What everybody ought to know about LendingTree and the personal loans it provides
finder.com’s rating: 3.6 / 5.0
LendingTree offers loan matching services that connect you with one of its trusted lending partners. This lets you receive offers from multiple lenders through a single online form. Letting LendingTree do the leg-work means you can spend more time comparing offers and making sure that what you get is within your budget.
|Product Name||LendingTree Personal Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$50,000|
|APR||Varies by lender|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||You must be an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US. You must be at least 18 years of age and have a regular source of income.|
- Easy online process.
- Receive multiple offers based on your needs.
- Loan amounts vary by lender.
- APR varies by lender.
- May sell your details as a lead to other brokers.
Do I qualify?
LendingTree is a broker, so the eligibility criteria for a loan may vary depending on the lender. Generally, you must be an American citizen, permanent resident or in the US on a valid long-term visa, 18 years or older and have a valid bank account.
How does borrowing from LendingTree work?
LendingTree works by connecting you with one or more of the trusted lenders in its network. These loans come from top quality lenders, not from payday loan providers.
You can receive more than one offer from different lenders, and can then choose among them. Just because you have received offers does not obligate you to take one, though.
Once you accept a loan, how you use proceeds from is entirely up to you. The fixed rates these loans attract ensure your payments remain the same through the course of the loan term.
Why should I consider a getting a personal loan from LendingTree?
If you’re thinking about getting a personal loan through LendingTree, review the following:
- Easy online form. You can complete LendingTree’s online personal loan questionnaire in minutes, as long as you have all the required information close at hand.
- Multiple offers. Once you submit your information, you get multiple offers almost immediately. Go through these offers and choose the one that suits you best.
- Low APR. Multiple factors affect the APR that lenders offer to you, and your creditworthiness plays an important role. If you have a good to excellent credit score, you may be able to score a low APR.
- Varied loan amount. Depending on your need you can borrow from $1,000 to $50,000 through a LendingTree loan form. The maximum you qualify for depends on factors such as your credit rating, your existing financial situation and your ability to repay.
- Get funds quickly. If you submit your request during working hours on a business day you may get access to approved funds by the following business day.
- Use money for any purpose. There are no restrictions on how you can use proceeds from your loan. Some examples of what you can do with this money include consolidating existing debt, paying for home or car repairs, taking a vacation, paying for wedding expenses, relocating and making major purchases.
Compare LendingTree with other loan matching services
What other products does LendingTree offer?
LendingTree lets you compare offers for these types of credit as well:
|Type of finance||Uses||Term of finance||Secured or unsecured|
|Personal loans||Almost anything you can think of. Debt consolidation, credit card consolidation, major purchases, vacation, wedding, moving and even medical expenses can be covered with these loans.||1 to 10 years||Unsecured|
|Home mortgages||Buy a single family home, a multiple family dwelling home, a condo, a townhouse, or a mobile home.||15 or 30 years, fixed||Secured. Your home works as collateral.|
|Mortgage refinancing||Trade equity you’ve built in your home for cash.||15 or 30 years, fixed||Secured. Your home is also used as collateral for this loan.|
|Auto loans||Buy a new or used car, refinance one you already have or buy out a lease. Also available for boat, RV and motorcycles.||12 to 72 months||Secured. Your car works as collateral.|
|Small business loans||Sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies can finance their business.||Up to 40 years, depending on the lender||Secured. Collateral options depend on the loan, but can range from equipment or the building your business operates out of to personal assets.|
|Credit cards||Personal, student and business credit cards are available to suit your individual needs. You can also filter by credit score, balance transfers, cash back, travel, 0% APR, no foreign transaction fees, rewards and those with no annual fee||Ongoing||Unsecured|
How much will I pay for a personal loan through LendingTree?
Always compare the offered APR for each potential loan before you sign any contracts. Because you’re getting offers from several different lenders, each will have its own fee structure, terms and repayment options. While LendingTree does not charge fees for its services, lenders may charge origination fees, so be sure to ask about all associated costs before accepting a loan.
More about LendingTree loans
How can I get a loan through LendingTree?
Finding a personal loan through LendingTree requires that you visit its website. To begin now, simply click on the “Go to Site” button. Before you do, check if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be an American citizen, a permanent resident or in the US on a valid long-term visa.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid bank account.
To complete the process successfully, prepare to part with the following information:
- Your name, contact information and date of birth.
- How much you want to borrow and the purpose of the loan.
- Your credit score range.
- Your individual annual income.
Frequently asked questions
Personal loan ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top personal loan providers and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: rates and fees, customer reviews, loan amounts, loan processing and borrower experience.