Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts
Find out which of these easy-to-get discounts you qualify for — you could save big.
Liberty Mutual offers a variety of discounts that many drivers can take advantage of. In addition to some of the most common discounts that car insurance companies offer, Liberty Mutual also extends a few unique discounts that help it stand out. Keep in mind that some discounts aren’t available in every state.
What discounts can I get from Liberty Mutual?
Liberty Mutual is one of the largest auto insurance companies in the nation, and it offers some of the most discounts of any insurer. Compare the most common discounts that you can get on your auto insurance with Liberty Mutual and find out how much you can save.
- Advanced quote. If you’re an early shopper getting quotes before your renewal date, you could receive up to a 45% discount for having an effective date that’s up to 30 days from when you submit your quote.
- Affinity group. Liberty Mutual offers up to a 10% discount for being a member of any of the more than 14,000 alumni associations, employers or professional associations affiliated with Liberty.
- Alternative fuel. This discount is worth up to 10% and is given to vehicles that don’t solely use gasoline, including hybrids and all electric vehicles.
- Antitheft device. Get a discount if your car is protected by an antitheft device.
- Defensive driver. Successfully completing an approved safety course can earn you this discount. It can be as high as 10%, and all drivers are eligible — including teens.
- Distant student. This discount is available if you have a student who lives at a school located more than 100 miles from your house and who doesn’t keep a vehicle at school.
- Good driver. You’re eligible for a discount if you haven’t had any accidents in the last five years, and another discount if you haven’t had any violations in the same period.
- Good student. If your student has at least a B average or 3.0 GPA either overall or in the last semester, you’ll be eligible for this 10% to 15% discount. You’ll be asked to send in transcripts to keep this on your policy.
- Homeowner. Potentially save on your policy when you own your own home — even if you don’t insure it with Liberty Mutual.
- Military. Shave down your premium if you’re an active, retired or reserved service member.
- Multipolicy. Save up to 15% when you have more than one policy with Liberty Mutual. The biggest discount amount pairs your auto insurance with a homeowners or renters policy.
- Multivehicle. This discount lowers your premium for each additional vehicle you have on your auto policy.
- Online purchase. Save up to 12% if you buy your auto policy online.
- Paperless. Elect to receive all of your bills and documents electronically and you can receive this discount of up to 3%.
- Payment options. Receive a discount if you choose to pay for your policy in full, and get another discount if you pay using automatic withdrawals.
- Telematics. Liberty Mutual’s RightTrack program tracks parts of your driving for 90 days. You receive a 5% discount simply for signing up, with the possibility of earning up to 30% after the completion of the program. But most drivers earn between 5% and 10%.
- Vehicle safety. If your vehicle comes equipped with certain safety features, such as a passive restraint system or antilock brakes, you’ll be eligible for a discount of up to 10% on each vehicle’s rates.
How much can I save with Liberty Mutual?
You can save well over 30% on your insurance premiums by combining various discounts through Liberty Mutual. However, discounts are capped at a certain percentage with each car insurance company, meaning you won’t be able to continue stacking discounts after a certain point.
Liberty Mutual isn’t known for having the lowest rates for many people, but it does offer a variety of discounts that could make it competitive for you. Rating factors such as your age, location, driving history and the type of car you drive will also affect how much you pay. It also offers accident forgiveness, which isn’t a discount but is a nice add-on that few insurance companies offer.
How do Liberty Mutual’s discounts compare to other insurers?
Liberty Mutual offers most of the same discounts as the other large insurance companies. It stands out for its large advanced-quote discount — up to 45% off for submitting your quote up to 30 days before it takes effect. This discount is larger than other companies’ advanced quote discount — but any insurer will slowly reduce advanced-quote discounts from your policy over a five-year period.
Liberty Mutual is also strong with its 10% affinity group discount, which includes over 14,000 organizations.
Compare car insurance providers
Liberty Mutual offers a wide variety of discounts to help you save money on your car insurance. Many of its most common discounts, such as its advanced quote discount and affinity group discount, are particularly big compared to other insurers.
If you want to see how Liberty Mutual compares with the competition, compare other car insurance companies to find out if their discounts and rates match Liberty Mutual.
Frequently asked questions about Liberty Mutual discounts
Ask an Expert