LendingTree personal loans service review
This top service helps you find lenders — but rates can be high if you don't have good credit.
finder.com’s rating: 4.6 / 5.0
- Best for comparing multiple offers by filling out one online form.
- Pick something else if you don’t have good to excellent credit.
Max. Loan Amount
Starting from 3.99%
Good to excellent credit
Min. Credit Score
|Product Name||LendingTree personal loans|
|Min. Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
|APR||Starting from 3.99%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min. Credit Score||Good to excellent credit|
|Loan Term||Varies based on lender|
|Turnaround Time||If you apply during work hours on a business day you can get access to approved funds within 24 hours.|
Aliyyah Camp is a writer and personal finance blogger who helps readers compare personal, student, car and business loans. Aliyyah earned a BA in communication from the University of Pennsylvania and is based in New York, where she enjoys movies and running outdoors.
LendingTree’s personal loan connection service is ideal for borrowers with good to excellent credit looking for the best deal available to them. You can compare offers from multiple lenders by filling out just one online form. Rates start low at just 3.99% — and amounts cap out at a hefty $50,000.
But you’ll need to look elsewhere if you have less-than-perfect credit. And you might be on the hook for an origination fee, though it varies by lender. You also might have to field phone calls and emails from its network of partners — even after you take out a loan.
Want to apply with a lender directly? Compare other options below.
First, am I eligible?
Before you apply for a loan through LendingTree, check if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be an American citizen, a permanent resident or in the US on a valid long-term visa.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid bank account.
- Multiple offers with one online form
- Low APR for borrowers with excellent credit
- Loans up to $50,000
- High ratings on BBB and Trustpilot
- Not a direct lender
- May be on the hook for an origination fee
- Good to excellent credit required
- May have to field phone calls and emails from its network of partners
Compare other personal loan providers
How do I apply?
- Click the Go to LendingTree button to start the application.
- Select your loan purpose and how much you want to borrow.
- Follow the prompts, entering information about your address, credit score, employment and income.
- Select if you want to apply with a coborrower. If so, complete the prompts with their personal information.
- Enter your full name, phone number and email address.
- Create a password for your LendingTree account.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, then click See Your Results to submit your application.
What information do I need to apply?
To complete the process successfully, prepare to part with the following information:
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Estimated credit score range
- Annual income before taxes
What happens after I apply?
LendingTree will process your application and email you with a list of lenders that may suit your borrowing needs. From here, compare your options. If you find a lender you like, you can complete its application to see if you qualify for a loan. Processing time will vary by lender and the purpose of your loan funds.
How do repayments work with LendingTree?
Because LendingTree isn’t a lender, you won’t make repayments to it. Instead, check your lender’s repayment policy for information on repayment methods and potential fees for late payments.
Want to apply with a lender directly? Check out our guide to personal loans to compare your other options.
Frequently asked questions
Personal loan ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top personal loan providers and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: rates and fees, customer reviews, loan amounts, loan processing and borrower experience.