LeapLife review 2021
Get matched with an insurance provider and policy tailored to your specific situation.
finder.com's rating: 5 / 5
- Get a quote if you want help finding the best life insurance policy for you.
- Choose a different provider if you live in New York or Massachusetts or want to work directly with a company.
18 to 75
$100,000 to $5,000,000
Depends on provider and policy
Medical Exam Required
|Policies||Term Life, Accidental Death, Whole Life, Universal Life|
|Term lengths||10, 15, 20, 30 (years)|
|Medical exam required||Depends on provider and policy|
|Available states||Currently unavailable in New York|
|Issue age||18 - 75 years old|
- More options
- Curated providers
- NY and MA excluded
- Limited options for pre-existing conditions
No info available
Julia Cameron is a writer and editor who has experience in finance, mergers and acquisitions, content marketing and immigration law. She has a passion for interior design and an affinity for Old Florida, where she lives with her family.
LeapLife is a new company that cuts down on some of the legwork by connecting you with quotes from six top-rated life insurance companies. It’s seen zero complaints since going into business in 2017, and great reviews on TrustPilot. However, if you suffer from a pre-existing condition, like kidney disease, you may find better rates and more benefit options by going direct.
LeapLife insurance rates
We pulled 2021 sample quotes from LeapLife’s online quote tool for a $500,000, 20-year term life policy for a healthy man and woman. LeapLife’s rates are lower than average for this coverage size and term length.
What affects my rate with LeapLife?
The cost of your policy will be determined by several factors, including what type of coverage you’re applying for, your gender, age and the coverage amount. Other factors that affect the cost include:
- Medical history
- Family health history
- Nicotine use
How to get a quote from LeapLife life insurance
To get a free quote, you can either give LeapLife a call or fill out some info online. Follow these steps to get an online quote:
- On LeapLife’s homepage, click Get Your Quote or Get Started.
- Fill out information about yourself like age, height, weight, gender, where you live and whether you smoke. Then click Get Your Rate.
- You’ll then be asked if the policy is for you or someone else, whether you’re a citizen or green-card holder, and questions about your health. Click Next.
- Answer questions about risk factors such as DUI, medications, bankruptcy and dangerous hobbies. If you’re taking any prescription medications, you’ll be asked to enter those on the next page.
- You’ll then be presented with quotes that you can customize. If you’re happy with the quote you’ve selected, continue to the application process, where you’ll answer questions about basics, health, lifestyle and payment.
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
Approval can be instant when you apply online, or it may take longer when applying over the phone.
Once you are approved, set up your online account, if one is available for your policy. There you can manage your policy and possibly set up auto-pay to ensure payments are made on time.
What types of life insurance coverage does LeapLife offer?
LeapLife is not a direct insurance underwriter. Instead, this company matches you with the life insurer that best suits your situation. Because LeapLife works with six main insurance companies, you’ll have access to all of the standard life insurance coverage, including:
- Level term. A level term policy guarantees that your premium remains the same throughout the duration of your policy. The policy expires at the end of the term and no benefits are paid out if you outlive that term.
- Accidental death. This is usually the least expensive option. Like a term policy, accidental death is for a set period of time. But the policy only pays out in the event of an accidental death and typically doesn’t cover death from an illness.
- Whole. A whole policy covers you for life and your premiums will remain the same throughout the policy.
- Universal. Universal life insurance also covers you for life, but offers more flexibility. With a universal policy, you can increase or decrease your death benefits and adjust your premiums accordingly.
What riders can I add to my policy?
The insurance provider you get matched up with will determine what riders you might be able to add to your policy. Some of the most common include:
- Accelerated death benefit rider. If you’re diagnosed with a chronic, critical or terminal illness, this rider allows you to tap into your benefits before death.
- Child rider. This allows you to add term life insurance for your children.
- Waiver-of-premium rider. With this benefit, if you’re disabled or lose income because of an injury or illness, you will no longer have to pay your premiums.
- Disability income benefit rider. This benefit supplies supplementary income in the event you are completely disabled.
LeapLife life insurance reviews and complaints
LeapLife is accredited with the BBB and receives an A+ rating from the organization. Currently, LeapLife has zero complaints and zero reviews with the BBB.
On TrustPilot, 89% of 63 reviews fall into the “Excellent” category, with a TrustScore of 9.2/10.
|AM Best financial rating||
|Trustpilot score||4.8/5 out of 119 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||21 January 2021|
Compare life insurance companies like LeapLife
More about LeapLife
LeapLife has been in operation since 2017. It matches its customers with life insurance policies that fit their situation and needs. It serves all US states except New York and Massachusetts.
While it’s a good way to compare six providers at once, make sure you’re getting the best possible policy by comparing life insurance providers on your own.
How does LeapLife protect my data?
LeapLife uses physical, administrative and technological safeguards to protect your data. However, LeapLife notes that “no system is impenetrable.” If any of your data is compromised, LeapLife will notify you, investigate the breach and follow all applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information that could be collected by LeapLife includes your name, email address, phone number, your employer, income and health insurance coverages. LeapLife might share this info with underwriting, third parties and service providers that perform services for LeapLife, companies owned by LeapLife and third parties whose products or services you might be interested in.
Frequently asked questions about LeapLife life insurance
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.