This online loan marketplace can help you find an auto loan with competitive rates.
LendingTree is a loan connection service that can connect you to one of its trusted lending partners with a single online form. Letting LendingTree do the legwork means you can spend more time comparing offers — and getting one within your budget.
|Product Name||LendingTree Auto Loans|
|APR||Starting at 2.29%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||Must be a US citizen and 18+ years old. Must have good to excellent credit.|
What makes LendingTree unique?
LendingTree allows you to compare a wide variety of potential auto loan offers in place, including refinance, new car purchase, used car purchase and lease buyout. After inputting your information, you’ll see live rates based on today’s market.
How does LendingTree make money?
LendingTree makes money by sharing your information and auto loan needs with its network of lenders. It may also get a commission when you ultimately choose a lender and sign a contract.
What are LendingTree auto loans?
LendingTree can connect you with lenders that offer different kinds of car loans. You may be able to get a loan for a new vehicle, for a used car or to refinance your current auto loan at a lower rate.
For new car loans, rates typically range from 2.29% to 3.99% and up to 84 months. Used car loans tend to come with slightly higher APRs. Some of these loans require a down payment.
What are the benefits of LendingTree auto loans?
- One simple form. You won’t have to fill out multiple documents to get multiple offers.
- A lot of options. LendingTree’s network could open up options you may not otherwise have considered.
- Multiple financing types. Whether you’re looking to purchase a car or refinance an existing auto loans, LendingTree has offers available.
What to watch out for
LendingTree connects you to lenders by sharing the information you provide, including contact information, financial details and your car model.
- Complaints about phone calls and emails. Even after you’ve accepted a loan offer through LendingTree, you may still receive phone calls and emails from lenders vying for your business.
- Not all options are good options. Depending on your credit history, you may receive offers that aren’t competitive. You may want to compare car loans outside of LendingTree to get a full picture of what you might be eligible for.
Compare more auto loan providers
Am I eligible?
Eligibility requirements will vary by lender, but you typically must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a US resident.
- Have good to excellent credit.
- Finance an eligible vehicle based on the lender’s criteria.
What do I need to get started?
After you submit your information to LendingTree’s site, lenders will contact you with potential loan offers. According to LendingTree’s website, your lender will likely ask you for your:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- Most recent income tax return
- Bank statements
- Information about your employer
- Information about the type of car you’re financing
- Legal documentation of residency
The lender will review your information and approve or deny your request for an auto loan within several days to two weeks.
I got an auto loan from LendingTree. Now what?
- Understand all terms and conditions before signing a contract. If you’re approved, carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm they match with what you originally agreed to with the lender. Make sure that you understand potential fees — like origination or early repayment fees — to avoid any surprises down the road.
- Avoid unnecessary late payment penalties. Consider setting it up to ensure that you don’t miss a payment.
LendingTree could be a good fit for potential car buyers who want personalized offers through a streamlined process. However, some users complain about receiving calls and emails even after they’ve chosen a lender.
If you’re unsure about LendingTree, you can compare your options to find an auto loan that fits your specific needs.