Same-day financing for residents of 10 states.
|Product Name||King of Kash Signature Loan|
|Min. Loan Amount||$100|
|Max. Loan Amount||$3,000|
|Loan Term||11 to 14 months|
|Turnaround Time||As soon as same day|
|Requirements||Proof of employment or income, checking or savings account active for 30+ days, debit or credit card in your name, verifiable phone number, Social Security number, valid photo ID, US citizen, 18+ years old|
- Regular income
- Full-time job, if employed
- Bank account
- Debit or credit card
- US citizen
- Age of majority.
What is a King of Kash installment loan?
A King of Kash Signature Loan is a short-term installment loan open to all credit types. Applicants in most eligible states can apply online or over the phone. Missouri residents can also apply for and repay the loan in person at a King of Kash location.
You can get your funds as soon as the same day if you’re approved in person or in the early afternoon. Typically, loan terms run from 11 to 14 months, though you can pay it off early at no extra charge.
What states are King of Kash installment loans available in?
King of Kash only has locations in Missouri. However, you can apply online or over the phone if you live in one of the following states:
- New Mexico
What are the benefits of a King of Kash installment loan?
From its refund policy to its multiple repayment options, here are a few perks of borrowing from King of Kash:
- Refund policy. You don’t have to pay any interest or fees if you return your loan within 24 hours.
- Employment not required. You might qualify for this loan even if you aren’t employed as long as you receive some form of documented fixed income.
- No origination fee. Unlike many installment lenders, King of Kash doesn’t charge a one-time fee when you take out your loan.
- Multiple repayment methods. You can pay off your loan with a debit or credit card, money order or have King of Kash withdraw the funds directly from your account.
What to watch out for
Consider these potential drawbacks before taking out a King of Kash installment loan:
- Doesn’t disclose rates. King of Kash doesn’t mention how much its loans cost on its website, nor could its customer service team give us an answer.
- Lower amounts for first-time borrowers. You can only borrow up to $800 the first time you take out a loan.
- Limited state availability. These loans are only available in Alabama, Delaware, Kansas, Missouri, Utah, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Texas, Tennessee and Mississippi.
- Not open Sundays. King of Kash is only open Monday through Saturday, meaning you can’t get funding on Sunday.
Beware of potentially high rates
King of Kash doesn’t mention interest rates or APRs on its website. And it couldn’t give us a general range when we called its customer service team. With installment loans, this is often a sign of high interest rates — especially since it doesn’t run a credit check.
It also makes it difficult to compare offers with other providers. You likely need to apply to get an idea of the rates you might get.
Compare more installment loan providers
Is it safe to apply for a King of Kash installment loan?
Generally, yes. King of Kash uses SSL encryption to protect any information you submit through its website from hackers, though there’s no way to absolutely guarantee its protection.
The safest way to apply is in person, which is only available to residents of Missouri. You can also apply over the phone if you’re concerned about your Social Security number or other sensitive information being shared over the Internet.
King of Kash’s privacy policies vary by state. Read yours carefully before applying to learn how to limit data sharing and opt out of text message alerts.
What do borrowers have to say about King of Kash?
Almost nothing. It only has two reviews on its Better Business Bureau page — both of which are negative — and doesn’t have a Trustpilot page at all. It also doesn’t have any mentions on popular online forums like Reddit.
Few online reviews is common for lenders with a limited reach like King of Kash, especially when they offer in-person and phone applications. However, it makes it difficult to know what past customers have experienced and what situations to look out for.
Am I eligible?
Most borrowers need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for a loan:
- Regular income. This means checks regularly coming in either from a job, Social Security, disability or retirement benefits.
- Full-time job, if employed. You must work at least 36 hours a week at a permanent position if you rely on your job as a main source of income.
- Bank account. The account must be an active checking or savings account that’s been open for at least 30 days.
- Debit or credit card. You also must have a Visa or Mastercard in your name connected to a credit card or checking account.
- US citizen. Permanent residents aren’t eligible for this loan.
- Age of majority. In most states, this means 18. Alabama residents must be 19 and Mississippi residents must be 21.
How do I apply?
You can apply in person at a Missouri location, over the phone or online. To apply over the phone, call 800-892-3006. Or follow these steps to get started with the online application:
- Go to the King of Kash website.
- Click Apply Online.
- Complete the required fields with your contact, identification, employment and bank account information. Click Submit.
- Follow the directions to submit any required documents.
- Review and sign your loan agreement.
You can potentially receive your funds by check the same day if you apply in person. You can also get your money the same day if you get approved before 3 p.m. CT.
What documents do I need to apply?
While document requirements may vary, you typically need to provide:
- Proof of employment. You need a pay stub or award letter showing how much money you receive each month.
- Valid photo ID. King of Kash requires a photo ID like a driver’s license or passport to verify your identity.
You also need to provide information about your bank account, including your account and routing number, as well as when you opened it.
I got the King of Kash installment loan. Now what?
You’re now responsible for repaying the loan. These installment loans come with monthly repayments and terms of up to 14 months, though you can save on interest by paying off your loan faster.
You can pay with a money order in person or by using a debit or credit card over the phone. Or you can authorize King of Kash to withdraw repayments directly from your bank account each month. If your payment bounces, King of Kash charges a $25 fee. Late payments also come with a late fee, which varies.
King of Kash offers same- or next-day financing that could help you out in a pinch. But it isn’t transparent about costs and doesn’t offer funding in most states.
Find out how it stacks up to other providers by checking out our guide to installment loans.