finder.com’s rating: 2.0 / 5.0
Connect with vetted lenders on mortgages of up to 30 years with this online lending giant.
Purchasing property, leveraging home equity and exploring home refinancing options can be overwhelming. No matter what type of home loan product you’re in the market for, knowing what to expect throughout the financing process is key.
LendingTree is a free online loan marketplace — not a direct provider. Rather than fund home financing products directly, it connects borrowers to partnered lenders through a simple, online form. The only fees you’ll pay are those associated with the loan you select.
|Loan types||Purchase, Refinance, Home Equity, HELOC, Jumbo, Reverse, Fixed, Adjustable, FHA, VA, USDA|
|Minimum down payment||3.5%|
|Other fees||While LendingTree’s service is free to use, there will likely be fees associated with your home loan. These fees vary by lender but often include an origination fee and prepayment fees. A good rule of thumb is to budget at least 0.5% to 1% of the amount you borrow for the loan origination fee.|
- Compare rates from a number of lenders.
- Get alerts when a better deal is available.
- Simple application.
- Contact info shared with lenders.
Trustpilot awards LendingTree a score of 9.3 out of 10. The Better Business Bureau gives LendingTree an A+ rating.
The most common complaint among LendingTree borrowers? An inundation of phone calls and emails from potential lenders. After completing the online form with LendingTree, your contact information is shared with LendingTree’s partnered loan providers.
If you choose LendingTree, prepare for lenders to contact you with potential loan offers, or consider filling it out with a secondary email address or phone number instead of submitting your main contact info.
Do I qualify for a loan with LendingTree?
To be eligible for a home loan through LendingTree, you’ll need a minimum credit score of at least 620.
Additional lending criteria, such as minimum annual income and down payment amounts, vary by lender.
Compare to other lenders
What can I expect with a mortgage through Lendingtree?
- Maximum loans. The Federal Housing Finance Agency limits conforming home loans to a maximum of $424,100. Anything in excess of this amount is considered a nonconforming jumbo loan. The maximum you can access depends on the lender you select.
- Loan-to-value ratios. Accepted loan-to-value ratios differ by lender and type of loan you select. Use LendingTree’s online calculator to estimate loan-to-value ratios.
- Flexible repayments. Some home loans allow you to make interest-only payments. Check with your loan provider to learn more about repayment schedules and available options.
- Discounts. Some lenders offer closing cost discounts that depend on the type of home loan you choose.
Pros and cons
- Simple form. Complete a short online questionnaire to get started.
- Competitive loan offers. LendingTree compiles your most competitive loan offers, which makes it easy for you to evaluate and compare your mortgage rates and options.
- 1,500+ lenders with reviews. These partnered lenders offer access to a large portfolio of lending options, and you can compare lender ratings and reviews from verified customers for a more informed decision.
- Alerts on better deals. If LendingTree finds a better rate than your current loan, it sends an alert to your LendingTree account.
- Contact info shared with lenders. LendingTree sends your contact info to potential lenders to get in touch with you. Unfortunately, this also means lenders can flood your inbox and voicemail with marketing emails and offers even after you’ve chosen a lender.
How do I get started?
- Minimum personal credit score of 620
- Your full name and personal contact information
- Your Social Security number
- Your credit score range
- Your date of birth
- Your current address
I got the loan. Now what?
- Review your loan agreement. Make sure you understand the ins and outs of your loan by reviewing the fine print of your agreement.
- Check for new offers. Even after you’ve accepted an offer from a partnered lender, LendingTree continues to hunt for more competitive rates on your loan.
- Get support. Customer service is available Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST, Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Free to try and simple to use, LendingTree makes it easy to shop around for your best loan, even after you’ve signed on the dotted line.
If you’re looking to save the hassle of comparing your loan options, LendingTree can help you access partnered lenders and home loans you qualify for.
Frequently asked questions about LendingTree
Home loans ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top home loan providers and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: rates and fees, customer reviews and borrower experience.