We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
Get an initial loan of up to $250 from LendUp and look forward to increasing your credit over time
LendUp offers a unique borrowing platform where you can rebuild your credit history as you move up the LendUp Ladder and take free financial education courses.
They report your payments to the credit major bureaus at the top two levels (optionally at Platinum and automatically at Prime), which could eventually improve your credit history.
Earning points is as simple as making on-time loan payments, taking the free financial education courses and referring friends to the service.
|Min Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250|
|Loan Term||7–30 days|
|Turnaround Time||generally receive the money the next business day|
|Costs||Depends on your state, loan product, loan amount and the term of the loan.|
|Requirements||Be 18+ years of age and have a checking account that can accept electronic transfers.|
- Proof of income.
- A social security number.
- A checking account that can accept electronic transfers.
Why a LendUp loan might work for you
LendUp loans have received positive mention from CNN, TIME, Wired and Financial Times. While these loans are essentially short-term payday loans, they come with a number of unique features.
- Good credit not required. LendUp approves people with poor credit. Their mission is to provide money to qualified applicants when they need it.
- Instant decision on loan. Applying takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly after submitting your application.
- Credit education. LendUp offers free credit education courses through its website where everyone (whether they’re customers or not) can learn about topics including credit-related rights, how to establish credit, how to go through their credit reports and how to find out about the true cost of borrowing.
- Online personal dashboard. You can check your loan’s status at any time by signing into LendUp’s online platform.
How does borrowing from LendUp work?
LendUp loans follow a unique ladder system where borrowers may choose to improve their credit by successfully borrowing and paying back short-term loans.
You can borrow anywhere from $100 to $250 your first time. Depending on when you get paid, your term could range from 7–30 days.
Once you repay your first loan, you can earn points that place you higher on the LendUp Ladder. If you’re eligible to move up the ladder, you may be able to borrow more money for a longer term and at a lower rate.
How do LendUp payday loans compare?
What are the costs of borrowing from LendUp?
Like all loans, there are fees you have to pay in addition to the principal amount you borrow. You can find out how much you’ll end up paying by going through the list of fees and charges detailed on LendUp’s website and on your loan offer document once you’ve been pre-approved.
Depending on where you live, you might have to pay a Credit Access Business (CAB) fee.
In additional to the normal costs, you might have to pay fees if you make a late payment or miss one entirely. Always be sure you’ll be able to repay a loan before you take it out.
How to apply for a loan from LendUp
If you live in one of the following states and meet the eligibility criteria below, you can apply for a LendUp loan today: CA, LA, MS, MO, OH, SC, TN, TX, WI. It takes just a few minutes to apply online.
- Be at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- Have a valid checking account
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Reside in one of the following states: California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.
- Personal details, including your name, date of birth and social security number
- Contact details, including your home address, email address, and phone number
- Financial details, including your account numbers
LendUp credit card
You may have come across information about LendUp’s new credit card offer. Unlike secured credit cards, LendUp’s card doesn’t require a deposit for you to apply. However, the card isn’t open to everyone. You’ll have to sign up for updates about the card through your email and wait for a promo code. Once you have one, you can start the process of applying.
Normally, credit cards require you to have nearly perfect credit in order to apply with for a decent interest rate. If you’re trying to rebuild your credit but don’t have access to the resources you need, it can be nearly impossible to qualify. LendUp works differently. It developed a system of low payments that are reported to the three major financial bureaus so you can start improving your score right away, and you won’t have to worry about over limit fees and hidden costs. In addition, you’ll have access to LendUp’s financial videos that can teach you all you need to know about borrowing smartly and safely.
Like all forms of credit, be careful when applying. If you’re approved, you’ll be required to pay interest on everything you borrow. It may not be as much as other short-term credit products, but if you don’t budget with the interest in mind, you can damage your credit even further.