Protect your ride and get rewarded for safe driving.
- Get a quote if you’d like coverage or discounts specialized for motorcycles.
- Pick something else if you need features that aren’t available in your state.
- Drivers of all kinds are accepted, with rewards for safe drivers.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone|
- Competitive rates with many discounts
- Safe driving rewards
- Customized bike accessory coverage
- Discounts and add-ons not available in every state
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Liberty Mutual offer?
This company offers standard coverage for peace of mind on the road:
- Liability. Coverage for vehicle damages and personal injuries to the other driver involved.
- Collision. Know your bike is covered for repairs, even when the accident is your fault.
- Comprehensive. Pay for damages related to not-so-common accidents like storms, theft, vandalism or hitting an animal.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Protect yourself from accident damages when an at-fault driver doesn’t have enough coverage to meet your needs.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Liberty Mutual offer?
Liberty Mutual provides several optional coverages to protect your ride:
- Accident forgiveness. Liberty Mutual rewards safe riders who have been accident-free and violation-free for five years. This applies even if you were insured with another carrier.
- New bike replacement. Protect your investment in case of a total loss within the first year. No depreciation will be applied.
- Better bike replacement. This add-on gets you a replacement bike that’s one model year newer than your previous one with 2,500 fewer miles.
- 24-hour roadside assistance. Protect yourself from minor repair and towing costs if you ever break down on the road.
- Accessories. Get this coverage when you purchase comprehensive or collision. Or opt to cover your permanently installed bike equipment separately.
What discounts can I get with Liberty Mutual?
- Experienced riders. Provide proof that you’ve held a motorcycle license for three or more years.
- Safety courses. Complete a Liberty Mutual-approved motorcycle safety course and find extra safety and savings.
- Motorcycle safety features. Savings with features like anti-theft or anti-lock brakes on your bike.
- Multiple bikes. Bundle all your motorcycles onto your Liberty Mutual policy.
- Multiple policies. Combine all your insurance needs with this carrier, including auto, home, life, renters or umbrella insurance.
- Exclusive group savings. Find out if your employer, riding group, credit union or alumni association is listed with the company’s affinity programs.
- Preferred payment methods. Get discounts when you pay in full or choose another qualifying payment method, such as automatic payments.
Pros and cons of Liberty Mutual motorcycle insurance
- Competitive rates. Though not the lowest rates around, the company does stay competitive in the industry. This information takes auto insurance into account and may vary for motorcycle insurance.
- Discount variety. You could qualify for one or more motorcycle insurance discounts.
- Safety rewards. You’ll find benefits for cautious riders that make safety worth your while, such as discounts and accident forgiveness.
- Accessories coverage. Liberty Mutual offers coverage for the specialty bike accessories you love.
- Established provider. Liberty Mutual has seen over 100 years in the insurance industry and boasts strong financial ratings.
- Not all discounts available. Liberty Mutual discounts can vary from state to state.
- Not all optional coverages available. Coverage options may differ among states served.
How to apply for Liberty Mutual motorcycle insurance.
Get a quote or apply for Liberty Mutual motorcycle insurance online, by phone or with a local agent.
Online. Here’s how you can apply online.
- Go to Liberty Mutual’s motorcycle insurance home page.
- Enter your ZIP code and click Get my price.
- Fill out personal details, motorcycle information and the driver’s history and details.
- Then, choose coverage, enter your payment method and confirm your information.
Phone. To speak with an agent directly, call 800-837-5254.
Local agent. Find a local Liberty Mutual office in your area.
- Go to the Liberty Mutual sales office locations page.
- Enter your ZIP code or preferred agent’s name and click Search.
- Choose your preferred local agent.
What info do I need to apply?
Keep several pieces of information close by when applying for motorcycle insurance:
- Home address
- Driver’s license
- Motorcycle make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Payment information
How to make a claim with Liberty Mutual
The company makes filing claims simple and convenient. Choose to file by phone, online or on the Liberty Mutual mobile app.
Online. Go to the company claims page and select File a claim. You’ll need to log into your online account.
Phone. If you’d prefer a more personal method, call a representative at 844-339-4413.
App. File a claim directly from the mobile app dashboard.
Alternatives to Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual provides stand-out optional coverages like better bike replacement, accident forgiveness and accessories coverage. You could also receive one or more discounts. However, coverage and discount exclusions apply in some states.
Take the next step with Liberty Mutual or compare other motorcycle insurance providers.