Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.

LegalMatch review

Get legal advice or find a lawyer in your area.

LegalMatch will use your case information to help you find a lawyer that specializes in the specific real estate niche with which you need help.

No reviews yet. Write a review


Includes filing papers with court?
File without spouse
Divorce papers reviewed?


  • Access to a database of pre-screened, licensed lawyers
  • User-friendly online law library
  • No fees to present your case


  • Watch out for lawyers with negative complaints
  • Your case can be rejected by lawyers without any contact

What is LegalMatch?

LegalMatch is a site that can help you find a lawyer in your area with the expertise to take on your specific case.LegalMatch is not a referral service — it won’t choose a lawyer for you. Instead, you post your case information and lawyers who specialize in the area you need can contact you. You’ll be able to see reviews, practice areas and legal experience for each lawyer interested in your case.

How long does it take to get a lawyer?

You’ll generally get responses within 1-3 business days of posting your case.

After you find lawyers interested in your case, how long it takes to make a choice depends on you and the lawyers you interview. You can schedule an initial conversation over the phone or in person, depending on your needs and your potential lawyer’s process.

You can get a lawyer in as little as a couple of days, though it may take longer if you plan to schedule initial consultations with multiple lawyers before choosing one.

What areas of law can I get help with?

LegalMatch can match you with lawyers that specialize in all legal areas of real estate, including:
  • Bankruptcy and finances
  • Business
  • Criminal defense
  • Employment
  • Family
  • Government
  • Immigration
  • Intellectual property
  • Personal injury
  • Products and services
  • Real estate
  • Wills, trusts and estates

What does it cost?

LegalMatch doesn’t charge anything for its services. But any lawyer you find through the site likely will charge you, and those fees are set by each individual lawyer or their firm and will vary.LegalMatch displays fees that you can expect to pay with each lawyer, but it’s also a good idea to ask any potential lawyer about the cost of service during your initial consultation.

Features and benefits of LegalMatch

The site offers a number of additional features, including:

  • Online law library. LegalMatch has a fairly large online library that provides important information on many types of law.
  • Clear pay structure. Lawyers are required to include their pay structure when responding to potential clients, that way there are no costly surprises.
  • Legal center. LegalMatch offers a comprehensive guide full of links to helpful resources such as sites with legal advice, forums, a legal dictionary and more.
  • LegalMatch blog. The site publishes helpful articles related to different aspects of law on its blog.

Can I trust the lawyers I’m matched with?

Only licensed lawyers with a good reputation are accepted into the LegalMatch program. And LegalMatch is endorsed by bar associations in several states, including Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina. It’s also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.

But it’s still up to you to vet any lawyer you’re interested in. Google any lawyers you’re considering hiring to find out what past clients have said, and take the time to set up an initial consultation before hiring any lawyer.

What to watch out for

In our research there weren’t too many complaints from users of the site. However, we did find some lawyers who have had a negative experience with LegalMatch. Most complaints from lawyers involved unsolicited emails and phone calls advertising LegalMatch‘s services.

Some of these unsolicited emails contained examples of charges filed against individuals and their location. If the examples were real, that could be a privacy concern though no names were used in the examples.

Need legal advice?

  • Transfer real estate or property
  • Easy to customize documents
  • Free 7-day trial

Our top pick: Rocket Lawyer Quitclaim Deed

Rocket Lawyer gives you access to legal documents, legal advice and representation seamlessly.

  • Instant access to a library of user friendly legal documents
  • Fast access to a network of certified lawyers
  • Free 30-minute consultations
  • Reduced rates in select services

Who would benefit from LegalMatch services?

If you need legal advice and don’t currently have a lawyer, or you have a lawyer you’re unhappy with, you can benefit from using LegalMatch. But keep in mind that the site just matches you with lawyers in your area who can take your case. It won’t choose the right lawyer for you.

How LegalMatch works

You can get help on LegalMatch by signing up, presenting your case and finding a lawyer.

  1. Present your case. It takes about 20 minutes to fill out all of the required information.
  2. Wait for responses. Lawyers in your area will be notified of your case. In about 1-3 business days you will start to get responses from different lawyers in your area.
  3. Compare lawyers. You can view and compare the lawyers’ profiles to determine which lawyer is best suited for your specific needs.
  4. Choose a lawyer. Once you select a lawyer, you cab meet with them for consultations and to discuss the details of your case more in-depth.

As you can see, the process is quick and simple and will save you a lot of time. It’s a much faster alternative to researching each lawyer individually, making phone calls and scheduling consultations.

Compare legal services

Name Product Pros Cons
Rocket Lawyer
  • Instant access to a library of user friendly legal documents
  • Fast access to a network of certified lawyers
  • Free 30-minute consultations
  • Reduced rates in select services
  • Services can get expensive
Rocket Lawyer gives you access to legal documents, legal advice and representation seamlessly — plus, they offer a seven-day free trial.
  • Coverage for you, your spouse, partner and dependent children
  • Legal advice and representation
  • Letters and phone calls on your behalf
  • Legal document review
  • Add ons can get expensive
LegalShield aims to make comprehensive legal coverage simple.
  • Legal information all in one place
  • Free searches for attorneys
  • Software and documents to streamline legal operations
  • Advice for do-it-yourself legal work
  • It may be difficult to know where to start
Legal forms and online documents, books, & software.
  • Access a database of licensed lawyers based on your legal needs
  • Positively reviewed by customers
  • User-friendly interface
  • Wide range of legal support categories
  • Free review by a document specialist
  • Services can get expensive
LegalZoom provides a simple and quick way to get legal services from qualified attorneys.

Compare up to 4 providers

Bottom line

LegalMatch is one service that can help you find a lawyer for your case — but it’s not your only option. If you’re on the fence about whether or not it’s the right choice for you, compare other options for legal advice before signing up.

Frequently asked questions

Ask an expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookies Policy.


    Default Gravatar
    April 26, 2018

    I bought a cabin in North Carolina 10 years ago. The property is appraised below at or below market value. I want to sell but the other owner does not want to because of the costs involved. Her adult daughter would like to assume our share of the property so we can be clear of monthly payments but I am still ultimately responsible for the deed and mortgage . She suggested that I quick claim deed to her daughter. However as much as I trust her daughter I suspect that I will still be ultimately responsible for the deed and the mortgage. Is it better for me to do a land contract to protect myself? Or do you have any other ideas ?

      Avatarfinder Customer Care
      April 26, 2018

      Hello Andrew.

      Thanks for posting on Finder.

      A Deed of Conveyance could be the best route in your situation. One example of a Deed of Conveyance is a Quit Claim Deed which is often used to drop a name from a property title. This is executed by the property owner, leaving the deed and title to the remaining owners of the property, who wish to remain on the title.

      There are several steps needed to execute a Deed of Conveyance. First, you need an agreement on property ownership interest, then obtain a copy of your title deed, execution of the quitclaim statement, submit the quitclaim statement and obtain a copy for yourself of the quitclaim deed.

      You may want to consult a lawyer on how to go about the steps in greater detail. Visit LegalMatch to get a free consultation with a lawyer.

      Hope this helps.

      All the best,


    Default Gravatar
    July 24, 2017

    I played off my home some time in 2003 and I was a single parent of two children, I had health issues and put the home in my children names which one was a teen and the other was about 5 years old. The way the lawyer did it is he gave me living rights to the property till death. Now I want to take the oldest child off the deed. How do I go about doing so and if I get a lawyer what price range am I look at for the lawyer fee.

    Thank You.

      Default Gravatar
      July 29, 2017

      Hi David,

      Thanks for reaching out.

      If you wish to remove your child’s name from the deed, assuming he is not a minor, you may draft a quitclaim deed and have it signed by all the titleholders i.e. you and your children, transferring title to you and the younger child. However, the child would not be compelled to do this. In the case of involuntary deed removal of the child is minor, the process will be complicated. Better yet, seek advice from a lawyer. As for the fees, that will actually depend on the extent of the job and the lawyer’s billing rate. You might find some information on this by clicking the “Go to Site” button above.

      Kind regards,

    Default Gravatar
    June 5, 2017

    My girlfriend and I bought some property about six years ago. We have recently paid it off, and recorded the deed in our names. Unfortunately the deed has our last names being the same, but we have different last names. How can this be fixed

      Avatarfinder Customer Care
      July 6, 2017

      Hi Ricky,

      Thanks for your question.

      Generally, if there are minor mistakes in the deed, you can execute a corrective deed. Such mistakes include misspelled names, incomplete names or omission of marital status and other information. This may or may not apply to you.

      You may want to contact a lawyer who can give you expert advice on the best course of action for your situation. If you want to contact LegalMatch, just click the “go to site” button above.


    Default Gravatar
    May 26, 2017

    I need a lawyer, I bought a apartment last year, i added my boyfriend name on, but I paid for the everything even the load, can I remove his name out of ownership now? How much it will cost ? Thank you


      Avatarfinder Customer Care
      July 7, 2017

      Hi Lisa,

      Thanks for reaching out.

      If you need a lawyer recommended by LegalMatch, best to click on the ‘Go to site’ button above so you’d be redirected to their main page. Meantime, the cost of removing someone’s name from the title would vary depending on your location, an attorney can best advise of the possible fees that may be involved in the process.


    Default Gravatar
    April 18, 2017


      Avatarfinder Customer Care
      July 25, 2017

      Hi Carolyn,

      Thanks for your inquiry.

      Your daughter will automatically be the recipient of the properties since she is your legitimate heir.

      Eliminating the ownership rights of those listed on a property deed typically involves removing the names from the deed and from the title. Because some types of property are better suited to specific needs of conveyance, this process requires knowing more about the type of property you’re discussing.
      A deed of conveyance — such as a quitclaim or warranty deed — is the most common way to remove a name from the property deed. A deed of conveyance is usually completed by the property owner leaving the deed and title to the remaining owners of the property, who intend to remain on the title. Removing a name from the property deed requires five steps.

      1. Discuss property ownership interests.
      2. Access a copy of your title deed.
      3. Complete, review, and sign the quitclaim or warranty form.
      4. Submit the quitclaim or warranty form.
      5. Request a certified copy of your quitclaim or warranty deed.

      If the process is too complicated, simply get an expert opinion, you may compare online legal services.

      Hope this information helped.


Go to site