Get an initial loan of up to $250 from LendUp and look forward to increasing your credit over time
LendUp offers a unique borrowing platform where you can rebuild your credit history as you move up the LendUp Ladder and take free financial education courses.
They report your payments to the credit major bureaus at the top two levels (optionally at Platinum and automatically at Prime), which could eventually improve your credit history.
Earning points is as simple as making on-time loan payments, taking the free financial education courses and referring friends to the service.
LendUp is accepting new applications in the following states only: CA, LA, MS, MO, OH, TN, TX, WI.
|Min Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250|
|Loan Term||7–30 days|
|Turnaround Time||generally receive the money the next business day|
|Costs||Depends on your state, loan product, loan amount and the term of the loan.|
|Requirements||Be 18+ years of age and have a checking account that can accept electronic transfers.|
- Proof of income.
- A social security number.
- A checking account that can accept electronic transfers.
Why a LendUp loan might work for you
LendUp loans have received positive mention from CNN, TIME, Wired and Financial Times. While these loans are essentially short-term payday loans, they come with a number of unique features.
- Good credit not required. LendUp approves people with poor credit. Their mission is to provide money to qualified applicants when they need it.
- Instant decision on loan. Applying takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly after submitting your application.
- Credit education. LendUp offers free credit education courses through its website where everyone (whether they’re customers or not) can learn about topics including credit-related rights, how to establish credit, how to go through their credit reports and how to find out about the true cost of borrowing.
- Online personal dashboard. You can check your loan’s status at any time by signing into LendUp’s online platform.
How does borrowing from LendUp work?
LendUp loans follow a unique ladder system where borrowers may choose to improve their credit by successfully borrowing and paying back short-term loans.
You can borrow anywhere from $100 to $250 your first time. Depending on when you get paid, your term could range from 7–30 days.
Once you repay your first loan, you can earn points that place you higher on the LendUp Ladder. If you’re eligible to move up the ladder, you may be able to borrow more money for a longer term and at a lower rate.
How do LendUp Payday Loans compare?
What are the costs of borrowing from LendUp?
Like all loans, there are fees you have to pay in addition to the principal amount you borrow. You can find out how much you’ll end up paying by going through the list of fees and charges detailed on LendUp’s website and on your loan offer document once you’ve been pre-approved.
Depending on where you live, you might have to pay a Credit Access Business (CAB) fee.
In additional to the normal costs, you might have to pay fees if you make a late payment or miss one entirely. Always be sure you’ll be able to repay a loan before you take it out.
How to apply for a loan from LendUp
If you live in one of the following states and meet the eligibility criteria below, you can apply for a LendUp loan today: CA, LA, MS, MO, OH, TN, TX, WI. It takes just a few minutes to apply online.
- Be at least 18 years old (varies by state)
- Have a valid checking account
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the US
- Personal details, including your name, date of birth and social security number
- Contact details, including your home address, email address, and phone number
- Financial details, including your account numbers
Are payday loans available in my state?
Frequently asked questions
What kind of bank account do I need to apply?
To apply for a LendUp Loan, you’ll need to have a checking account that accepts ACH transfers. Unfortunately, prepaid debit cards and savings accounts cannot be used.
How can I find out about my application’s status?
After you complete your application, you simply have to log in and visit LendUp’s customized dashboard.
How long does it take for LendUp to transfer funds to my account?
It depends on the delivery option you choose. Among LendUp’s choices, you’ll find:
- Standard delivery. LendUp processes and funds approved loans through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) weekdays by 5 p.m. PST. While many banks post funds the next day, it could take a day or two for you to see your money.
- 15-Minute Transfer. Available in select states, this optional service allows you to choose a third-party service that can transfer funds to your bank within 15 minutes of your application’s approval. LendUp does not guarantee 15-minute delivery. Actual deposit times vary by bank. You’ll also pay a fee for this service that depends on your specific loan.
- Same-day transfers for Wells Fargo customers only. If you have a Wells Fargo checking account, you can pay a fee for a same-day deposit as long as you complete an application by 11 a.m. PST on business days only. Your funds should appear in your bank account by 2 p.m. PST the same day.
After paying off my first loan, how quickly can I apply for another?
Once you pay your first LendUp loan completely, there is usually a waiting period of three to four days before you can apply for another loan. There may be other restrictions as well depending on your state.
How do I make payments?
An automatic payment program draws funds from the same account where you receive your money in the first place. They also accept payment by MoneyGram and personal check.