Get an initial loan of up to $250, and then you could look forward to lower rates, in eligible states, over time
LendUp offers up to $250 for first time borrowers. You can also take advantage of LendUp’s free financial education.
|Product Name||LendUp Payday Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250|
|Loan Term||7–30 days|
|Turnaround Time||Generally receive the money the next business day|
|Costs||Depends on your state, loan product, loan amount and the term of the loan.|
|Requirements||Be 18+ years of age (19 years of age in Alabama)|
- Proof of income.
- A social security number.
- A checking account that can accept electronic transfers.
Over time, you can earn points to climb the LendUp Ladder to apply for larger loans at lower rates. Credit reporting to the major bureaus is offered at the top two levels (optionally at Platinum and automatically at Prime), which could eventually increase your credit history.
Earning points is as simple as making on-time loan payments, taking the free financial education courses and referring friends to the service.
Borrowing from LendUp
LendUp loans follow a unique ladder system where borrowers may choose to improve their credit by successfully borrowing and paying back short-term loans.
You can borrow anywhere from $100 to $250 with a loan term ranging from 7 to 30 days.
Once you repay your first loan, you can earn points that help place you higher up the LendUp Ladder. If you’re eligible to move up the ladder, you may be able to borrow more money for a longer term and at a lower rate.
How do LendUp Payday Loans compare?
Why a LendUp loan might work for you
LendUp loans have received positive mention from CNN, TIME, Wired and Financial Times. While these loans are essentially short-term payday loans, they come with a number of unique features.
- Good credit not required. LendUp approves people with poor credit. Their mission is to provide money to qualified applicants when they need it.
- Instant decision on loan. The application takes no more than a few minutes to complete, and you can find out if you’re approved instantly.
- Credit education. LendUp offers free credit education courses through its website where everyone (whether they’re customers or not) can learn about topics including credit-related rights, how to establish credit, how to go through their credit reports and how to find out about the true cost of borrowing.
- Online personal dashboard. You can check your loan’s status at any time by signing into LendUp’s online platform.
The costs of borrowing from LendUp
All loans that LendUp provides have fees that you have to pay in addition to the principal amount you borrow. You can find out how much you’ll end up paying by going through the list of fees and charges detailed on the website.
Depending on where you live, you might have to pay a Credit Access Business (CAB) fee.
There will be an NSF fee if you make a late or missing payment. Always be sure you’ll be able to repay a loan before you take it out.
How to apply for a loan from LendUp
You can apply for a LendUp loan online. The process only takes about 10 minutes if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents close at hand.
- At least 18 years old (varies by state)
- A valid checking account
- Permanent resident or citizen of the US
- Personal details, including your name, date of birth and social security number
- Contact details, including your home address, email address, and phone number
- Financial details, including your account numbers
Frequently asked questions
What kind of bank account do I need to apply?
To apply for a LendUp Loan, you’ll need to have a checking account that accepts ACH transfers. Unfortunately, prepaid debit cards and savings accounts cannot be used.
How can I find out about my application’s status?
After you complete your application, you simply have to log in and visit LendUp’s customized dashboard.
How long does it take for LendUp to transfer funds to my account?
It depends on the delivery option you choose. Among LendUp’s choices, you’ll find:
- Standard delivery. LendUp processes and funds approved loans through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) weekdays by 5 p.m. PT. While many banks post funds the next day, it could take a day or two for you to see your money.
- 15-Minute Transfer. Available in select states, this optional service allows you to choose a third-party service that can transfer funds to your bank within 15 minutes of your application’s approval. LendUp does not guarantee 15-minute delivery, however: Actual deposit times vary by bank. You’ll also pay a fee for this service that depends on your specific loan.
- Same-day transfers for Wells Fargo customers only. If you have a Wells Fargo checking account, you can pay a fee for a same-day deposit as long as you complete an application by 11 a.m. PT on business days only. Your funds should appear in your bank account by 2 p.m. PT the same day.
After paying off my first loan, how quickly can I apply for another?
Once you pay your first LendUp loan completely, there is usually a waiting period of three to four days before you can apply for another loan. There may be other restrictions as well, depending on your state.
How do I make payments?
An automatic payment program draws funds from the same account where you receive your money in the first place. They also accept payment by MoneyGram and personal check.