Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Kia roadside assistance
Get the roadside help you need in a jam, from flat tires to battery charges.
Flat tires, potholes and lost keys happen. And while no one wants to deal with unexpected delays, Kia’s roadside assistance can help make them a bit less painful. But once your warranty’s up, getting coverage through your insurer or other provider might be your best bet.
What’s included with Kia roadside assistance?
Kia’s program provides standard roadside services and information assistance to get you up and running again. Most plans include coverage for minor mechanical issues and sudden car troubles such as:
- Towing. Get towed to the nearest Kia dealer or other service location in the event of warranty-related breakdown.
- Fuel delivery. Top up your empty tank with a maximum of two gallons of fuel delivered to your car up to two times per year.
- Flat tire assistance. Receive assistance for switching out a flat tire for your spare.
- Battery replacements or jumps. On-the-spot battery recharges will send you on your way.
- Lockout assistance. Get the help you need if you lock your keys in the car or if they’re lost, broken or stolen.
- Trip interruption expenses. Benefits could be available in the event a warranty-covered issue arises more than 150 miles from home. If repairs require more than 24 hours to complete, benefits will cover up to $100 per day for a maximum of three days per incident.
- 24/7 roadside assistance. Find help roadside at any hour, any day of the week.
Which cars are covered by Kia roadside assistance?
Kia’s roadside assistance is provided on all new Kia vehicles from the in-service date for a period of 60 months or 60,000 miles — whichever comes sooner — subject to terms and conditions. The service is also fully transferable should you decide to sell your car.
You can still use roadside services post-warranty, but you’ll have to make payments out of pocket.
How much does it cost?
Kia’s roadside assistance is included in its five-year/60,000 miles warranty — whichever comes first. After the warranty is up, you can still use the service, but will have to pay for it yourself.
Even under warranty protection, there are a few cost and occurrence limitations to consider. For example, roadside services are limited to a maximum of $75 per incident.
Trip interruption expenses are also limited to $100 per day for a maximum of three days per incident. If these options feel limiting, consider roadside services through your insurance company.
How do I contact Kia roadside assistance?
Contact Kia’s 24-hour service at 866-444-5421 for assistance anywhere in the United States or Canada.
What info do I need to call for roadside help?
Before contacting roadside assistance, have the following information handy:
- License plate number
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Vehicle color, make and model
Kia vs. insurance roadside assistance
Kia provides a favorable roadside assistance package, but there may be situations where an insurance company can bring more benefits. Consider:
- Cost. Kia’s free coverage works well as a new car owner. However, after the five-year warranty mark, an insurance company’s coverage might be more worthwhile.
- Coverage. Kia includes standard service in its package. However, you could find other benefits with certain insurers, like more towing mileage or trip interruption benefits.
- Limits. It’s beneficial to compare and contrast limitations per package. Kia’s services, for example, are limited to $75 per occurrence, while certain insurers might allow for higher costs.
- Self-help. For less hazardous occurrences like fuel delivery and battery jump-starts, calling a friend or family member might be more cost-effective than using up coverage under Kia or your insurer.
Alternatives to Kia roadside assistance
Kia offers an extensive roadside assistance and warranty package, granting helpful benefits to get you back on the road without footing a hefty bill. But if you don’t qualify for these benefits or are in need of more, compare other providers to find the best coverage for you.
Frequently asked questions about Kia roadside assistance
More guides on Finder
How to separate your finances during divorce
Ways to protect your assets and what you need to know about marital debt.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review January 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Jan 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Acceptance car insurance review Jan 2021
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Does insurance cover camping?
From bears to boats, know when your campout could use protection to cover all the possibilities.
Vroom used car financing review
A simple and streamline financing process — but no preapproval offered.
Point card review
A debit card that walks, talks and acts like a credit card.
Ask an Expert