Get an initial loan of up to $250, and then you could look forward to lower rates, in eligible states, over time
LendUp, headquartered in San Francisco, CA, has licenses in a number of states including AL, CA, FL, ID, IL, IN, HI, KS, LA, MO, MS, NM, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WY. They are Credit Services Organization in OH and TX.
|Product Name||LendUp Payday Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250|
|Loan Term||7 - 30 days|
|Turnaround Time||1 business day|
|Total Cost of Borrowing $100||Varies depending on the loan terms and your state of residence|
LendUp offers a unique borrowing platform where you could rebuild your credit history as you move up its LendUp Ladder in eligible states. You can also take advantage of LendUp’s free financial education.
Over time, in those eligible states, you can earn points to climb the LendUp Ladder to apply for larger loans at lower rates. Credit reporting to the major bureaus is offered at the top two levels (optionally at Platinum and automatically at Prime), which could eventually increase your credit history. Earning points is as simple as making on-time loan payments, taking our free financial education courses and referring friends who borrow from us.
- Product Name: LendUp Payday Loans
- Loan Term: Up to 30 days
- APR: Varies depending on the loan terms and your state of residence
- First time borrower maximum: $250
Is LendUp Available In Your State?
LendUp is available in the following states: AL, CA, FL, ID, IL, IN, HI, KS, LA, MO, MS, NM, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WY.
Borrowing from LendUp
LendUp loans in eligible states follow a unique ladder system, where borrowers could potentially climb up the ladder with every subsequent loan they take on and repay completely.
- Short-term Loans. The maximum you can borrow through your first LendUp loan is $250, and you can take between seven and 30 days to repay this amount completely. The minimum you can borrow is $100 and, if available in your state, once you reach the prime level, you may be able to borrow more. Once you repay your first loan, you earn points, which work to get you higher up the LendUp Ladder. If you’re eligible able to move up the ladder you may be able to borrow more money the next time around for a longer period of time and at a lower rate. Please see https://www.lendup.com/ladder for eligibility in your state
How do LendUp Payday Loans compare?
Why should you consider taking out a LendUp Loan?
LendUp loans have found positive mention through CNN, TIME, Wired, and Financial Times, and not without reason. While these loans are essentially short-term payday loans, they come with a number of features that are worth mentioning:
- Good credit not required. LendUp has approved people with poor credit. Their mission is to provide money to qualified applicants when they need it.
- Instant decision on loan. The application takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly.
- Credit education. LendUp offers free credit education courses through its website, where everyone (whether they’re customers or not) can learn about topics including credit-related rights, how to establish credit, how to go through their credit reports, find out about the true cost of borrowing.
- Online personal dashboard. You can check your loan’s status at any time by signing into LendUp’s online platform.
The costs of borrowing from LendUp
All loans that LendUp provides have fees that you have to pay along with the principal amount you borrow. You can find out just how much you’ll end up paying by going through the list of fees and charges detailed on the website. Depending on where you live, you might have to pay a Credit Access Business (CAB) fee, and in case of insufficient funds in your account, you’ll have to pay an NSF fee.
Are LendUp loans safe?
LendUp only does business in states where it’s licensed, and it does so in accordance to the rules and regulations that pertain to loans in that state. It also offers help over the phone and via email through its call center.
How to apply for a loan from LendUp
You can apply for a LendUp loan online, with the process taking around five to 10 minutes. Make sure you meet the certain requirements.
- You have a valid checking account
- You are a permanent resident or a citizen of the US
During the application process, you may also be asked to provide the following documentation:
- Personal details including your name, date of birth, and social security number
- Contact details including your home address, email address, and phone number
- Details about your financial situation
Frequently asked questions
What kind of bank account do I need to apply?
To apply for a LendUp Loan, you’ll need to have a checking account that accepts ACH transfers. Unfortunately, prepaid debit cards and savings accounts cannot be used.
How can I find out about my application’s status?
After you complete your application, you simply have to login and visit LendUp’s customized dashboard for this information.
How long does it take for the money to be transferred to my account?
You have the option to choose your preferred deposit method:
- Standard/Next Business Day: We process approved loans and send the transaction to your bank via ACH at 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday (excluding federal banking holidays). Banks typically post the funds to your account by the next business day; actual posting time depends on your bank and may, in some cases, take more than one business day.
- 15-Minute Transfer: 15-Minute Transfer is an optional service available to customers in select states wherein if your debit card is supported, you may choose a third-party service that enables LendUp Loan funds to be transferred to your bank within 15 minutes of application approval. Your bank determines when the funds are available to you; usually it’s soon after it receives the funds, but it may be longer. Use of 15-Minute Transfer is not required for a LendUp Loan, and an additional fee will apply. We will provide an estimate of the amount of the third-party fee, but the actual amount may vary depending on your repayment schedule, changes to the outstanding balance that you and we may agree to, and other factors. Please note Standard/Next Business Day funding is always available, even if 15-Minute Transfer is not available in your state.
- 15-Minute Transfer is available in AL, ID, IN, ME, MO, MS, NM, and UT
- Same-Day (Wells Fargo only): If you have a Wells Fargo checking account, you are eligible to select our Same Day deposit service (as long as you complete the application process before 11 a.m. PT on business days only). Your funds should appear in your bank account by 2 p.m. PT the same day. Additional fees may apply.
- Same-Day funding is available in AL, ID, IN, ME, MO, MS, NM, and UT
After paying off my first loan, how quickly can I apply for another?
Once you pay your first LendUp loan completely, there is usually a waiting period of three to four days before you can apply for another loan. There may be other restrictions as well, depending on your state.
How do I make payments?
An automatic payment program draws funds from the same account where you receive your money in the first place. They also accept payment by MoneyGram and personal check.