LeverageRX disability insurance review 2020
Compare disability insurance for doctors with this online broker.
- Consider LeverageRx if… You want advice that’s tailored to medical professionals.
- Look elsewhere if… You’d prefer to compare a wider range of carriers.
Short term disability
Long term disability
|Benefit period||1, 2, 5, or 10 years or until age 65 or 67|
|Waiting period||30 - 365 days|
|Coverage amount||$100 to $20,000+|
|Available states||All 50 states|
|Policy riders||An own-occupation, residual or partial benefits, catastrophic, cost of living adjustment and student loan benefit|
- Specialized service and advice
- High caliber of carriers
- Paired with an advisor
- Well-rounded view of its carriers
- No online quotes
- Limited list of insurers
Katia Iervasi is a writer from sunny Sydney, Australia. Her writing — and curiosity — has taken her around the world, and she now calls chaotic, creative New York home. With a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance, mortgages and finance for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
Designed for doctors and medical professionals, LeverageRX offers a convenient way to compare policies from big-name disability insurers. The broker stands out for offering specialized advice and pairing customers with an advisor that can answer any questions they may have about coverage.
But it works with a limited number of insurers, so it’s worth comparing disability insurance companies on your own, too.
How does LeverageRX disability insurance work?
LeverageRX is a marketplace that’s designed to help doctors find disability insurance policies, among other financial products. The broker works with a range of big-name insurers, and gives its customers access to licensed insurance experts.
As a medical professional, you can ask for advice in choosing your coverage and compare policy features online.
Must-have disability insurance policy features
LeverageRX suggests all doctors should look for a disability policy with these features and riders:
- An own-occupation disability policy
- A residual or partial benefits rider
- A catastrophic disability rider
- A cost of living adjustment rider
- A student loan benefit rider
LeverageRX disability insurance reviews and complaints
LeverageRX has been in business for four years, but it isn’t yet accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, the BBB awards it an A+ rating for its customer interaction.
On Trustpilot, the broker earns 4.5 stars based on 48 reviews. The reviews are overwhelmingly positive, with customers praising the expertise and efficiency of LeverageRX’s team.
Which disability insurance companies does LeverageRX work with?
LeverageRX partners with major players in the disability insurance game, including Principal, The Standard, MassMutual, Guardian, Ameritas and Ohio Financial Services.
There are several agencies that assess insurers’ financial strength and customer engagement and satisfaction. All of the carriers LeverageRX works with boast top ratings with AM Best, which means they have the money to pay out monthly benefits.
|Company||AM Best||Better Business Bureau||J.D. Power|
|MassMutual||A++||B-||3 out of 5|
|Guardian||A++||A+||3 out of 5|
|Ohio Financial Services||A||A+||N/A|
Pros and cons of LeverageRX disability insurance
- Specialized service and advice. The platform is tailored to doctors and medical professionals.
- High caliber of carriers. The insurers LeverageRX partners with are financially strong with solid customer reputations.
- Paired with an advisor. When you get to the quote stage, you’ll be connected to a disability insurance advisor who will walk you through your options.
- Well-rounded view of its carriers. The broker highlights the pros and cons of each insurer it works with.
- No online quotes. To compare carriers and rates, you’ll need to speak to an advisor.
- Limited list of insurers. LeverageRX works with an impressive but small number of insurers.
How do I sign up for LeverageRX disability insurance?
You can start the process online. These are the steps:
- Go to the LeverageRX website. On the homepage, click For individuals, then Disability insurance.
- Select your gender and medical specialty, and enter your annual income. Click Get a free quote.
- Fill out details about your career, including where you’re employed and how long you’ve been practicing. Click Next.
- Enter your personal and contact information, and answer basic questions about your health and tobacco use. Click Next.
- Using the interactive calendar, schedule a meeting with a disability insurance advisor. The advisor will explain your coverage options and help you to find a policy that suits your needs and budget.