liability and medical payment coverage under their renters insurance policy. Specific amounts of coverage for this feature vary based on the insurance plan selected.
- Three Ways to Save with Plan Discounts: While the Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance plans are affordable to begin with, the company also provides three additional ways that clients can save: People who use other insurance policies by Liberty Mutual, such as an auto insurance policy, can save on their plan; clients who have a membership with one of more than 14,000 groups associated with Liberty Mutual can benefit from plan savings; and last, but not least, renters who have a clean history of claims for the past five years, even with another policy carrier, can save on their premiums for renters insurance.
Features of Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
Liberty Mutual offers several additional features that may be helpful for renters looking for the best coverage for their place of residence and possessions. These include:
- Coverage for Devices: In addition to basic coverage for items within the home, clients can add coverage for their home computers and mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets. These are available with higher value limits and additional causes of loss, with a minimal $50 deductible. Peripheral devices, media players, and software can also be included in this coverage, as desired.
- Jewelry Coverage: When you want to protect your jewelry, you can add on blanket jewelry coverage for all the items in your jewelry collection with a single combined limit. This coverage does require some evidence of value if a claim is filed.
Compare alternatives to Liberty Mutual renters insurance
How to Apply for Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance
It’s fairly simple to complete the application for Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance, which can be done online on the company’s website, over the phone, or in person with a local agent. Plans can be designed to fit your specific needs and the application itself takes only a few minutes.
When you begin your insurance application, you should have the following documentation readily available:
- Basic contact information for any renters on the policy
- Information about the types of items being covered
- Current renters insurance policies in existence can be helpful, but are not required
For a low-cost renters insurance option that can be personalized to fit your specific needs, Liberty Mutual Renters Insurance is a flexible and affordable solution.