LegalMatch Real Estate Lawyer Matching Service Review |

LegalMatch Real Estate Review

We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.

If you’re in need of a real estate lawyer but you’re not quite sure where to look, LegalMatch is a great place to start.

Real estate can be confusing. Whether it’s related to deed/title, mortgage issues or zoning disputes, there are many common real estate problems that may arise that might require the expertise of a lawyer. LegalMatch can help simplify the often difficult and time-consuming process of finding legal representation. LegalMatch will use your case information to help you find a lawyer that specializes in the specific real estate niche with which you need help.

Product Information

Company Name: LegalMatch
Cost to use service: Using the LegalMatch website is free, but does not include the cost of hiring the lawyer you are matched with.
Turnaround Time: 20 minutes to present your case, 1-3 business days to be matched with lawyers in your area.
Legal Categories: LegalMatch can match you with lawyers that specialize in all legal areas of real estate, including:

  • Title/Deed
  • Mortgages
  • Zoning/Land Use
  • Foreclosures
  • Landlord/Tenant
  • Construction Disputes
  • … and more

Features and Benefits of LegalMatch

  • Free service- LegalMatch does not charge for their lawyer-matching services. It is completely free, but this does not include the cost of hiring your lawyer – be prepared that the services your lawyer would provide are not free.
  • Online law library- LegalMatch has a fairly large online library that provides important information on many types of law.
  • Pay structure required by lawyers- Lawyers are required to include their pay structure when responding to potential clients, that way there are no costly surprises.
  • Legal center- LegalMatch offers a comprehensive guide full of links to helpful resources such as sites with legal advice, forums, a legal dictionary and much more.
  • LegalMatch blog- A variety of interesting and helpful articles related to different aspects of law are also available.
  • Licensed lawyers- Only licensed lawyers with a good reputation are accepted into the LegalMatch program.
  • Backed by Bar Associations- LegalMatch is endorsed by Bar Associations in many states, including Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Totally free?

LegalMatch does not charge for using the service. It is completely free and confidential. However, this does not include the cost of hiring your lawyer – be prepared that the services your lawyer would provide are not free.

What to watch out for

In our research there weren’t too many complaints from users of the site. However, we did find some lawyers who have had a negative experience with LegalMatch. Most complaints from lawyers revolved around the way they were advertised of the site’s services, which was often through unsolicited emails. Some of these unsolicited emails contained examples of charges filed against individuals and their location. If the examples were real, that could be a privacy concern (though no names were used in the examples).

Need legal advice?

Rocket Lawyer

Get legal assistance from Rocket Lawyer

Rocket Lawyer gives you access to legal documents, legal advice and representation seamlessly.

  • User friendly legal documents
  • Unlimited revisions and copies
  • Digital access to all of your legal documents
  • Document Defense® protection

    Who would benefit from LegalMatch services?

    Finding legal representation can oftentimes feel like a shot in the dark. This is especially true if you’ve recently moved to a new city or if your legal troubles are somewhere other than your area of residence. Another issue people come across when trying to find a lawyer is well-meaning but ill-informed referrals from friends and co-workers. LegalMatch makes it easy to avoid all of these inconveniences and find a licensed lawyer in your area.

    How LegalMatch works

    Since LegalMatch uses an online platform to match consumers with lawyers, you will need to have a recent version of an internet browser that supports LegalMatch, these include: Firefox 3.6, Internet Explorer 8, Safari 4, and Google Chrome 4. Once you’re sure your internet browser is up-to-date, you’re ready to get started.

    Step 1- Present your case. It takes about 20 minutes to fill out all of the required information.
    Step 2- Lawyers in your area will be notified of your case. In about 1-3 business days you will start to get responses from different lawyers in your area.
    Step 3- Compare Lawyers. You can view and compare the lawyers’ profiles to determine which lawyer is best suited for your specific needs.
    Step 4- Selecting a Lawyer. Once you select a lawyer, you will begin to meet with them for consultations and to discuss the details of your case more in-depth.

    As you can see, the process is quick and simple and will save you a lot of time. It’s a much faster alternative to researching each lawyer individually, making phone calls and scheduling consultations.

    Some helpful real estate terms:

    Real Estate Broker: A person who is authorized to act as an agent for a buyer or seller in a land transaction.
    Disclosure: A written statement revealing all of the property’s known defects.
    Deed: A legal document stating who has the legal right to possess the property.
    Title: A document stating the owner has lawful possession of the property.
    Variance: A variance allows a property to be excused from current zoning ordinances.
    Nonconforming Use: An exemption for a structure that was built before the current zoning ordinance was put in place.

    Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

    Ask an Expert

    You are about to post a question on

    • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
    • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
    • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
    • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked provides guides and information on a range of products and services. Because our content is not financial advice, we suggest talking with a professional before you make any decision.

    By submitting your comment or question, you agree to our Privacy and Cookies Policy and Terms of Use.

    Questions and responses on are not provided, paid for or otherwise endorsed by any bank or brand. These banks and brands are not responsible for ensuring that comments are answered or accurate.

    10 Responses

    1. Default Gravatar
      AndrewApril 26, 2018

      I bought a cabin in North Carolina 10 years ago. The property is appraised below at or below market value. I want to sell but the other owner does not want to because of the costs involved. Her adult daughter would like to assume our share of the property so we can be clear of monthly payments but I am still ultimately responsible for the deed and mortgage . She suggested that I quick claim deed to her daughter. However as much as I trust her daughter I suspect that I will still be ultimately responsible for the deed and the mortgage. Is it better for me to do a land contract to protect myself? Or do you have any other ideas ?

      • Avatarfinder Customer Care
        RichApril 26, 2018Staff

        Hello Andrew.

        Thanks for posting on Finder.

        A Deed of Conveyance could be the best route in your situation. One example of a Deed of Conveyance is a Quit Claim Deed which is often used to drop a name from a property title. This is executed by the property owner, leaving the deed and title to the remaining owners of the property, who wishes to remain on the title. There are several steps needed to execute a Deed of Conveyance. First, you need an agreement on property ownership interest, then obtain a copy of your title deed, execution of the quit claim statement, submit the quit claim statement and obtain a copy for yourself of the quit claim deed.

        You may want to consult to a lawyer on how to go about the steps in greater detail. Visit LegalMatch to get a free consultation with a lawyer.

        Hope this helps.

        All the best,


    2. Default Gravatar
      DavidJuly 24, 2017

      I played off my home some time in 2003 and I was a single parent of two children, I had health issues and put the home in my children names which one was a teen and the other was about 5 years old. The way the lawyer did it is he gave me living rights to the property till death. Now I want to take the oldest child off the deed. How do I go about doing so and if I get a lawyer what price range am I look at for the lawyer fee.

      Thank You.

      • Default Gravatar
        LiezlJuly 29, 2017

        Hi David,

        Thanks for reaching out.

        If you wish to remove your child’s name from the deed, assuming he is not a minor, you may draft a quitclaim deed and have it signed by all the title holders i.e. you and your children, transferring title to you and the younger child. However, the child would not be compelled to do this. In a case of involuntary deed removal or the child is minor, the process will be complicated. You might find our guide on this page helpful. Better yet, seek an advice from a lawyer. As for the fees, that will actually depend on the extent of job and lawyer’s billing rate. You might find some information on this by clicking the “Go to Site” button above.

        Kind regards,

    3. Default Gravatar
      RickyJune 5, 2017

      My girlfriend and I bought some property about six years ago. We have recently paid it off, and recorded the deed in our names. Unfortunately the deed has our last names being the same, but we have different last names. How can this be fixed

      • Avatarfinder Customer Care
        AnndyJuly 6, 2017Staff

        Hi Ricky,

        Thanks for your question.

        Generally, if there are minor mistakes in the deed, you can execute a corrective deed. Such mistakes include misspelled names, incomplete names or omission of marital status and other information. This may or may not apply to you.

        You may want to contact a lawyer who can give you expert advice on the best course of action for your situation. If you want to contact LegalMatch, just click the “go to site” button above.


    4. Default Gravatar
      LisaMay 26, 2017

      I need a lawyer, I bought a apartment last year, i added my boyfriend name on, but I paid for the everything even the load, can I remove his name out of ownership now? How much it will cost ? Thank you


      • Avatarfinder Customer Care
        MayJuly 7, 2017Staff

        Hi Lisa,

        Thanks for reaching out.

        If you need a lawyer recommended by LegalMatch, best to click on the ‘Go to site’ button above so you’d be redirected to their main page. Meantime, the cost of removing someone’s name from the title would vary depending on your location, an attorney can best advise of the possible fees that may be involved in the process.


    5. Default Gravatar
      carolynApril 18, 2017


      • Default Gravatar
        ArnoldJuly 25, 2017

        Hi Carolyn,

        Thanks for your inquiry.

        Your daughter will automatically be the recipient of the properties since she is your legitimate heir.

        Eliminating the ownership rights of those listed on a property deed typically involves removing the names from the deed and from the title. Because some types of property are better suited to specific deeds of conveyance, this process requires knowing more about the type of property you’re discussing.
        A deed of conveyance — such as a quitclaim or warranty deed — is the most common way to remove a name from the property deed. A deed of conveyance is usually completed by the property owner leaving the deed and title to the remaining owners of the property, who intend to remain on the title. Removing a name from the property deed requires five steps.

        1. Discuss property ownership interests.
        2. Access a copy of your title deed.
        3. Complete, review and sign the quitclaim or warranty form.
        4. Submit the quitclaim or warranty form.
        5. Request a certified copy of your quitclaim or warranty deed.

        If the process is too complicated, simply get an expert opinion, use LegalMatch to consult with a lawyer today for free. LegalMatch quickly matches you with the right real estate lawyer to help you go through the process step by step.

        Hope this information helped.


    Go to site