Get legal advice or find a lawyer in your area.LegalMatch will use your case information to help you find a lawyer that specializes in the specific real estate niche with which you need help.
|Includes filing papers with court?|
|File without spouse|
|Divorce papers reviewed?|
- Access to a database of pre-screened, licensed lawyers
- User-friendly online law library
- No fees to present your case
- Watch out for lawyers with negative complaints
- Your case can be rejected by lawyers without any contact
What is LegalMatch?LegalMatch is a site that can help you find a lawyer in your area with the expertise to take on your specific case.LegalMatch is not a referral service — it won’t choose a lawyer for you. Instead, you post your case information and lawyers who specialize in the area you need can contact you. You’ll be able to see reviews, practice areas and legal experience for each lawyer interested in your case.
How long does it take to get a lawyer?
You’ll generally get responses within 1-3 business days of posting your case.
After you find lawyers interested in your case, how long it takes to make a choice depends on you and the lawyers you interview. You can schedule an initial conversation over the phone or in person, depending on your needs and your potential lawyer’s process.
You can get a lawyer in as little as a couple of days, though it may take longer if you plan to schedule initial consultations with multiple lawyers before choosing one.
What areas of law can I get help with?LegalMatch can match you with lawyers that specialize in all legal areas of real estate, including:
- Bankruptcy and finances
- Criminal defense
- Intellectual property
- Personal injury
- Products and services
- Real estate
- Wills, trusts and estates
What does it cost?LegalMatch doesn’t charge anything for its services. But any lawyer you find through the site likely will charge you, and those fees are set by each individual lawyer or their firm and will vary.LegalMatch displays fees that you can expect to pay with each lawyer, but it’s also a good idea to ask any potential lawyer about the cost of service during your initial consultation.
Features and benefits of LegalMatch
The site offers a number of additional features, including:
- Online law library. LegalMatch has a fairly large online library that provides important information on many types of law.
- Clear pay structure. Lawyers are required to include their pay structure when responding to potential clients, that way there are no costly surprises.
- Legal center. LegalMatch offers a comprehensive guide full of links to helpful resources such as sites with legal advice, forums, a legal dictionary and more.
- LegalMatch blog. The site publishes helpful articles related to different aspects of law on its blog.
Can I trust the lawyers I’m matched with?
Only licensed lawyers with a good reputation are accepted into the LegalMatch program. And LegalMatch is endorsed by bar associations in several states, including Texas, North Carolina and South Carolina. It’s also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
But it’s still up to you to vet any lawyer you’re interested in. Google any lawyers you’re considering hiring to find out what past clients have said, and take the time to set up an initial consultation before hiring any lawyer.
What to watch out for
In our research there weren’t too many complaints from users of the site. However, we did find some lawyers who have had a negative experience with LegalMatch. Most complaints from lawyers involved unsolicited emails and phone calls advertising LegalMatch‘s services.
Some of these unsolicited emails contained examples of charges filed against individuals and their location. If the examples were real, that could be a privacy concern — though no names were used in the examples.
Need legal advice?
- Transfer real estate or property
- Easy to customize documents
- Free 7-day trial
Our top pick: Rocket Lawyer Quitclaim Deed
Rocket Lawyer gives you access to legal documents, legal advice and representation seamlessly.
- Instant access to a library of user friendly legal documents
- Fast access to a network of certified lawyers
- Free 30-minute consultations
- Reduced rates in select services
Who would benefit from LegalMatch services?
If you need legal advice and don’t currently have a lawyer, or you have a lawyer you’re unhappy with, you can benefit from using LegalMatch. But keep in mind that the site just matches you with lawyers in your area who can take your case. It won’t choose the right lawyer for you.
How LegalMatch works
You can get help on LegalMatch by signing up, presenting your case and finding a lawyer.
- Present your case. It takes about 20 minutes to fill out all of the required information.
- Wait for responses. Lawyers in your area will be notified of your case. In about 1-3 business days you will start to get responses from different lawyers in your area.
- Compare lawyers. You can view and compare the lawyers’ profiles to determine which lawyer is best suited for your specific needs.
- Choose a lawyer. Once you select a lawyer, you cab meet with them for consultations and to discuss the details of your case more in-depth.
As you can see, the process is quick and simple and will save you a lot of time. It’s a much faster alternative to researching each lawyer individually, making phone calls and scheduling consultations.