Pay for a big purchase or consolidate debt with fair rates and repayment terms of up to five years.
Laurel Road (formerly DRB) is a bank that specializes in student loan refinancing while offering personal loans to pay for life’s next big steps or surprises.
|Product Name||Laurel Road Personal Loans|
|Min Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$45,000|
|Min APR||From 5.5%|
|Minimum Loan Term||3 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||5 years|
|Requirements||Must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid I-551 card. Best for people w/ 680+ credit scores and $60,000+ annual income.|
- Must be a U.S. Citizens or permanent resident with a valid I-551 card.
- Have good to excellent credit.
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a Laurel Road personal loan, you must have a minimum credit score of 680+, be a US citizen or permanent resident and be at least 18 years old. Laurel Road personal loans are best for people with annual income of $60,000 or more who have debt of less than 40% of their income.
What are Laurel Road personal loans?
Laurel Road offers personal loans with rates that start at 5.5%, depending on the loan you select and your creditworthiness. You’ll pay no origination fees or prepayment penalties and could be eligible for a personal loan with longer terms, lower rates and minimum payments if you work in the medical profession.
What makes Laurel Road personal loans unique?
Laurel Road’s personal loans are on par with competitors in terms of rates and terms offered. Laurel Road offers additional benefits, including a higher maximum loan amount of $80,000 for doctors and dentists and minimum monthly payments of just $25 for residents and fellows.
What are the benefits of a Laurel Road personal loan?
- Autopay discount. Get a 0.25% discount on your rate when you sign up for autopay from a bank account.
- Easy application. Apply online in about five minutes to learn the loans and terms you qualify for.
- No extra fees. Pay no origination fees or prepayment penalties with this loan.
- Stronger loans for doctors. If you’re a medical professional, you may be eligible for higher maximum loan amounts, longer terms and lower rates.
- Referral bonus. Get a $300 reward for referring any new customers who take up a personal loan with Laurel Road.
What to watch out for
Laurel Road highlights the many benefits of its personal loan online, but it doesn’t provide quite as many details as those you’ll find for its student loan refinancing product. If you have any questions about this loan, be sure to ask a customer service representative before signing a contract.
Compare Laurel Road personal loans to other options
Am I eligible for a Laurel Road personal loan?
To apply for a personal loan with Laurel Road, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid I-551 card. You’ll need to meet Laurel Road’s underwriting criteria, including employment, disposable income, debt-to-income and credit history requirements.
Other eligibility requirements, such as your education credentials, may apply for those looking to get the benefits offered to medical professionals.
What should I expect when I apply?
You can apply for a personal loan through Laurel Road’s short online application in just a few steps. Simply click the Go to site button on this page to be directed to Laurel Road’s website. From there, you’ll click the Apply Now orange button to fill out the form.
Fill in your personal information such as your name, email, date of birth and Social Security number. Then click the next dropdown to continue.
Fill in your employment status, monthly rent/mortgage payment, highest level of education. Here you’ll be asked how much you want to borrow and for what reason.
You’ll have to confirm that you’ve read and agree to the Disclosures and Policies document. Checking your quoted rate won’t impact your credit score, but if you decide to move forward Laurel Road will conduct a hard credit pull that may cause a dip in your credit score.
What happens after I apply?
After choosing your terms, you’ll upload documents that could include:
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Two recent pay stubs.
Once Laurel Road makes its decision, you’ll receive a letter with your rate and disclosure information. The final step is accepting the loan’s terms and signing your promissory note.
I got the Laurel Road personal loan. Now what?
- Sign up for autopay. Save 0.25% on your interest rate by setting up automatic payments from your bank account.
- Avoid unnecessary fees. Laurel Road may charge a penalty fee for late payments. Autopay can help you avoid any potential fees that come with late payments.
- Contact customer service. Contact Laurel Road at 855-245-0989 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Live chat is available through Laurel Road’s website.
Laurel Road’s personal loans are an easy way to get the funding for many needs. If you’re a medical professional, you could qualify for better rates and longer terms.
You may want to compare Laurel Road to other lenders to make sure you get the strongest rate and repayment terms that you qualify for.
Frequently asked questions about Laurel Road personal loans
Before you visit Laurel Road..
The most qualified applicants have a minimum credit score of 680. Laurel Road tends to be best for people with annual income above $60,000 and total debt of less than 40% their income. If you don’t think Laurel Road is best for you, explore other loan options.